MATCH: vs Barnet (H) 12/11/22

4 minutes ago, otid said:

I see it as a 4411 formation Graham....and at home it's bewildering. I could cope with a genuine 442 but whichever formation he chooses, each 'bank' needs to be a further 10 yards up the field. The speed of our transition play has been a joke since the start of the season but it's slowed down even further since DU came in.

It was a 4-1-4-1 for me but it's all irrelevant if you have Rooney and Peck pulling the strings, both were close on useless yesterday, one was making his debut so has excuses the other has done nothing since he walked through the door yet is somehow a shoe in for us.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Good luck playing a high line when your centre backs have a combined age of 73.

no centre back in the nat league has a d beckham range of passing. Plus they don’t need to push up to half way just somewhere forward of their goal line so the midfield can lay a glove on the oppo would do 

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Biggest worry for me yesterday was post match when he said we played well in the first half, sorry but we were dominated from minute one, sat on the edge of our area and it  looked to me like we were backing ourselves not to concede and nick one, sorry but that's not a plan nor is it entertaining, okay we looked a little more organised but we still lacked any real attacking intent and were happy to let Barnet dictate the pace of the game, I get it if we go to Barnet with that plan but at home it's desperate to watch and draining the life out of us.

Another thing if he has a squad of 35 and growing how is he going to manage that he needs to be working with a group of 25 maximum, particularly at our level that is an unbelievable amount of players on the books and about a dozen need releasing if more are coming in as Unsworth claims.

Royle jr looked a forlorn figure at full time yesterday and he must be wondering what the fuck have I got myself in to because this is becoming a big fucking mess and Unsworth despite blaming everyone else is pulling in .6 points per game or about 29 points a season at the minute. Not good enough, zero entertainment and no progress.

He would have slated the first half last week, has his own players in so had to say something positive.

12 hours ago, Wardie said:

He's already mentioned January before now, does he have something in mind or lined-up for when the window opens? 

I'm not too sure of the impact of the window on us and our league.

If loans/transfers become more available to us in January then all the more reason to get an experienced head in just ahead of the window.

If Unsworth is to get January then, for me, he needs to average 1 pt per game between now and then and he needs a clear upturn in performances to go with it. Hardly a big ask.

Absolutely no excuses for the performances we are seeing.

I'm not going to go over old ground about the recruitment process but Unsworth simply has to go. 1 win in 11 against the worst opposition we've ever faced is a disgrace regardless of the squad he inherited. Now they have 2 choices, fire their mate or face the pressure themselves. Either way, can't see Frank being happy as it's going to cost him a fair amount.

3 away games coming up I think now, the best I can see us picking up is a couple of points (and that’s being optimistic) from all 3 which will leave us in deep trouble. For whatever reason it’s not working for Unsworth. 5 or 6 games ago I’m thinking we will come good, it will happen, we will click, we need other players, a bit unlucky etc etc. Lose next weekend (which we will) and hes surely got to go. 

13 hours ago, otid said:

Took the 9 yr old Grandson today.....I called him in the morning and asked 'Fancy going watching Latics'?

Just before the 2nd goal went in he said "I thought we were coming to watch Latics but i feel like we are watching Barnet".....out of the mouths of babes and all that!

I went along with my young family yesterday.  The match was absolute dross but I am used to that after years of following the club but do believe it is on a better footing to progress.  I was sat in the George Hill surrounded by young families along with my own and had to listen to the most arrogant and aggresive individual constantly swearing and lambasting Unsworth throughout the second half. A couple of other fans challenged him about his language because of the young children in the vicinity and he turned on them telling them to f... off and then threatening them.  Not sure where the stewards where but this individual and his family ruined the day for many of us.  Its not all about the football sometimes when you are trying to get the next generation to support the club, it's the overall experience.  

13 hours ago, League one forever said:

Carty

Peck

Carragher

Roberts

Rooney

Clarke 

Kitching

Abraham. 

5 of those started today. 

13 hours ago, Wardie said:

So, out of those eight, Carragher is back at his parent club, Clarke and Peck have played one game, Abraham has played three games, Kitching has played two games, Rooney is probably not playing in his natural position, Carty is a speculative from the bench and I have no idea where Roberts is.

Not my idea of a settled team having had time to gel. I'm not defending Unsworth as clearly something is amiss but there desperately needs to be a settled team and game plan in place, neither of which seems to be the case at the moment.

Sheridan signed Roberts and hes back at Birmingham injured 

31 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Said before the game yesterday we will be defending on our 18 yard box with those two at the back. Not sure of the logistics of playing them both...

Correct. Even when Clarkey was here last time, there were one or two occassions when he was easily turned by a quick player when we played a high line. He had to bring them down and get booked. I said his signing baffled me (i.e. as a centre half who is 41 years old in a few weeks time) unless it's as a form of security for if/when Unsworth gets the boot. 

1 minute ago, wiseowl said:

Correct. Even when Clarkey was here last time, there were one or two occassions when he was easily turned by a quick player when we played a high line. He had to bring them down and get booked. I said his signing baffled me (i.e. as a centre half who is 41 years old in a few weeks time) unless it's as a form of security for if/when Unsworth gets the boot. 

So you think Unsworth isn't in charge of the signings but Frank is? Interference?

9 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

So you think Unsworth isn't in charge of the signings but Frank is? Interference?

The signing has baffled me, mr mcfluff. At almost 41 years old, it's not "one for the future" playing wise is it? Presently, I`ve no idea what's going on - all I know is that we are  haemorrhaging cash with absolutely nil dividend results wise. That cannot continue much longer.

9 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Makes me think the same, strange signing. Might find himself in charge pretty soon at this rate because Unsworth isn’t happening 

Those calling for calm, do you actually go to the games? There has been no improvement since Sheridan's departure. I can't see what the tactics are. I can't see what our style of play is. I can't see the players picking each other up and motivating each other. I can't believe our attendances haven't dropped below 5k yet. 

1 minute ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

Those calling for calm, do you actually go to the games? There has been no improvement since Sheridan's departure. I can't see what the tactics are. I can't see what our style of play is. I can't see the players picking each other up and motivating each other. I can't believe our attendances haven't dropped below 5k yet. 

I think they have, we're just counting tickets that have been sold.

Don't know if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but fair play to Barnet's following.  Made a lot of noise yesterday.

3 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I think they have, we're just counting tickets that have been sold.

Don't know if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but fair play to Barnet's following.  Made a lot of noise yesterday.

Couldn't hear them from the RRE. Fair play to those who travelled though. Must be brilliant for away fans coming to BP. 

7 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I am 100 percent certain that the board have blocked a move for one player in the last week...

I'm not sure the board not giving the manager every player he wants counts as interference..

Archived