Signing & Player Rumours

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, redlion said:

No, have you ?

If so, how did he do ?

The prospect of his arrival underwhelms i'm afraid.

You can be underwhelmed but why write off someone who has been away from the club for about 7 years when you've no idea how he now plays etc? Wiseowl just being negative for the sake of it on his post with how over the top

I'm sure the Sheffield United player will be a decent signing but I find it a bit strange that we've signed someone on a one month loan just 24 hours after our new Head of Recruitment said, and this is a direct quote, "we don't want players just to come in for a month to get fit and then they go back"...

2 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I'm sure the Sheffield United player will be a decent signing but I find it a bit strange that we've signed someone on a one month loan just 24 hours after our new Head of Recruitment said, and this is a direct quote, "we don't want players just to come in for a month to get fit and then they go back"...

Tbf according to the Oldham Times, Unsworth said we can keep on extending it month by month, not sure how that works if he does really well and an EFL club comes sniffing though.

28 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

You can be underwhelmed but why write off someone who has been away from the club for about 7 years when you've no idea how he now plays etc? Wiseowl just being negative for the sake of it on his post with how over the top

I'm more concerned with his excessive use of quotation marks...

Some of the comments on here are like Unsworth's tactics.
They never fucking change no matter who comes in. :D 

Yeah, we want to get results, get up the league so what's wrong with bringing players in on initial one month loans if they add to the quality and the results?

5 hours ago, Wardie said:

Some of the comments on here are like Unsworth's tactics.
They never fucking change no matter who comes in. :D 

Yeah, we want to get results, get up the league so what's wrong with bringing players in on initial one month loans if they add to the quality and the results?

We have always had a small minority who whinge and moan like f*** at every little thing .This board is becoming real negative despite all the good things happening at the club. Really is unbelievable , we were almost Bury MK2  4 days from oblivion . We are in the National League on merit because we have had conesecutive crap owners who ran the club into the ground. There is no easy fix its going to take some time and no amount of moaning is going to help.  The squad is not best by a long way and is top heavy on defenders ,and no midfield options .Which is the major factor on Unsworths tactics. He cant change much most of the players are the same type , and the bench is never going to change a game much at the moment.

Also one other factor is there is a shortage of players available which is  probably one reason for a lot of loans . And I also suspect the board wanted to have a recruitment process set up as we have seen this week, before they opt for more permanent transfers. Think we all need to calm down realise where we are , be thankfull we have good people in place doing there best . Show a bit more patience , we will be in a far better position in 12 months time .

6 hours ago, penrhyn said:

We have always had a small minority who whinge and moan like f*** at every little thing .This board is becoming real negative despite all the good things happening at the club. Really is unbelievable , we were almost Bury MK2  4 days from oblivion . We are in the National League on merit because we have had conesecutive crap owners who ran the club into the ground. There is no easy fix its going to take some time and no amount of moaning is going to help.  The squad is not best by a long way and is top heavy on defenders ,and no midfield options .Which is the major factor on Unsworths tactics. He cant change much most of the players are the same type , and the bench is never going to change a game much at the moment.

Also one other factor is there is a shortage of players available which is  probably one reason for a lot of loans . And I also suspect the board wanted to have a recruitment process set up as we have seen this week, before they opt for more permanent transfers. Think we all need to calm down realise where we are , be thankfull we have good people in place doing there best . Show a bit more patience , we will be in a far better position in 12 months time .

All spot on. 
but, we need some wins and soon or the new regime maybe presiding over a relegation of their own. 

7 hours ago, penrhyn said:

Were we days from oblivion? I must have missed all the winding up petitions and Court orders.

8 hours ago, penrhyn said:

I generally agree wholehearted with what you say, until you get to that word " patience ".  The problem is for a lot of us is that we've been patient for almost thirty (30) years !

2 hours ago, True Tic said:

All spot on. 
but, we need some wins and soon or the new regime maybe presiding over a relegation of their own. 

Hence the 1 month loan players in an attempt to be able to drop the players who will not put the effort in for DU. Hopefully soon we will have enough new contracted players, plus loan players, plus “players who care” from the old squad to mount a decent performance.

You could argue that DU knows they won’t play for him hence the 7 at the back hoping we will at least get a 0:0 draw.  When he has the right players, we know he wants to play 4,3,3. That day can’t come soon enough for me. 

1 hour ago, PeteG said:

Were we days from oblivion? I must have missed all the winding up petitions and Court orders.

Whether we were days, weeks or months from that end, that was the direction we were heading under the stewardship of the Lemsagams and their Senior Club Advisor.

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

Whether we were days, weeks or months from that end, that was the direction we were heading under the stewardship of the Lemsagams and their Senior Club Advisor.

AFAIK They don't need a winding up order for the Lemmies to have turned round and dissolved the club? As owners I suspect they could have done this to cut their losses, and finish corney+co's job of asset stripping what little was left. If no buyer been forthcoming. We'd have been fortunate to have gates of 1k (rather than 8k) had they still been here, so they'd have been bleeding cash to keep it going.

31 minutes ago, hinchy said:

AFAIK They don't need a winding up order for the Lemmies to have turned round and dissolved the club? As owners I suspect they could have done this to cut their losses, and finish corney+co's job of asset stripping what little was left. If no buyer been forthcoming. We'd have been fortunate to have gates of 1k (rather than 8k) had they still been here, so they'd have been bleeding cash to keep it going.

Liquidating the club would actually have helped Blitz to finish off the asset stripping. It wasn't in their interest to see the club go under and we had sold more than 1k season tickets so that's not true either. Remember they kept the club going through Covid with no gates at all and i know there was some grants but it wasn't much, think it totalled about £500k

Archived