Signing & Player Rumours

9 minutes ago, Stanley30 said:

There is not a chance in hell we will be signing this guy, no matter how much you bang on about him. 

He's far too good for us and I guarantee some of the local league teams will also have a team of scouts who have checked him out and are waiting for January window to start moving some players out and bringing this guy in. We will be bottom of that list as are a very unattractive proposition currently. 

You will be surprised how many clubs don't use scouts nowadays, its mainly agent recommendations.

I believe we are in with a chance if the squad can be vastly reduced.

He's also playing several leagues below us and some clubs will be concerned he won't be able adapt.

Not something that's even crossed my mind.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

You will be surprised how many clubs don't use scouts nowadays, its mainly agent recommendations.

I believe we are in with a chance if the squad can be vastly reduced.

He's also playing several leagues below us and some clubs will be concerned he won't be able adapt.

Not something that's even crossed my mind.

Any update on the overseas right back BP?

10 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Any update on the overseas right back BP?

He's a 20yo 6ft 4" Australian centre back from Perth living presently with friends in Manchester and the club have his details. However, there's since been an approach from a respected Scottish club so we will have to see what happens there.

The right back is playing in Wales, very highly recommended, but I've not had the chance to see him yet.

24 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Ah right, don’t know much about him

mega winger. saw a stat before Xmas on 'most succesful dribbles' in the divsion he was top with (l think) 147 the next person had (defo) 90.

not glaring area we can all see needs sorting out but lm not complaining.

there has been a lot of successful dribbling this Xmas.

40 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

mega winger. saw a stat before Xmas on 'most succesful dribbles' in the divsion he was top with (l think) 147 the next person had (defo) 90.

😂😂

We are not seen in a great light are we. They are going to be very upset tomorrow hate us even more.

Taken from the altrincham forum...

Some Oldham supporters are convinced that they have signed Colclough:

Let's hope he doesn't but if he does hopefully they will pay a very large amount although it would be undisclosed
« Last Edit: Today at 07:18:50 PM by Timperley The Best »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
swindellsworth
Reserve Team

Re: Halifax (h) match thread
« Reply #36 on: Today at 07:24:37 PM »

Noting that the perpetrator of this story calls himself Lee Sinnott it looks more than a wee bit dodgy . Why on earth would he go there  Surely he would only move upwards.

Steve from Sale
Regular First Team

« Reply #37 on: Today at 07:38:51 PM »

That's the biggest load of Tosh I have ever heard in my life.

Why would Colclough go to Oldham? A team struggling near the bottom, with poor management and disillusioned fans. When he is loved at our place. Despite the size of the club, the whole ethos seems to be wrong there. The Oldham fans sound pretty deluded there too, and somewhat desperate that they have to try and de-stabilize our club.

Any money that Dan Mooney has some regrets about going to Southend, hopefully Ryan and others will learn from that experience.

The grass ain't always greener on the other side. Our club is building from strength to strength, why would any player throw that away now?

23 minutes ago, kev1970 said:
We are not seen in a great light are we. They are going to be very upset tomorrow hate us even more.

Taken from the altrincham forum...

Some Oldham supporters are convinced that they have signed Colclough:

Let's hope he doesn't but if he does hopefully they will pay a very large amount although it would be undisclosed
« Last Edit: Today at 07:18:50 PM by Timperley The Best »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
swindellsworth
Reserve Team

« Reply #36 on: Today at 07:24:37 PM »

Noting that the perpetrator of this story calls himself Lee Sinnott it looks more than a wee bit dodgy . Why on earth would he go there  Surely he would only move upwards.

Steve from Sale
Regular First Team

« Reply #37 on: Today at 07:38:51 PM »

That's the biggest load of Tosh I have ever heard in my life.

Why would Colclough go to Oldham? A team struggling near the bottom, with poor management and disillusioned fans. When he is loved at our place. Despite the size of the club, the whole ethos seems to be wrong there. The Oldham fans sound pretty deluded there too, and somewhat desperate that they have to try and de-stabilize our club.

Any money that Dan Mooney has some regrets about going to Southend, hopefully Ryan and others will learn from that experience.

The grass ain't always greener on the other side. Our club is building from strength to strength, why would any player throw that away now?

Jesus, what has it come to when Altrincham fans see us as a side ways/ downward step...

7 hours ago, Lags said:

Jesus, what has it come to when Altrincham fans see us as a side ways/ downward step...

It's outrageous to think they'd of been cleaning our player's boots at one stage and you could fit their ground in ours and it would still rattle.

Ofcourse, they're completely right on all counts 

18 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

so he will be played at cm by this clown 

13 hours ago, Lags said:

With clubs like Accrington, Forest Green, Fleetwood, Morecambe, Wycombe, Barrow, Harrogate, Burton, Salford and Stevenage established in L1 and L2, why wouldn’t you. They can view themselves as an upwardly mobile club, with cloth cut correctly and the right management on board. We, and most other former football league mainstays can’t.

52 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Abraham has extended to end of season 

I had a dream, 

Reid and Nuttall up front, Colclough and Berry wide, Abrahams and Haughton behind the front 2.

We won 8-0, alas it was a pipe dream.😆

Archived