Signing & Player Rumours

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Oh give it a bloody rest!!!!

It's BPs opinion and like the rest of he is entitled to it, even if I do feel like the needle's stuck, sometimes. Besides, the gist of it is right, we must have a huge backroom for a non-league outfit and the squad is definitely bloated beyond necessary. 

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Including the multiple  backroom staff for a non league club, how many did big Joe have back in our heyday in the EPL? 

3 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Oh give it a bloody rest!!!!

Agree - it’s time to stop harping on about a different era - it has absolutely no relevance to what is going on today…

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Agree - it’s time to stop harping on about a different era - it has absolutely no relevance to what is going on today…

You can't tell me stop posting what my views are, same as I can't tell you.

I'll carry on as I have being doing for years, you aren't forced to read them, although flattered many do.

5 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

just checked….I make it 35 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Far too many  which does nothing for team bonding.Far too many average players .Need quality not quantity .We do have a few above average players who can get us out of this mess but Unworthy is doing nothing to get the best out of them.

6 hours ago, BP1960 said:

You can't tell me stop posting what my views are, same as I can't tell you.

I'll carry on as I have being doing for years, you aren't forced to read them, although flattered many do.

We had a small backroom staff under Sheridan it didn't work. The world has moved on since Joe's heyday. 

The manager has had the backing of hiring his own backroom staff and has been backed in recruitment it's time for them to deliver. At the most now I'd say we need a right back now Clarke has been jettisoned after that I wouldn't allow any more signings until January. 

4 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

We had a small backroom staff under Sheridan it didn't work. The world has moved on since Joe's heyday. 

The manager has had the backing of hiring his own backroom staff and has been backed in recruitment it's time for them to deliver. At the most now I'd say we need a right back now Clarke has been jettisoned after that I wouldn't allow any more signings until January. 

Need someone who can put their foot on the ball in midfield and a number 9.

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Need someone who can put their foot on the ball in midfield and a number 9.

Spot on. Hard to be more attacking when we don't have anyone who can take the game by the scruff of the neck. Gardner clearly isn't up to it.

12 hours ago, latics22 said:

He wants more players fuck me!

Realistically Unsworth shouldn't be given any more permanent signings by Frank before we see some on field progress.

We're reaching the stage where it looks like it isn't going to work with DU and bringing people in on 2 year deals now may mean we're stuck with the wage if DU goes and the new manager doesn't want/need them.

Unsworth reminds me of O'Leary when he was at Leeds who responded to any criticism by publicly demanding more players, he nearly bankrupted them and Frank is probably feeling similar financial pressure at the minute given what our wage bill must be for the level we are at, still nags away at me why Shez wasn't backed similarly from the off.

Similarly heard we are due 2 more next week. Although I agree the existing lot are not up to it, there has to be a point where Unsworth should be expected to work with what he's got as this squad size is getting out of control. It can't be healthy both financially and from a morale point of view.

After a period of time, it can't be used as an excuse any more. There are countless examples of a manager turning a club performance around with little to no signings. It's incredibly unusual for a manager to demand and expect a brand new squad to do so.

Like myself, there must be a fair bit of arse twitching going on in the boardroom. Unsworth now has a huge squad of players from which to pick a competitive 11 and is failing miserably.

We probably have the most costly backroom in the whole of the National league and maybe even League 2 and yet cannot even compete with teams from the lower end of this league where we have been out fought, out thought, and outplayed by just about every team we’ve faced so far and cannot see where the next win is coming from…..

I understand the need for forward planning but it’s the ‘here and now’ we need to concentrate on because we are dropping like a stone and unless there is a huge improvement in performance this team is in real danger of another relegation which would be absolutely catastrophic!!

Archived