MATCH: vs Wrecsam (A) 06/11/22 FA Cup 1st Rd 12.30 🏆

4 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

But Shez and Tommy got more out of these lot ? They might be crap, but you can still setup a crap team to play a certain way. We struggled against Chester for fuck sake, it’s not like he’s setting them up to play United. We are crap fine, but we are struggling against teams that are equally as shit! 

Every team we have played this season pass the ball and retain possession much better than we do….most of our players are simply lacking in the basic skills!!!

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

We are crap fine, but we are struggling against teams that are equally as shit! 

And this is the golden point. 

They’re two part time teams in the division, who aren’t struggling as badly. 

I’m absolutely certain that limited players- playing in a simple shape with one or two who can do a bit is more than enough to win games at this level. Or at the very least is enough to stay in the division. The fact we can’t win a game is appalling. 

Just now, oafc1955 said:

Every team we have played this season pass the ball and retain possession much better than we do….most of our players are simply lacking in the basic skills!!!

Some are piss poor, but I don’t think we are getting anywhere near out of the most we have available. 

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

And this is the golden point. 

They’re two part time teams in the division, who aren’t struggling as badly. 

I’m absolutely certain that limited players- playing in a simple shape with one or two who can do a bit is more than enough to win games at this level. Or at the very least is enough to stay in the division. The fact we can’t win a game is appalling. 

Exactly. It’s baffling me how anyone can defend this, it’s actually the worse I have seen. It’s up there with Selim in terms of how dull and lack of any form of system. It’s a joke 

If this was an Abdallah appointment who had 1 win in 10 games there would be pitch invasions, tennis balls etc. Lets face it, he should be walking a tightrope with a 10% win ratio. We all know why he's got the job and we know why he's taken it. However, he does need to get results or the pressure will mount on him and also those who gave him the job if they don't remove him. The fact some people are willing to give him until this time next year regardless of whether there is any improvement is ludicrous. If we just stayed up this year and was then around the same place this time next year, you've not wasted 1 season but 2. The longer we are down in this league the harder it will be to get back and people will drift away.

5 minutes ago, PeteG said:

If this was an Abdallah appointment who had 1 win in 10 games there would be pitch invasions, tennis balls etc. Lets face it, he should be walking a tightrope with a 10% win ratio. We all know why he's got the job and we know why he's taken it. However, he does need to get results or the pressure will mount on him and also those who gave him the job if they don't remove him. The fact some people are willing to give him until this time next year regardless of whether there is any improvement is ludicrous. If we just stayed up this year and was then around the same place this time next year, you've not wasted 1 season but 2. The longer we are down in this league the harder it will be to get back and people will drift away.

Weird how in pretty much every post you compare this to the previous regime...

20 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I love your capitals FFS in the middle- it’s like your arguing with yourself. 😂

No manager in the history of football is immune from winning games, otherwise what are you saying? Don’t judge him on the first 30/40 games. . . It’s laughable. 

If it carries on- he should get sacked. 

Recruitment has been shocking ever since the Lemmies turned up and has got progressively worse over the last couple of years.

You cannot judge Unsworth on this absolute pile of shite he has inherited and certainly not after just a handful of games.

Several of these ‘players’ cannot even manage to complete a 5 yard pass to a teammate. FFS!!!😂

20 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

He's not far wrong on this one though. Not checked the stats but Benachour must have been around the same in terms of PPG and he was hounded out of the club...

Not really the point though is it?

3 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Not really the point though is it?

Of course it's the point. We are discussing how long you give a manager, just because you are happy there is a new regime in charge doesn't mean the manager isn't responsible for getting an improvement out on the pitch. I made the comparison to highlight the fact that to wait until next November regardless is a ludicrous position to take and it's not consistent to how people have reacted previously. 

50 minutes ago, PeteG said:

yep agree his win ratio alone is concerning but I think if we had been competitive, put up a fight and got about sides and still lost we’d all be more accepting. Let’s face it we have gone backwards under him and we can’t lay a glove on very poor sides like alty chester and Halifax under his tactics which is way below what can be achieved. non league sides this weekend have shown with basic play and hard work U can get results against teams better than what he has come up against. If nothing changes we can’t give him longer than another 6-8 games as he will have shown he’s not the man for us right now. 

42 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Of course it's the point. We are discussing how long you give a manager, just because you are happy there is a new regime in charge doesn't mean the manager isn't responsible for getting an improvement out on the pitch. I made the comparison to highlight the fact that to wait until next November regardless is a ludicrous position to take and it's not consistent to how people have reacted previously. 

Nonsense. It was quite clearly stated that the main reason for the protests were how the Lemsagams and their Senior Club Advisor were destroying the club.

By acting properly and with the club's best interests at heart like the Rothwell's have done in their brief time as owners, you earn the right to patience when it comes to the decisions you make. Something the Lemsagams and their Senior Club Advisor did not do during their long period in charge.

4 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Nonsense. It was quite clearly stated that the main reason for the protests were how the Lemsagams and their Senior Club Advisor were destroying the club.

By acting properly and with the club's best interests at heart like the Rothwell's have done in their brief time as owners, you earn the right to patience when it comes to the decisions you make. Something the Lemsagams and their Senior Club Advisor did not do during their long period in charge.

That's fair enough if want to take that stance but I'm sure many fans are capable of separating the off field with the on field. I'm also sure if the Rothwells can see their investment disappearing as we slide further down the pyramid he won't be afraid to act and get shut 

1 hour ago, PeteG said:

No. It's absolutely not the point. We've moved on. The last lot we're definitely f###ing idiots.

2 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Exactly. It’s baffling me how anyone can defend this, it’s actually the worse I have seen. It’s up there with Selim in terms of how dull and lack of any form of system. It’s a joke 

Makes me wonder if we are still we using the same agents as Mo.🥴

11 hours ago, JoeP said:

The next one should be a more calculated risk - invite applications, do interviews maybe have a few up and coming managers in the lower leagues in mind in case no one impresses in the competitive process. (Certainly don't give it to a mate on the back of perceived reputation). 

Should they then be sacked in 10 if things don't improve? Probably not, but you're talking like 10 games isn't a long enough time to make a mark. That's 30 points and nearly a quarter of a season we've just written off...

Why should the next not be sacked after 10?

10 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

The alternative question:

How long do you give a manager before you realise that he’s simply not up to it?

I'd allow him to bring in his own players. 

7 hours ago, Careca9 said:

I’d say they should be given min 12 weeks or 15-20 games to implement ideas and tactics. A failure to produce reasonable returns in that period and you should lose your job.

if you have a prior track record of success in a similar role then you prob deserve a bit longer. If u chronically underperformed in your first Mgmt role in or out of football you would likely be gone around that point.

Sacked after 12 weeks 🤣

Some proper cretins on here who think that a team full of serial losers should be coached into great players within a month and a half after being shit and below average all their careers

3 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

I read it again "fella". I still don't think people deserve to be called cretins for having a different opinion 

Maybe it's not right calling people cretins but thats twice you've mis-quoted him. Like he said, read it again.

22 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Why should the next not be sacked after 10?

I'd allow him to bring in his own players. 

Sacked after 12 weeks 🤣

Some proper cretins on here who think that a team full of serial losers should be coached into great players within a month and a half after being shit and below average all their careers

Don't think anyone is expecting any manager to turn this lot into great players. What a lot of us might expect is to see some improvement no matter how small and I think that's how you judge a manager. If you can consistently see improvement you can give him as long as you like as you'd be moving forward. We've seen nothing so far and his lack of experience as a manager and more so his knowledge of this level is a worry and an experiment you can't just stick with for the sake of it.

Archived