National League Thread

2 hours ago, redlion said:

Yeah I agree about the steak pie but at the last game I sat behind a woman who had a meat & spud pie and the aroma (of the pie) was quite appealing so I'm going to try one on Saturday. I just hope it's hot. Is anyone familiar with the pies at the Village Manor Bakery in Waterhead ? These are the standard of pies that should be on sale at BP, especially for a club with ambitions. Take note Frank. 😋

My local and go to cafe. Queuing out of the door from opening to closing, says it all about their food. 

• Like 2

So what's the odds of Torquay beating Wrexham 6 - 0 with a Stobbs first half hat-trick followed by a Stobbs second half hat-trick and Gateshead beating Maidenhead 6 - 0 to save Torquay's season and Stobbs being awarded the freedom of Torquay.

1 hour ago, redlion said:

So what's the odds of Torquay beating Wrexham 6 - 0 with a Stobbs first half hat-trick followed by a Stobbs second half hat-trick and Gateshead beating Maidenhead 6 - 0 to save Torquay's season and Stobbs being awarded the freedom of Torquay.

Bout the same odds of me shagging Holly Willoughby after the match 

1 minute ago, daniel said:

AFC Fylde promoted. Was a decent away day in pre-season.

Relegated are Torquay, Maidstone, yeovil and Scunthorpe. Do 2 go into nln and 2 into nls, or do they shuffle the divisions to make them a more even north south split? If Yeovil have to go into nln that's a hell of a lot of travelling for a part time side. 

17 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Relegated are Torquay, Maidstone, yeovil and Scunthorpe. Do 2 go into nln and 2 into nls, or do they shuffle the divisions to make them a more even north south split? If Yeovil have to go into nln that's a hell of a lot of travelling for a part time side. 

They shuffle the divisions. It's almost always just the 22 furthest north/south. I'm hoping that Bishop's Stortford, who have been promoted, don't go into the North but it will be a close call. They've been there before and it almost broke the club. Lost loads of players and sponsors and hardly got any away fans. They had a Tuesday night away game at Blyth Spartans!

19 minutes ago, disjointed said:

It's the later they shuffle the divisions so the furthest North side goes into the Northern section

57 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

They shuffle the divisions. It's almost always just the 22 furthest north/south. I'm hoping that Bishop's Stortford, who have been promoted, don't go into the North but it will be a close call. They've been there before and it almost broke the club. Lost loads of players and sponsors and hardly got any away fans. They had a Tuesday night away game at Blyth Spartans!

Might seem like a daft idea this, but perhaps only 3 relegation places and 3 winners only promoted from a nln nls and nl central. But the flip side is no play offs from these 3 divisions. There has to be some better way if its going to break clubs. 

3 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Might seem like a daft idea this, but perhaps only 3 relegation places and 3 winners only promoted from a nln nls and nl central. But the flip side is no play offs from these 3 divisions. There has to be some better way if its going to break clubs. 

Still going to be a problem if three sides from the same region get relegated from the NL.  I guess the worst that could happen is a team moves from South to Central or Central to North etc.  Other question is whether the gap in quality becomes too great as three divisions will inevitably dilute quality

Just now, Dave_Og said:

Still going to be a problem if three sides from the same region get relegated from the NL.  I guess the worst that could happen is a team moves from South to Central or Central to North etc.  Other question is whether the gap in quality becomes too great as three divisions will inevitably dilute quality

No easy solution, but making part time teams travel 200 miles for a midweek game is not the answer. 

4 minutes ago, disjointed said:

No easy solution, but making part time teams travel 200 miles for a midweek game is not the answer. 

Indeed not.  The big surprise is that a club as far south as Stortford got punted north.  When it happened it was at very short notice and as a result if Rushden going pop.  Until then they were looking upwards - had been in play offs to go to NL - but they really struggled after that and went down eventually.  It's taken a while to get back but they won their league this year after missing out in the play offs last season - breath is being held for the N/S decision which won't happen until the various promotion and relegation issues are settled.  May be determined by whether Oxford City (top scorer ex-Latic, Josh Parker) go up to NL 

15 hours ago, disjointed said:

would still happen tho!!

2 hours ago, Red Adair said:

Well people, that’s me gone.  At least until you join us in the EFL.

Hopefully sooner rather than later. Good luck next season. 

You have far too much time on your hands to be posting on another clubs forum, the mind boggles. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ceskylatic said:

Southend have been served another winding-up petition by HMRC. They’re due to appear in the High Court on the 17th May.

I thought I'd read that they are also heavily in debt after borrowing to pay off HMRC previously.