MATCH: vs Wrecsam (A) 06/11/22 FA Cup 1st Rd 12.30 🏆

43 minutes ago, peanuts2 said:

We dont but unfortunatly the only players available are out of contract or loans untill the tranfer window in the efl opens there will then be a churn of players available throughout football as teams strengthen and players are pushed out as surpluss loans end etc 

That's not true. We could sign a player on a permanent deal from the EFL outside of the transfer window...

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Reminder that I'm not advocating sacking this manager, but I keep seeing that he needs two transfer windows. Not sure why he needs transfer windows when we don't have to adhere to them anyway...

We don't but other clubs do, I'm led to believe Unsworths major business surrounding some players from Everton can't be completed till January (not sure on the rules regarding PL loans myself it's what I've been told), we should stick with Unsworth in much the same way we should of seen it out till January at least with Shez, bringing managers in in between windows is difficult enough particularly once half the squad downs tools after you've been honest about them and told half of them they are raffle winners.

Just because we can sign players doesn't mean we should rush in and sign players for the sake of it despite how shit we are and if it takes another couple of months or indeed the season to get us on an even keel I'm happy to accept that, Abraham and Kitching look okay on paper we know a fit Hope, Gardner and Hogan will improve us so really we need to look at right back where we are desperate and centre mid, shame we couldn't of done something with McCalmont early season we've been crying out for a player like him to play through and a midfield three with Rooney and Gardner wouldn't be bad if we could get them out on the pitch. 

15 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Norman

Angol

Hogan

Okabgue 

Clarke

Kitchen

Gardner

Rooney

Hope 

Tollitt

Abraham 

That team should be further up the table, easily. 

I always remember Brian Clough's Nottingham Forest side that everyone said was too good to go down. They did.

The fact of the matter is, we are where we are. Hopefully the side you've mentioned can get a run games together and climb away from the bottom 4.

EDIT: Get Clarke away from the side

9 minutes ago, Lags said:

I always remember Brian Clough's Nottingham Forest side that everyone said was too good to go down. They did.

The fact of the matter is, we are where we are. Hopefully the side you've mentioned can get a run games together and climb away from the bottom 4.

EDIT: Get Clarke away from the side

True. 

I get the gripe with Clarke he’s an awful RWB, he’s far better as a right back with some protection in front of him. 

49 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Norman

Angol

Hogan

Okabgue 

Clarke

Kitchen

Gardner

Rooney

Hope 

Tollitt

Abraham 

That team should be further up the table, easily. 

There many things that upset, not for the first time, watching on Sunday. One of them was how incredibly lazy Tollitt is when he loses possession. He just jogs around a bit in a totally pointless way. No hunger or desire to win it back. Then he slowly ambles back. Lazy twat!

Clarke is crap as a right-back. His crossing is abysmal. All  i can say is, he's still better defensively from what I remember about Conor Brown, but that was much higher up in the pyramid. 

We have no CM. You've chosen the best two...

Lastly, we should sign Lounge to go with Kitchen. That way all the lazy bastards can eat and rest.

1 hour ago, True Tic said:

I’m hoping whilst Hogan and co are regaining fitness (played 60mins in B team today) there will also be a couple of signings too this week. Big period of football coming up 

I also hope we don't do what we did to Gardner abd rush him back too early so he ends up hobbling off after 20 mins on Saturday.

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

I also hope we don't do what we did to Gardner abd rush him back too early so he ends up hobbling off after 20 mins on Saturday.

Agreed, we need to make sure our "better" (injured) players have fully recovered. 

30 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I think Gardner will be hobbling off more than he isn’t, as with Porter a good player but unfortunately past it and treatment bench fodder now 

11 hours ago, Lags said:

So, you don't believe DU when he states he's not asking the players to sit deep?

Regarding the centre backs, could that be due to injuries?

the recent midfields included Tollitt and Rooney, are they defensively minded players?

Totally agree about the right back, I cannot believe we've persevered with Clarke

Prior to Timmy coming in who should have been the top two?. If we are relying on Luamba to be one then we are doomed.  

Its hard to believe him when both DU and his team sit silent on the bench vs alty and Halifax when everyone is on edge of box. Surely if that isn’t the instruction one of them would be directing changes mid game? I mean if he hasn’t set them up like that and he just sits and waits for ht and then ft is that good Mgmt for a team at our level? 

11 minutes ago, Sloshed Joe said:

How come we’ve biffed off Wellens since he scored the winner in Shez’s last game? He’s been back training with United (with their first team according to an article)

Went back to United as he had an injury. I'm sure the treatment facilities are far superior at Salford Royal. 

