National League Thread

Just now, deyres42 said:

Must have had some money as there was more than a couple of two year contracts handed out...

Well yes there must have been some, but you can’t help but think he was left with the driftwood to choose from 

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Must have had some money as there was more than a couple of two year contracts handed out...

when you have six players including zero Keepers and the season starts in three weeks it is probably difficult to say No when the only guy left with gloves on tells Mo n Baz he wants two years

Gateshead 2-0 up on Yeovil at the moment which is, I think, the best result for us. I feel Gateshead will finish just above Latics and hopefully our influx of  "eight or nine players of quality" will be enough to get revenge on them next season. :D 

I found a good live results/table to use instead of the BBC's frankly ludicrous attention paid to the National League.

Arseholes!

https://www.flashscore.com/football/england/national-league/#/6umqKwmF/live

15 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Feels like it but I much prefer mathematically safe myself.

Yeovil have Aldershot and Dorking over the Easter weekend which is their last chance of safety, but after tonight's result it doesn't look like they are putting up much of a fight.

Altrincham warm up with a 4-0 Cheshire Senior Cup win tonight at Runcorn,

Linney scoring 2.

It will be interesting to compare him with our strikers.

Burgess was also prominent, but I guess he won't be allowed to play.

Edited by BP1960

20 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Altrincham warm up with a 4-0 Cheshire Senior Cup win tonight at Runcorn,

Linney scoring 2.

It will be interesting to compare him with our strikers.

Burgess was also prominent, but I guess he won't be allowed to play.

I actually think Burgess could be a good player. Not sure why he was frozen out really. Looked technically quite good to me, was weak but still young. 

11 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Yeovil have Aldershot and Dorking over the Easter weekend which is their last chance of safety, but after tonight's result it doesn't look like they are putting up much of a fight.

Yeovil have been in wretched form for quite a while now and that was a very, very poor night for them. Both Aldershot and Dorking will fancy their chances against them. I'm pleased for Gateshead, who are having a momentous season already with a trip to the FA Trophy Final already booked.

1 hour ago, basilrobbie said:

Yeovil have been in wretched form for quite a while now and that was a very, very poor night for them. Both Aldershot and Dorking will fancy their chances against them. I'm pleased for Gateshead, who are having a momentous season already with a trip to the FA Trophy Final already booked.

And that's why we should be offering their manager a job.

12 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

I actually think Burgess could be a good player. Not sure why he was frozen out really. Looked technically quite good to me, was weak but still young. 

Harry Vaughan was frozen out top.

Seems a pattern.

37 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

sorry l don't know Sheltons appearance stats aged 16-18 so altho lm extremely doubtful of this comment, l shall defer

Harry at 18 is a far better player than Shelton. I rest my case.🙂