MATCH: vs Barnet (H) 12/11/22

I’m still in the Unsworth in camp but the way in which the team are playing is difficult to defend. 5 of his signings started today but it made no difference to the shape of the team. It may have been 442 or even 433 but we continue to invite the opposition into our half and give them the freedom of the middle third.

He says he’s not asking them to play that way but we are 17 games into the season and they are still doing it!

We are still hoofing the ball up to Abraham or Fondop and absolutely nothing has changed!

It would be OK if there was a little improvement week on week but there isn’t any, absolutely none at all!!

We are now in the relegation places and make no mistake, we deserve to be there. I honestly can’t see where a win is coming from and it’s a massive worry!

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Mr Banks, Zone 3 said:

I'm done with this fella, even if he somehow manages to pull out a few wins from somewhere his style of football isn't for me. It's not the football I fell in love with as a kid and he can stick it. Defenders always make for negative managers, think Gareth Southgate. 

World Cup semi and euros final. Give over haha. 

Just now, oafc1955 said:

I’m still in the Unsworth in camp but the way in which the team are playing is difficult to defend. 5 of his signings started today but it made no difference to the shape of the team. It may have been 442 or even 433 but we continue to invite the opposition into our half and give them the freedom of the middle third.

He says he’s not asking them to play that way but we are 17 games into the season and they are still doing it!

We are still hoofing the ball up to Abraham or Fondop and absolutely nothing has changed!

It would be OK if there was a little improvement week on week but there isn’t any, absolutely none at all!!

We are now in the relegation places and make no mistake, we deserve to be there. I honestly can’t see where a our next win is coming from and it’s a massive worry!

I asked you other day, how long you’re ok with losing for- and you said, for a fair while yet. 

Still feel the same way? 

1 minute ago, Lukers1 said:

Apologies, I’ll spell it out to you, his back room staff aren’t what we need and he needs an experienced head next to him. 

That wasn’t the point. 

The point is- he already has a supposedly experienced coaching staff in Jeffers in Ebbrell. . . that’s what Unsworth told us anyway. 

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

That wasn’t the point. 

The point is- he already has a supposedly experienced coaching staff in Jeffers in Ebbrell. . . that’s what Unsworth told us anyway. 

My post clearly states that he needs someone who knows this league.

The point is that his coaching team don’t so I hope this clears this up for you.👍

19 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

I’m still in the Unsworth in camp as he is a rookie at this level and it’s showing.

Currently, he needs an experienced head next to him who knows this league.  Micky Mellon would have been a good addition but he’s back at Tranmere. Jim Gannon got Stockport out of the National League North and would be useful. 

We are in trouble, I can’t work out how we set up but this formation isn’t working.

Set up awful, sitting deep, no closing down, poor distribution, Sheron at right back, Maynard in midfield, Abrahams on his own up front.

Add what he said was a future Premier league player who looked slow and totally lost, a couple of centre backs done for pace and you have an idea why it didn't work.

Shez used to say he wanted at least 7 out of 10 from his players, you'd be lucky to get 5 out of 10 from any of this squad.

Although he may not be perfect Burgess scored 2 in midweek for the B team yet didn't even make the bench today, so much for picking the players in form and building their confidence.

To sum up...a complete shambles.

15 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

Apologies, I’ll spell it out to you, his back room staff aren’t what we need and he needs an experienced head next to him. 

He's been given the backroom staff to do the job he's been backed with signings. It's now on him now he's got to deliver.

Barnets squad list on the back of the programme today said they have 12 players less in their squad than we do and they played mid-week. Yet they out performed us and outworked us that's not good enough.

We need some improvement doesn't have to be promotion form just an improvement will do but it's upto the manager (and the players aswell they need to take responsibility too) to start bringing in some results.

8 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I can only think presume it’s supposed to be counter attacking. . . but is translating into must not lose. 

It will be a must not lose 8 at the back next week after his preferred 433 flopped.

6 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

My post clearly states that he needs someone who knows this league.

The point is that his coaching team don’t so I hope this clears this up for you.👍

Apologies - I’ll spell it out for you. 

Unsworth already has a coaching staff, that was backed by the board to assemble at a significant cost- and you think he’s going to move them aside for someone who ‘knows the league’ 

Hope this clears it up for you. 😂😂

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

Unsworth already has a coaching staff, that was backed by the board to assemble at a significant cost- and you think he’s going to move them aside for someone who ‘knows the league’ 

"It's not Unsworth's fault, it's the players"

*Unsworth brings in his own players*

"It's not Unsworth's fault, it's his backroom staff"

8 minutes ago, League one forever said:

They will keep them so as not to lose face by admitting it was a big mistake.

DU has to get these players up the park and pressing division 5 teams in their half.  Or he's finished. 

Teams are coming to BP and on their own patch having the freedom of the pitch. Within 10 minutes of every match the opposition have their confidence through the roof knowing they are on the front foot and have the measure of us.

Get up the fucking pitch!!!! The world and it's dog are telling you. 

I was absolutely over the moon with the takeover and ended my lengthy attendance boycott immediately it was announced. I`ve watched football for a long time and it's clear Unsworth is not up to managing. I accept Shez was not for the medium/long term but we have subsequently appointed the wrong man for the job.

Mr Rothwell, nobody likes a manager merry-go-round but you're going to have to ruffle a few feathers and dispense with Unsworth ASAP. Peter Clarke's here now - negotiate with him/his club and let him cut his teeth in management. Unsworth is a disaster and it's so plain to see. We need action sooner rather than later, otherwise the unthinkable may become reality.

I don't like berating the manager as the players in the club are terrible but with ten minutes to go and1-0 down we take Abrahams off and leave a clearly hobbling Fondop on and hoof the ball up to him .This is unforgivable. A couple of seasons ago York City kept saying we are too good to go down and did nothing to halt the slide .A couple of seasons in the national league north followed .We are in for a culture shock next season going to places like Farsley Celtic and Bradford park avenue. 

Archived