National League Thread

40 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Reckon the plod have had a say on that as I'm sure they will if the game at Spotland gets picked for TV I'd expect that to be a 12:30pm game too.

With all the other tv games having been shifted to 5.30pm,  without doubt they have had their say.

The home club/local boozers will be the ones to miss out on matchday attendance/revenue as the NL TV revenue is miniscule in comparison.

Be interesting to see what our allocation will be, they've been selling season tickets in one half of the traditional away end, some saying it's only 800 which I'm not sure they will get away with, what did we take last season when we were flagging? Was it about 2k?

8 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Be interesting to see what our allocation will be, they've been selling season tickets in one half of the traditional away end, some saying it's only 800 which I'm not sure they will get away with, what did we take last season when we were flagging? Was it about 2k?

1200 last season

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Reckon the plod have had a say on that as I'm sure they will if the game at Spotland gets picked for TV I'd expect that to be a 12:30pm game too.

1 hour ago, chickenbaltipie said:

With all the other tv games having been shifted to 5.30pm,  without doubt they have had their say.

The home club/local boozers will be the ones to miss out on matchday attendance/revenue as the NL TV revenue is miniscule in comparison.

Or it could be because the traditional Saturday lunchtime kick-off in the Prem is not scheduled, most of which were on BT sport last year. Instead there's an 8pm KO for Citeh v Newcastle that weekend.

I think Derbyshire 5-0 will be happy that Oldham's visit to Chesterfield is a 12.30 pm KO though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Or it could be because the traditional Saturday lunchtime kick-off in the Prem is not scheduled, most of which were on BT sport last year. Instead there's an 8pm KO for Citeh v Newcastle that weekend.

I think Derbyshire 5-0 will be happy that Oldham's visit to Chesterfield is a 12.30 pm KO though.

Plymouth vs Saints - Bolton vs Wigan both KO that day at 12.30.

8 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Spoons for breakfast in Manchester, I'm sure a few of the Chesterfield pubs will be open early as well, just a quick phone call to check, although I do believe this sort of info is readily available on the internet. 

On 7/13/2023 at 3:26 PM, yarddog73 said:

Just checked their website. Their fans cannot buy match tickets in the whole of the North Stand (their traditional away end) and 2 blocks of the east stand nearest the North stand.

For Chesterfield’s home game v Dorking half the North Stand and all of the East Stand are available.

Think their season ticket holders in the North Stand are getting moved and we are having* the whole North Stand and the 2 blocks of their East Stand based on that. 

* - Would require us to sell enough tickets I would think but I can’t see that being a problem.

3 hours ago, diggleblue said:

Just like Bury just wait for it all to go tits up.

For their sake I hope you're wrong but it's a weird business model for sure. I don't understand what their motivation/interest is either.

bet365's top goalscorer market opening three are

Will Grigg 6/1

Mike Fondop-Tallum 14/1

Joe Nuttall 16/1

notable others Alex Reid 33/1 Hallum Hope 40/1 kurt Willoughby 40/1 Junior Luamba (🙄) 66/1

not to encourage gambling but Reid and Willoughby e/w is excellent odds and l expect them to change (took three weeks last time l said that, l think)

10 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

bet365's top goalscorer market opening three are

Will Grigg 6/1

Mike Fondop-Tallum 14/1

Joe Nuttall 16/1

notable others Alex Reid 33/1 Hallum Hope 40/1 kurt Willoughby 40/1 Junior Luamba (🙄) 66/1

not to encourage gambling but Reid and Willoughby e/w is excellent odds and l expect them to change (took three weeks last time l said that, l think)

At 40-1 Willoughby looks a shout it could well be once he gets going he takes some stopping.

I've said before and still believe it our leading marksman whoever that is will outscore Grigg.

Edited by GlossopLatic

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Another attempted clamp down;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66359526

ft..

see how it goes, but when Pep and Jurgen are revered as Heroes youre goin nowhere with anything like this, however overdue it is.

the answer is audio like in top level rugby, but matches wouldn't be broadcastable at any level so it won't happen.

On 7/26/2023 at 5:34 PM, GlossopLatic said:

At 40-1 Willoughby looks a shout it could well be once he gets going he takes some stopping.

I've said before and still believe it our leading marksman whoever that is will outscore Grigg.

l forgot l even posted that until l came here to read the above.

lets just highlight the fact that a national bookies who makes billionssssss out of several types of person reckon suchahuman is third best chance out of thousands of humans to get the most goaltype thingies in the game he plays.

a number of those suchahumans are fans of that club and they openly mock and attempt to harm this guy in the only way they can when he does his gamey thing. and in their spare time they spell none fungible bile about him.

theres this song by The Doors yano..

Edited by Monty Burns
read not post

2 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

ft..

see how it goes, but when Pep and Jurgen are revered as Heroes youre goin nowhere with anything like this, however overdue it is.

the answer is audio like in top level rugby, but matches wouldn't be broadcastable at any level so it won't happen.

One day refs will wear body censors which will automatically trigger a yellow or red card of players within a yard of them and foul language picked up. 

This card results will be flashed on to a big screen.😆

Only joking...it couldn't happen could it?🤔

9 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

One day refs will wear body censors which will automatically trigger a yellow or red card of players within a yard of them and foul language picked up. 

lve spoken of robot referees to come, but that doesn't fit with the world having a firey apocolypse which l also tout. meaning future predictions can be profitable or useful, but you need to do some sifting.

attempting to censor bad language now in a globalised society is futile, especially in an industry that hoovers its best from the lower and/or less priveleged classes of society.

ps PTTP ✊🏿

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

The first steps are underway:

A new bodycam trial, which is the first of its kind in the world, will take place in England after permission was granted by the International Football Association Board [IFAB], who oversee the laws of the game.

The aim of the trial is to explore whether the use of bodycams improves participant behaviour and respect towards referees in the grassroots game.

• Like 1