Bar Station Zebra (Fan Bar)

I have no idea but it is a good question.

Card only: seems to be the way things are going generally. Easier to handle, fewer security problems, requires some preparation. Alienates some.

Cash and card: gives the customer choice but involves more effort.

Cash only: would be a disaster, I'm fairly confident a number of potential customers would turn up without cash. No idea where the nearest cash point is- in the hospital somewhere?

Might be another indicator of Frank's customer focus. He seems to be getting a lot right so far. So I'd expect cash and card.

16 minutes ago, Longlostfan said:

I have no idea but it is a good question.

Card only: seems to be the way things are going generally. Easier to handle, fewer security problems, requires some preparation. Alienates some.

Cash and card: gives the customer choice but involves more effort.

Cash only: would be a disaster, I'm fairly confident a number of potential customers would turn up without cash. No idea where the nearest cash point is- in the hospital somewhere?

Might be another indicator of Frank's customer focus. He seems to be getting a lot right so far. So I'd expect cash and card.

Thanks, think ill bring both just to be safe!

I thought it might be card but with it being a new fan bar only set up within a few days then I  just presumed!

Yes i believe the nearest cash point would be at the Hospital.

14 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

He's also said that this bar isn't due to open til September so he's rushed it thru and it's not finished. Jus enough done to open it tomorrow. So it could b the case of cash only for that reason. Would take cash anyway

Thanks !

2 hours ago, Farkas89 said:

Thanks, think ill bring both just to be safe!

I thought it might be card but with it being a new fan bar only set up within a few days then I  just presumed!

Yes i believe the nearest cash point would be at the Hospital.

Or outside KFC 

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

What's the difference between a "Fan Bar" and a "Bar"?

Who's not allowed in? 

In the sense that it's highly unlikely that anybody who isn't a fan will go out of their way to drink there 

19 minutes ago, Simpo said:

In the sense that it's highly unlikely that anybody who isn't a fan will go out of their way to drink there 

Have you heard of mates Simpo?

Those people who like to go for a drink with you, but support United or City?

I think there’s scope for opening the fans bar more than on just match days. 
Perhaps you could invite Ex players & managers eg.  ‘An audience with’ or have a rerun of past Latics games on a big screen.

You could also open it for England games or champions league games and put a bit of food on.

During the week nowadays the pub trade is generally dead and a venue that is busier and one that would appeal to local Latics fans has got be worth a go.
Perhaps a discount for ST holders would be an idea too……

With all the profits going to the football club I’m sure it could be well supported!!

They have done a great job tidying it up. It looks like the same shell it was when the club blocked that attempt in Dec 2018.

In fact the tables are there in the photo from then I then,  the chairs have moved on. The  underself base units MA kitchens put it for us are still there too

It's a start as the corporate stuff will be back in the OEC again.

2 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Perhaps you could invite Ex players & managers eg.  ‘An audience with’ or have a rerun of past Latics games on a big screen.

You could also open it for England games or champions league games and put a bit of food on.

During the week nowadays the pub trade is generally dead and a venue that is busier and one that would appeal to local Latics fans has got be worth a go.

With all the profits going to the football club I’m sure it could be well supported!!

Could double up as a youth zone/home for athleticos non March days or use by OACT too. 

Maybe even latics swap shop_'pop up market on match days 

Lots of possibilities depending on the vision.

Exciting

4 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

There is absolutely scope for it to open on non match days. Am sure those who have permanent facilities of this type open on non match days. But it’s going into the top floor long term which will probably double up as suite for hire (conferences, weddings etc) so will probably be a neutral space in terms of its character and decor 

39 minutes ago, Andy b said:

There is absolutely scope for it to open on non match days. Am sure those who have permanent facilities of this type open on non match days. But it’s going into the top floor long term which will probably double up as suite for hire (conferences, weddings etc) so will probably be a neutral space in terms of its character and decor 

It wouldn’t surprise me if there was a change for it to remain downstairs but until it’s tested out they won’t know how it works. As I said the other day the original plan for it to go upstairs is still there but Frank will have to review all these things when the deal for the ground is completed, so change could happen. 

6 hours ago, Pidge said:

Have you heard of mates Simpo?

Those people who like to go for a drink with you, but support United or City?

Please excuse me, I just offered the idea as a possible reason for the nomenclature, not a hard and fast rule 

11 hours ago, Andy b said:

so will probably be a neutral space in terms of its character and decor 

I've been to a number of events at football grounds on non match days- most frequently Derby.

They do a decent job with photo's of former players/ key moments etc

Not too intrusive but provides a bit of local flavour- think I prefer that to a completely bland offering.

One thing that amused me at Derby was their was reserved parking for the directors and some of the staff- all of whose slots carried their individual names. The managers slot was just marked 'first team manager' and no name. Which underlines for the temporary position of managers these days.

Archived