Signing & Player Rumours

24 minutes ago, Sloshed Joe said:

I wanna see a front three of Fondop, Smith & Porter. That would be so good.

I never want to see Porter play for Latics again, he's a crock.
Bringing Smith in [he's not going to come, anyway] is not the answer.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Wardie said:

I never want to see Porter play for Latics again, he's a crock.
Bringing Smith in [he's not going to come, anyway] is not the answer.

I actually wanna see Fondop, Smith, Porter & Luamba as a front four, but thought people might ridicule.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Linney scored his 20th goal of the season in his 23rd appearance last night, 20 in 43 last season, got to be worth a look surely? 

I've seen him, he's very hard working and mobile with an eye for goal.

If he's over his past off the field problems he could certainly play higher. 

On 11/10/2022 at 7:33 PM, Lee Sinnott said:

I'm sure the Sheffield United player will be a decent signing but I find it a bit strange that we've signed someone on a one month loan just 24 hours after our new Head of Recruitment said, and this is a direct quote, "we don't want players just to come in for a month to get fit and then they go back"...

Another two signed on a month's loan (6 week in Clarke's case) since these comments...

It will be interesting to see who goes and who stays in January alot of loans will be up and some of them could be made permanent and quite a few will go back no doubt.

Perhaps the idea of getting a few pf them in now with the view to extend them is why these month loans are being done.

Either way I think we will be the busiest club in the National League in January.

17 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Unsworth “at the stage I want to get a settled team” also Unsworth, announces another one month loan. Jesus Christ. 

Alternatively

We get them in on short term deals now because that's all we can do now and we want to strengthen the squad now. Then make them permanent in January?

47 minutes ago, samgoafc said:

Ellis Chapman in from Cheltenham on loan, midfielder - with us till December 17 https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2022/november/17112022-ellis-chapman-signs-on-loan/

"He know how to get goals and assists" 

1 goal in 72 and that was in the pizza trophy 🙈

Talks some shite this manager, been watching him but hadn't managed to look him up on Soccerbase, presuming he will sit in like the rest of them.

21 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

"He know how to get goals and assists" 

1 goal in 72 and that was in the pizza trophy 🙈

Talks some shite this manager, been watching him but hadn't managed to look him up on Soccerbase, presuming he will sit in like the rest of them.

At 21 years of age maybe hes referring to youth games?

Results arent great but the glee from so called fans getting knives out on here is a joke 

I'm still annoyed and not in a good state of mind re: Unsworth but 'damned if you, damned if you don't' comes to mind with our mixed reactions. It's true, fans want something to improve and they want it now, so maybe he could be another piece in the 'quick-fix' jigsaw. I'm no different, btw.

I really cannot see anything other than short-term loans until January and will be more than happy if this lad, a left-footer, comes in, provides some good crosses and one of the strikers gets on the end and puts the bloody ball in the net...please, FFS, put the ball in the net!!

5 minutes ago, Wardie said:

I'm still annoyed and not in a good state of mind re: Unsworth but 'damned if you, damned if you don't' comes to mind with our mixed reactions. It's true, fans want something to improve and they want it now, so maybe he could be another piece in the 'quick-fix' jigsaw. I'm no different, btw.

I really cannot see anything other than short-term loans until January and will be more than happy if this lad, a left-footer, comes in, provides some good crosses and one of the strikers gets on the end and puts the bloody ball in the net...please, FFS, put the ball in the net!!

he's not a CM then? he best be a fuckin CM..

2 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

At 21 years of age maybe hes referring to youth games?

Results arent great but the glee from so called fans getting knives out on here is a joke 

Not getting the knives out at all, not even seen the lad play (I don't think) but if he's going to describe him when the signings made and what's said is complete bollocks then I think it's only fair to call it out given the bullshit he's spouted from day dot. Hope he comes in and does something because let's face it the likes of Maynard and Cooper or not up to it. No glee here trust me, particularly on my visits to watch the team the last couple of months.

14 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Not getting the knives out at all, not even seen the lad play (I don't think) but if he's going to describe him when the signings made and what's said is complete bollocks then I think it's only fair to call it out given the bullshit he's spouted from day dot. Hope he comes in and does something because let's face it the likes of Maynard and Cooper or not up to it. No glee here trust me, particularly on my visits to watch the team the last couple of months.

You arent the only one whos watched them fella

And Cooper and Maynard were signed by the second coming by the way 

Archived