Signing & Player Rumours

21 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Once, so obviously have to be followed up. 

In my long experience though they all have the qualities to go higher.

Edit, seen one twice who gave exactly the same high quality performance on each occasion.

I've chosen 3 from over 200 who have appeared in matches scouted so far, so one could say I've been quite selective 

Just to put you all in the picture. The priority at the moment is to sign players who can go straight into the first team.

Mine usually fall into the 'great potential' category so I don't expect movement on that score for some time.

I've been asked keep looking though.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Just to put you all in the picture. The priority at the moment is to sign players who can go straight into the first team.

Mine usually fall into the 'great potential' category so I don't expect movement on that score for some time.

Have you told the club that they will be crap for us before going on to play higher with other clubs ala Burgess?? 😉

(Im joking btw if the winky face doesnt give it a way)

In all seriousness good on you 👏 

55 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Have you told the club that they will be crap for us before going on to play higher with other clubs ala Burgess?? 😉

(Im joking btw if the winky face doesnt give it a way)

In all seriousness good on you 👏 

Left winger James Berry of Macclesfield is in my notebook, it will be interesting to see how he develops.

Reminded me of a young Chris Taylor when at his best with us.

Will also be interesting to see how young Kings Lynn centre back Adam Crowther shapes up against league opposition v Stevenage tomorrow, which is live on BBC1 at 12:45.

6 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Left winger James Berry of Macclesfield is in my notebook, it will be interesting to see how he develops.

Still remember Chris Taylors debut, almost single handedly getting Gary Megson the sack at Forest 

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Right, I'll ask. How come you're giving them names of players with potential for the future when they don't want that...? 

7 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Marvin Emnes played for Oldham today...

Jeez thats a name from the past. Just googled him, only 34 but only played 10 times in last 4 years. He’s had less action than Tope had before we signed him last season. 

10 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Right, I'll ask. How come you're giving them names of players with potential for the future when they don't want that...? 

It's the situation at the moment, you've seen the size of the squad so how many more can be added?

And as I've said players to go straight into the first team is priority.

I'll keep sending in players with potential as hopefully it will change soon.

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Will also be interesting to see how young Kings Lynn centre back Adam Crowther shapes up against league opposition v Stevenage tomorrow, which is live on BBC1 at 12:45.

Adam was a scratch junior golfer at my club. Nice lad

On 11/25/2022 at 6:45 PM, BP1960 said:

It's the situation at the moment, you've seen the size of the squad so how many more can be added?

And as I've said players to go straight into the first team is priority.

I'll keep sending in players with potential as hopefully it will change soon.

Have you asked if the club would be receptive to you looking at players for the first team or have you made the decision to look at those with potential instead, off your own back?

No malice in the question,  just curious 

12 hours ago, boyinthesnow said:

Have you asked if the club would be receptive to you looking at players for the first team or have you made the decision to look at those with potential instead, off your own back?

@BP1960 is looking at players on the club's behalf.

It was brokered by someone on here (my memories going 🤪 !) and is passing on names to the club which they may follow up.

13 hours ago, boyinthesnow said:

the club asked him, after started sniping on here, kind of like when Darren Kelly emailed him but with more weight and substance behind it (no shock now we are becoming a club with substance).

being the wisened oak which he is, l would imagine he can not help noticing players outside his current remit, which he then notes, reports and sends in.

it was silly for the club to ignore him all these years, it can not be too expensive to send him around the locale at once or twice a week on a free ticket plus fuel and a pie.

3 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

the club asked him, after started sniping on here, kind of like when Darren Kelly emailed him but with more weight and substance behind it (no shock now we are becoming a club with substance).

being the wisened oak which he is, l would imagine he can not help noticing players outside his current remit, which he then notes, reports and sends in.

it was silly for the club to ignore him all these years, it can not be too expensive to send him around the locale at once or twice a week on a free ticket plus fuel and a pie.

I usually look for players with potential, but the squad needs to be vastly reduced first. I think the young very quick prolific goal scoring left winger James Berry of Macclesfield can step up immediately and go higher, but its its a risk in the clubs current league position and I can see proven players take priority at the moment.

I just recommend players and others will make a judgement as to whether they are suitable or not. 

Of the experienced players I have passed on IMO Haughton would make a massive difference, but unlike pre-season he won't come cheap now and several  league clubs are interested.

Sometimes clubs ask scouts to find players to improve certain positions asap, and that's something I did for Notts County manager Jimmy Sirrel when he signed the fast direct winger David Thompson from Rochdale many years ago.

32 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I usually look for players with potential, but the squad needs to be vastly reduced first. I think the young very quick prolific goal scoring left winger James Berry of Macclesfield can step up immediately and go higher, but its its a risk in the clubs current league position and I can see proven players take priority at the moment.

I just recommend players and others will make a judgement as to whether they are suitable or not. 

Of the experienced players I have passed on IMO Haughton would make a massive difference, but unlike pre-season he won't come cheap now and several  league clubs are interested.

Sometimes clubs ask scouts to find players to improve certain positions asap, and that's something I did for Notts County manager Jimmy Sirrel when he signed the fast direct winger David Thompson from Rochdale many years ago.

Did you mention Colclough again @BP1960 - surprised he's still at Alty if he's been behaving himself!

16 hours ago, BP1960 said:

He's been watched.

By about 20 other clubs, meanwhile if the club would of let Shez have his way he'd of signed for us before a ball was kicked this season but the board wouldn't support him in the way they are Unsworth. 

Apparently another one EFL bound now and Stockport rumoured to be his next destination.

Archived