BPAS PODCAST: 17th Oct '22, S3:E11: The Deva, Samantha Mumba

We haven't exited the FA Cup in the 4th Qualifying round since 1905/06. We've got to travel to the Deva Stadium on Tuesday to try to avoid the ignominy again. We discuss the performance and round up the week's news.

To support the pod by paying a monthly subscription of just £2.99 via this link https://anchor.fm/bp-alert/subscribe. All the regular episodes will remain free to everyone. You can now also listen to the Latics Football Phone In as a podcast every Thursday morning from 7am.

You can also support us by visiting https://www.oafcpodcast.co.uk, subscribing to our mailing list and purchasing from our online shop.

Follow the show on Twitter, Instagram & Facebook @oafcpodcast. Please subscribe to our YouTube channel here

Download and listen to the podcast via the FanHub app, where content creators and fans alike are rewarded for getting involved #ctg.

You can find out more about Push The Boundary by visiting them at www.pushtheboundary.co.uk and following on Twitter @PTB_OAFC. Find out more about OASF at www.oasf.co.uk where you can also donate to the 1895 Fund.

Title music is by Manchester DJ and producer Starion find out more at www.redlaserrecords.bandcamp.com

• Matt featured this topic
3 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

[the] BPAS Making Mondays better since 2020*

*l dont know when you actually started, l was late on board wasnt l, but that seems about right?

Quickly Kevin podcast comes out on a Monday, too. Purposely work from home and avoid speaking to people.

Enjoyed that. The references to the Lancashire Combination took me back ; when I was a kid and Blackpool were away I used to bunk over the wall to watch Fleetwood home games in that League. Teams like Marine, Goole Town, Gainsborough Trinity, Workington, Skelmersdale United, South Liverpool - I've seen them all.

I think you have done pretty well to get seven candidates in the elections ; I wish we'd managed that many. They will certainly be kept busy, by the sounds of it.

Edited by basilrobbie

17 minutes ago, basilrobbie said:

Enjoyed that. The references to the Lancashire Combination took me back ; when I was a kid and Blackpool were away I used to bunk over the wall to watch Fleetwood home games in that League. Teams like Marine, Goole Town, Gainsborough Trinity, Workington, Skelmersdale United, South Liverpool - I've seen them all.

I think you have done pretty well to get seven candidates in the elections ; I wish we'd managed that many. They will certainly be kept busy, by the sounds of it.

Goole and Gainsborough were in the Lancashire Combination?

6 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I THINK so Dave. It may have been the Northern Premier League by then ; it was a very long time ago.

I saw my biggest score one of those games when I saw Fleetwood beat Skem 11-0. They had a right wing called Derek Armstrong who got five.  

1 hour ago, basilrobbie said:

1 hour ago, basilrobbie said:

3 were co-opted already. Dom, Paul and Darren

2 were part of Stadium Parc 32 think tank which are Mick and Maurice.

I don't recognise the other 2.

Be intersting to read their statements.

14 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Initially I was desperate to keep the LaticsMind crown. As time has gone on, I'm hoping someone can knock me off my perch.

Nothing says "never kissed a girl" quite like being on top of that leaderboard...

Bloody sight better than being bottom of it!!

14 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Initially I was desperate to keep the LaticsMind crown. As time has gone on, I'm hoping someone can knock me off my perch.

Nothing says "never kissed a girl" quite like being on top of that leaderboard...

Think O'Dea may have been your biggest challenger. His questions were rotten. I'd have equalled 7 had I had the questions a few weeks ago (when The Clayton Arms was one of the answers). 

I'll settle for mid-table mediocrity. Probably a good metaphor for my life.

I mean no one’s doubting the owners investment.

No one’s doubting the structure they’re setting in place will be a good thing (if they get the right personnel in!).

No one (sensible) is demanding promotion.

What isn’t unreasonable - even at this early stage - is expecting an iota of improvement under our new manager. He could play two up front with the players he’s had available. He could try Vaughan. He could try four at the back and, as I say, fitness didn’t appear to be an issue when we were winning against Aldershot and Eastleigh. There doesn’t even seem to have been a resurgence in desire from the players to impress him. If his team set up is going to be what he’s been playing - even with new players brought in - I think it’s going to be pretty dull to watch and possibly even  unsuccessful.

Don’t think there’s any harm in @‘ing players with positive vibes on Twitter if that floats your boat, but negative stuff isn’t going to do them any good.

Good luck at the awards - it would be well deserved.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Latics reserves played in the Lancashire combination, I remember them playing at Ashton United when a young centre forward called Derek Spence looked very good for us.

19 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Latics reserves played in the Lancashire combination, I remember them playing at Ashton United when a young centre forward called Derek Spence looked very good for us.

We were the last ever winners of its second division