National League Thread

I wouldn't discount Barnet from competing for the title. Just signed Zak Brunt who was on loan at Boreham Wood. I thought he ran the show when we played them at home and impressed me during the play-offs from what I saw. Decent player. Reece Hall-Johnson's also a solid addition at right back. They look stronger than last season for me.

58 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

@longtimeblue l hear you bumped into my son and he expressed 'winning division 5 is not an achievement' type sentiments?

l have to say l disagree with him (mostly) and also that l have no idea where he gets such Aussie style arrogance towards Sport 🤣🤣🤣🤣

His enthusiasm rubbed off on me pal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Chesterfield have had Jordan Ibe training with them. He's now left. He's still only 27. Probably just helping get his fitness levels up. Wasn't he a winger-come-RB?

that would be decent. sometimes see a bit of a bleed between Libpool and Everton so possibly there is a personal connection.

might be more likely a club higher up the league is going to show some faith in him..

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

that would be decent. sometimes see a bit of a bleed between Libpool and Everton so possibly there is a personal connection.

might be more likely a club higher up the league is going to show some faith in him..

Featured on here a few pages back. Someone suggested he'd had significant mental health issues.

13 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Featured on here a few pages back. Someone suggested he'd had significant mental health issues.

he has had issues yes. l would certainly like to be the club who benefits from helping give him his life back.

if he wants it back, of course.

6 minutes ago, Boyyou said:

Tyler Cordner Aldershot to York (reportedly a substantial  fee) looks a bit of good business for the Minstermen, but I still prefer Raglan and Hobson on frees.

6 minutes ago, Boyyou said:

Tyler Cordner Aldershot to York (reportedly a substantial  fee) looks a bit of good business for the Minstermen, but I still prefer Raglan and Hobson on frees.

https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/23640800.york-city-make-statement-signing-defender-tyler-cordner/

22 minutes ago, Boyyou said:

Talk of York also after a striker. Dallas, or something like that! 

Where have I heard that name before🤣

Dallas I suspect is signed up somewhere already and I think we will find out where on the 23rd July the day after he turns 24, favourites would be Chrsterfield and i suspect ourselves, good news is Chesterfield have signed Bonne who would be a similar player so I'd say we are still in with some sort of chance given the Chesterfield rag claimed it was between us and them. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Dallas I suspect is signed up somewhere already and I think we will find out where on the 23rd July the day after he turns 24, favourites would be Chrsterfield and i suspect ourselves, good news is Chesterfield have signed Bonne who would be a similar player so I'd say we are still in with some sort of chance given the Chesterfield rag claimed it was between us and them. 

Excuse my ignorance Yardog. What does age 24 have to do with it?

Am intrigued now cos DU did hint we might have to wait 2 or 3 weeks for one of the signings.

3 minutes ago, Boyyou said:

Excuse my ignorance Yardog. What does age 24 have to do with it?

Am intrigued now cos DU did hint we might have to wait 2 or 3 weeks for one of the signings.

2 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

No development fee to be paid 😃

Don't think that matters as he was 23 on 30/06/23 or 01/07/23. The rule is "Compensation is payable until the end of the season of the player’s 23rd birthday." But that's for international transfers.

That was 30/06/23 as Dallas turned 23 on 23/07/22, which is now last season.

No-one could sign him without paying the fee until last weekend. It may well be that a Scottish team, remember Dallas is Scottish, or a team from elsewhere in Europe can sign him without paying the development fee. But us and Chesterfield and whoever else is interested in England need to pay the fee.

Can see him returning to Scotland.