National League Thread

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

This probably isn't a popular opinion, but I think the Wrexham owners always come across really well...

Me too, they just seem to get it, and understand the game and what it means to the fans. Lets be honest, we’d love it if it was us in that position. 

12 hours ago, daniel said:

Me too, they just seem to get it, and understand the game and what it means to the fans. Lets be honest, we’d love it if it was us in that position. 

If they stick with the club long-term, don't do anything silly and continue to come across as genuinely committed and responsible owners, then good luck to them.

There's stuff I don't like about the Wrexham story - the high wages, the shithousery/diving etc. But ultimately they're a fan base who's gone through awful times for a long time. So when you see some of the videos of them celebrating it's hard not to feel happy for them and to feel that as fans they've earned the right to some success. They're a proper traditional club with a proper history and Reynolds and McElhenny do come across as genuinely invested in it all.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

There's stuff I don't like about the Wrexham story - the high wages, the shithousery/diving etc. But ultimately they're a fan base who's gone through awful times for a long time. So when you see some of the videos of them celebrating it's hard not to feel happy for them and to feel that as fans they've earned the right to some success. They're a proper traditional club with a proper history and Reynolds and McElhenny do come across as genuinely invested in it all.

Exactly how I see it. Just gutted it wasn't us as the story would've resonated as well (if not better) to the general public (town decline, previous Premier League club etc etc). 

At least they are a proper club and it isn't Salford or Fylde etc. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, longtimeblue said:

Exactly how I see it. Just gutted it wasn't us as the story would've resonated as well (if not better) to the general public (town decline, previous Premier League club etc etc). 

At least they are a proper club and it isn't Salford or Fylde etc. 

they looked at pretty much everybody from lower L1 downwards. l think what swung it for Wrexham is their age and the ground being the oldest.

14 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

they looked at pretty much everybody from lower L1 downwards. l think what swung it for Wrexham is their age and the ground being the oldest.

They wanted Hartlepool originally but the owner didn’t want to meet them because the identity of R&R wasn’t disclosed at the time.

7 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Any comments on our up turn in form? 3rd since Christmas. 

It’s looking good. The only games i’ve watched recently (remotely) are Wrexham and Southend - but for the first time in a very long time I may have a bit of optimism before the start of a Latics season.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

They wanted Hartlepool originally but the owner didn’t want to meet them because the identity of R&R wasn’t disclosed at the time.

unlucky!!

Rather have Frank anyway proper Oldhamer. an industry man who has single handedly swung (most) of the council from fighting us to liking us just because he actually does things proper. you just know all his stuff is in order and always has been by the respect he garners even tho he is mad as a box of frogs.

8 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

unlucky!!

Rather have Frank anyway proper Oldhamer. an industry man who has single handedly swung (most) of the council from fighting us to liking us just because he actually does things proper. you just know all his stuff is in order and always has been by the respect he garners even tho he is mad as a box of frogs.

Exactly. Can't usually read/understand your posts never mind agree but give me an owner who has rowed across the Atlantic every time rather than a drama queen actor.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, redlion said:

Exactly. Can't usually read/understand your posts never mind agree but give me an owner who has rowed across the Atlantic every time rather than a drama queen actor.

lm trying to slow down and make a bit of sense it must be working!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

It’s looking good. The only games i’ve watched recently (remotely) are Wrexham and Southend - but for the first time in a very long time I may have a bit of optimism before the start of a Latics season.

I'd book a doctors appointment asap if I were you !  😉 👍

Credit to Reynolds and Mcelhenney they have done it properly. They have got proper football people to run it while they have used their own status to open doors for them such as this Summers tour to America facing United and Chelsea. Plus Wrexham fans have had some bad experiences with owners so I won't begrudge them this success at all.

I think the big thing is though Im not looking on at Wrexham despondently thinking that another club is sailing past us. I'm looking at it and thinking that's us in 12 months time. We probably won't get the media attention we will have just as bigger party. We have our shit together and we are going forward.

ALL ABOARD!

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

It’s the American “supporters” that grate. 
Support one of your own teams and stop wearing Wrexham kit and saying  “Go Dragons “. 🤬

But a lot of what they've bought into is the prospect of going through the divisions which just isn't part of US sport

18 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

But a lot of what they've bought into is the prospect of going through the divisions which just isn't part of US sport

US sport is like the rest of the place - bizarre

drafts in the NFL for players and leagues, a World Series in baseball where they’re the only country in it, ice hockey which is just an excuse to smash seven bells out of each other and men’s netball

strange place 

44 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

on record saying its the underlying reason and basically the only reason he did it. not sure which. they all look the same to me.

On 4/23/2023 at 3:09 PM, BP1960 said:

If you bothered to look, you'd have seen I posted it soon after the result.

Trying to be clever though, which I don't need after losing my brother this week.

On 4/23/2023 at 6:09 PM, BP1960 said:

Not in the mood for him, best if I stay away from here for a while.

Sorry for your loss but stop taking EVERYTHING personally

Trying to be clever though, which I don't need after losing my brother this week.

Sorry for your loss. Stop taking EVERYTHING personally though.

Sorry for your loss. Stop taking EVERYTHING personally though.