National League Thread

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

The whole situation makes no sense at all, why would he deprive himself of a pre season if it wasn't for anything else other than to protect his position? 

Perhaps he is enjoying a pre season somewhere we don't know about 

20 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Dallas can gtf if he is a mercenary. I honestly don't know if he is decent or not, I remember Bradford had a player called Dallas a few years back. 

I really don't get comments like this.

He is only doing what is best for himself and family-just like you, me and everybody else would do.

Only in very rare cases do players have some 'connection' with a club and want to play for that club for other than financial reasons be it length of contract or £sd.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

I really don't get comments like this.

He is only doing what is best for himself and family-just like you, me and everybody else would do.

Only in very rare cases do players have some 'connection' with a club and want to play for that club for other than financial reasons be it length of contract or £sd.

More to the point we have absolutely no idea what conversations are going on at all what his decision is based upon or even if we are in the frame to sign him. We are forming opinions based on 3rd hand info and wild social media speculation.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, disjointed said:

Dallas can gtf if he is a mercenary. I honestly don't know if he is decent or not, I remember Bradford had a player called Dallas a few years back. 

He could be a red-herring. It's all been conjecture and rumour.

11 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Callum Howe another one off to York, doing some decent business they are. Along with Cordner that's decent additions for them today.

They could well be dark horses under new owners, they seemed in a poor way at the end of last season. I note in the comments that’s their talk of paying £100k for Cordner. 
https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/23642175.york-city-snap-solihull-captain-callum-howe-undisclosed-fee/

23 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

They could well be dark horses under new owners, they seemed in a poor way at the end of last season. I note in the comments that’s their talk of paying £100k for Cordner. 
https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/23642175.york-city-snap-solihull-captain-callum-howe-undisclosed-fee/

I saw it reported as a 'six figure release clause '

Any success york achieve this year is built on quicksand. Buying players for fun to build a development squad, but the new owners, the uggla family have history with yeovil and they come with a stark warning from yeovil fans. 

Rumours of uggla bringing in his own players and getting too involved with the team, plus spending beyond their income streams, id be a little nervous if i was a york fan

6 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

Big chance we won't have a fixture on Matchday 1. Very sad to see. 

https://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/23644975.southend-united-facing-biggest-days-history

Awful, hope they can pull through this. We, ourselves know all too well about this situation, and I wouldn’t wish it on any club. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Dogdale sign 30odd year old local, ex-donny midfielder who've legs have gone.

No, not Dan Gardner, Adam Clayton!

Not a bad signing for them on paper to be fair.

Adam Clayton? Hasn’t he lost his Edge?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

anyone know what happens if they are (sadly) thrown out of the NL? Is there a replacement promoted from NLN or NLS?

As the fixtures have been released and there is no obvious replacement I think there are only 23 teams in this division and only 3 relegation spots.

Essentially Bury's situation from a few years ago but without the season starting before the club went bust.

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

As the fixtures have been released and there is no obvious replacement I think there are only 23 teams in this division and only 3 relegation spots.

Essentially Bury's situation from a few years ago but without the season starting before the club went bust.

And it seems the pitch is unplayable.