MATCH: vs Chester (A) 18/10/22 FA Cup 4th Rd Qual REPLAY 🏆

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were the better team for the first hour against Wrexham. They 'leek' goals at times. This is their cup final (they're actually playing against a much bigger club), but we should still put it up 'em. Tickets will be like rocking horse shit. Perhaps they should move the game to a much bigger ground...like Tranmere or Crewe...

I'm delirious, I need to lie down, I'll regret this in the morning...

3 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Well we might've scraped it, but our opponents this coming Saturday have just lost 1-0 away at Taunton.  Unsworth can't ask for a better chance for a first league win.

I never stick my neck out but I feel it may be coming.
Let's not have any more silly tactics.

I'm on my third whisky, as my nerves are shredded, so I may change my mind before Staurday.

3 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

We were the better team for the first hour against Wrexham. They 'leek' goals at times. This is their cup final (they're actually playing against a much bigger club), but we should still put it up 'em. Tickets will be like rocking horse shit. Perhaps they should move the game to a much bigger ground...like Tranmere or Crewe...

I've seen table topping teams go out of the cup early with their minds on promotion as priority.

Just now, BP1960 said:

I've seen table topping teams go out of the cup early with their minds on promotion as priority.

I've seen clubs have their whole heart ripped out by a last minute equaliser in the FA Cup too BP, and also managers / clubs turning it round with late cup equalisers

I am delighted we have dodged a bullet and gone through, no matter how deserved or not, will take any positive at the moment. 

Wrexham away is not one that you would have chosen but its a bit of a free hit for us now, no one expecting us to beat a club financed by moneybags, just hope this turns out to be a turning point for OAFC     

8 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

dont think they can restrict us to 1200 in the FA Cup either 

1 minute ago, Monty Burns said:

dont think they can restrict us to 1200 in the FA Cup either 

Need to provide 15% of capacity (currently 10,500) which means they need to give us 1575.

However, based on police advice and other segregation issues, which thanks to the shenanigans a few weeks ago are definitely going to be in play this can be reduced. So I think we will probably only get 1200 still. 

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

didnt somebody on here's dad run on the pitch once and save the life of somebody who had swallowed their tongue?

Hero.

1 hour ago, disjointed said:

Think that was rudemedic, his dad used to be the club doctor. 

Yes that’s me (or more accurately my Dad), he did it twice. Once when he was actually the club doctor for the game (Dr Kelso was unavailable) and I think Tony Henry was he player (before my time).

The second time he ran on from the seats “dragging” Dr Kelso with him (we were in the old executive boxes between the main stand paddock and the the main stand upper). He had spotted the physio had put his bag too far away too reach it and keep the player from swallowing his tongue - Liversedge our physio got there first but he had a head start on my Dad. 

You might not think he was a hero when I tell you the player was…

Andy Payton.

If we look at it on the positive side, regardless of playing a team a division below, we've had the dip again after going 1-0 up but then seemingly kept going and got something out of a game late on after we would usually fade away completely

Might not have been pretty but it can be a massive confidence boost for the team and with a game we have a good chance in coming up on Saturday it's a chance to move forward

If we avoid some of the negativity over the next few days and just try and get everyone behind the team for these 2 games, we could be in a much better position after Altrincham

12 minutes ago, St92 said:

If we look at it on the positive side, regardless of playing a team a division below, we've had the dip again after going 1-0 up but then seemingly kept going and got something out of a game late on after we would usually fade away completely

Might not have been pretty but it can be a massive confidence boost for the team and with a game we have a good chance in coming up on Saturday it's a chance to move forward

If we avoid some of the negativity over the next few days and just try and get everyone behind the team for these 2 games, we could be in a much better position after Altrincham

Still not won a game in normal time. Similar to Pawel's law.

1 hour ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

We've had a spate of this, since they injected us with whatever???

Comes in on a long run…

(feel free to ignore this as I’m only repeating what I said when a similar incident happened against Rochdale in January when someone collapsed in the main stand.)

IIRC there’s been 5 similar incidents at Oldham games in the last 10 years. 

Unfortunately people can develop cardiac events at any point and any time.

There are more than 30,000 out-of-hospital cardiac arrests in the UK each year. That’s the equivalent of 1 every 17.5 minutes. Given the numbers of people who watch the Premier League and EFL every weekend, the maths indicates that someone having a cardiac arrest at a professional football match each week is actually quite likely.

Whats happening now is games are being stopped, and so it gets reported to a level whereby people not interested in the game hear about it. Thankfully the advances in requirements and overall general knowledge of the public means more are surviving. 

Hopefully the person involved in todays incident makes a good recovery. 

This article from January summarises the actual facts and percentages about it (as it’s from the independent I’ve included the 12ft ladder proxy addition too - mods feel free to delete link if doing so is against site rules). 

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.independent.co.uk%2Fsport%2Ffootball%2Ffans-medical-emergeny-stadiums-fulham-b2004017.html

If you want to do something to help learn CPR - the Resus council have a decent app that provides some scenario based learning. https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/lifesaver-mobile/id633999639 

PS I never properly thanked you @BP1960for flagging this after the Rochdale game and now seems appropriate so thanks. 

Just back after leaving 20 seconds before Fondop equalised and only getting back in when the whistle went and some fans nipped outside for a cig.

I don’t know where to start and should probably get to bed but main points are:

John Rooney is a joke of a man. Shit out of a tackle with someone smaller than him and it led to their second. He was slagged off all game by the Chester fans and still couldn’t raise his game. Half arsed the whole time, I’m assuming it’s because he’s shocked at the standard of football we’re playing.

Dan Gardner is a shadow of the player he was last time around but he still looks injured/is massively unfit and never sprinted once. 

Cooper is one of the worst players I’ve ever seen and should not be ahead of Vaughan in the pecking order.

13 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Just back after leaving 20 seconds before Fondop equalised and only getting back in when the whistle went and some fans nipped outside for a cig.

I don’t know where to start and should probably get to bed but main points are:

John Rooney is a joke of a man. Shit out of a tackle with someone smaller than him and it led to their second. He was slagged off all game by the Chester fans and still couldn’t raise his game. Half arsed the whole time, I’m assuming it’s because he’s shocked at the standard of football we’re playing.

Dan Gardner is a shadow of the player he was last time around but he still looks injured/is massively unfit and never sprinted once. 

Cooper is one of the worst players I’ve ever seen and should not be ahead of Vaughan in the pecking order.

l miss you shouting at me on the pitch yano 

Well that ended up a good night out.

I thought we played OK first half and deserved our lead. Second half started to sit deeper and deeper and punished again as per last Saturday. It is not playing 8 at the back as some have said-it is just there is no outlet up front so we get pushed further and further back and it compresses the team. Better players will change this.

Lost all shape after they went ahead and scored by just humping the ball forward and for once it paid off.

Can we just put this fitness thing to bed-there is nothing wrong with their fitness now, players kept going thru 120 mins-I think Gardner was the only one who showed any signs of cramp late on.

Just accept it is a poor squad and that dictates the tactics. Hopefully it will be improved.

Maynard ain't as good as he thinks he is.

Rooney-brings nothing to the team.

Cooper-just meh

Vaughan-see his own thread.

On the plus side Fondop looks fit and won most of his battles tonight. Scored the equaliser and missed his pen.

Okagbue had a good game-great penalty.

Tollitt scored a great goal and played OK.

Thanks to @LightDN123again.

Archived