National League Thread

When we gonna get over the line in this bid to stay up? Thought it would be done and dusted games ago, but the pack around us keep pulling out big results.

Bottom 2 have gone.  Yeovil’s form is minging, so no chance they’re matching our tally. Torquay are the only slight danger to us. The 8 point gap should be insurmountable. But they’ve won 3 on the spin and got 10 points from their last 5 games.

Cant see Torquay repeating that form in the final 5 games. And even if they do, a couple more points for us still keeps our head above water. Plus there’s Aldershot & Dorking in-between us.

We’re safe, aren’t we? Aren’t we…?

8 hours ago, Sloshed Joe said:

When we gonna get over the line in this bid to stay up? Thought it would be done and dusted games ago, but the pack around us keep pulling out big results.

Bottom 2 have gone.  Yeovil’s form is minging, so no chance they’re matching our tally. Torquay are the only slight danger to us. The 8 point gap should be insurmountable. But they’ve won 3 on the spin and got 10 points from their last 5 games.

Cant see Torquay repeating that form in the final 5 games. And even if they do, a couple more points for us still keeps our head above water. Plus there’s Aldershot & Dorking in-between us.

Yes we're safe

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

We are safe. We have to play Yeovil yet. 

And you’re absolutely certain we would beat them…really?

If it were them or us to stay up in a relegation decider, then with this team I would back them every time!

On 4/4/2023 at 11:09 PM, LightDN123 said:

I actually think Burgess could be a good player. Not sure why he was frozen out really. Looked technically quite good to me, was weak but still young. 

I know someone whose played alongside him and he told me his attitude stinks and he's surprised he even made it as a footballer it's that bad, I've no evidence that's the case with us and obviously young lads can change but when I was told about it I thought it ominous given Unsworth comes across more of a disciplinarian than say someone like Shez.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

And you’re absolutely certain we would beat them…really?

If it were them or us to stay up in a relegation decider, then with this team I would back them every time!

Why? They're 8 points away from us, recently got stuffed 4-0 in a relegation six pointer and can't buy a win at the moment. On the other hand, we have only tasted defeat once in the last 5...

On 4/8/2023 at 12:09 AM, Sloshed Joe said:

It's extremely frustrating how slowly it's taking, but Wrexham aside we've been drawing rather than losing recently.  I'll be stunned if we go on a losing run from here although unfortunately I think we may draw our way to mathematical safety 😴.

Add to that Torquay have Wrexham on the final day and I can't see them picking up the 3 wins more than us that they need.

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Why? They're 8 points away from us, recently got stuffed 4-0 in a relegation six pointer and can't buy a win at the moment. On the other hand, we have only tasted defeat once in the last 5...

If you say so then I ain’t worried anymore!😂😂

9 hours ago, LaticsPete said:

On the menu today; Insanity with a side helping of vanity

Indigestion to follow in a year or two 

18 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

There will be those who think we should. Sod all the off field stuff just let Frank pile all his cash into the first team.

It's not the model we should follow though. 

10 hours ago, redlion said:

Be interesting to see how the current form team Gateshead go on at Eastleigh tonight. I'm expecting them to win and go above us, they deserve to but as we know, it's a funny old game.

Gateshead 2-1 to the good at the moment and now above Latics.
Can see them being in the mix next season.