54 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I think Gardner will be hobbling off more than he isn’t, as with Porter a good player but unfortunately past it and treatment bench fodder now 

With Gardner I think its a case of managing his body abit I don't think we can expect him to play twice a week if we do that we might get enough usage out of him between atleast now and the end of the season. With Porter I'm amazed he's still going I thought he would have been done by 30 as he did pick up Injuries during his first spell with us I think it might be best to move him on.

Hogan is also 32 so at an age where he might pick up more injuries however as Centre back they tend to be not a susceptible to slowing down past 30 than forwards or midfielders so it's just a case of making sure he's fully fit before we unleash back into the 1st team.

10 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Tollitt can't play as an out and out winger, he's got one trick admittedly a half decent one of cutting in from the left and getting a decent shot away, any team whose watched us knows not to show him inside. 

Rooney still isn't fit enough to play as a 10, not sure he ever will be again, admittedly he's probably our only centre mid whose attacking minded but he isn't showing what he's capable of and he's the type of player who'd thrive in a team with a more positive mindset.

For me the teams a bit bitty, too many players young and old with major weaknesses in their game, we've suffered again from poor recruitment and instead of having one decent keeper covered by a youth player we'll probably end up with three very average keepers in the end costing twice as much money.

We have a problem at centre half yet have had Hogan, McGahey, Sheron, Maynard, Carragher, Okagbue, Angol play there to name but a few along with Sutton to come back, that's some selection given the division we are in. I can't have it that there isn't a decent partnership in there.

Rightback is a major issue and Clarke has been too bad to be true, cannot play for us again purely because of the mistakes he makes and the pressure he puts us under, he kills any momentum we build up in games and I've never seen him show any desire other than the header at Alty to join in an attack, a wing back he is not.

Midfield is the issue though Cooper, Threkeld, Sheron as holding midfielders are shite, slow, limited and even at the level we are at are ordinary, you think that one would be an easy fix though given one is on a short term deal and I'd drop him off in Yeovil tomorrow, ones on loan and the other should be used as defensive cover or at best a CDM in front of a back 4, Rooney we've discussed, Couto is only playing for obvious reasons as he is Evo stick north standard at best, Vaughan can't be trusted (even though defenders who are paid to defend get away with doing what he was slated for week in week out) he needs to go out on loan, Burgess and Tollitt are in and out of games but are effectively the same player, too weak for CM but not enough about them to play out wide, go missing in games and are effectively a luxury we can't afford. Gardner way good enough for this level but it looks like he's going to be in and out of the team which is a shame, Stobbs, Windass, Wellens just not up to it. To be fair to Sheron he's had a wobble the last couple of weeks because he is literally being asked to play every position in Unsworths back 7, add to the his confidence went after losing the armband which I'm not sure is great management, he isn't a talker as such but still deserves a little bit more respect from that, I like him and he hasn't hidden like some of the shithouses we have on the books.

If we play this 'preferred' 4-3-3 when Hogan is back I'd like to see us play a front three of Hope, Fondop, Abraham.

Back 4 of Kilner, Hogan, Sheron, Kitching.

And a whole new midfield, which I've been asking for since I watched us pre season and every team below us played through us like a knife through butter.

Unsworth needs January as well as the summer and he should get it, we have enough particularly with Hogan back to hold our own from Christmas on, it may get a little bit worse before then but come January we will be fine, one negative though is that Tyler Onyango who we were due to get in from Everton in January is now going to be staying with Fleetwood, same with Dobbin at Derby I've heard which is disappointing. 

I get what ur saying on time but I don’t want a manager that can’t get the best out of players and only outcome is to buy a new squad. That doesn’t bode well long term and suggests poor management ability. It comes down to whether u think the squad really is bottom 4 material. For me they aren’t and he should be doing better with what he has. If he showed he could motivate this lot, get them running, tackling and fighting I’d be happy to give him time as prob would the majority. But so far he hasn’t and he sits motionless on bench then gives terrible interviews like saying let’s plan for next year in nov!! I just can’t get behind him with how it’s going and to top it off his signings so far haven’t worked or improved us as he plays rooney out of his best position and doesn’t even start carty 

12 hours ago, BP1960 said:

It's more to do with the tactics DU has persevered with far too long. Players are so deep they are getting in each others way with no outlet.

It will be unbelievable if he persists with that formation against Barnet. 

Getting in each others way? Never a blue shirt showing for a pass half the time. Too busy hiding

Archived