MATCH: vs Barnet (H) 12/11/22

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Just been reading my post back to check where I said it was...

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

So you think Unsworth isn't in charge of the signings but Frank is? Interference?

23 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I am 100 percent certain that the board have blocked a move for one player in the last week...

👍

5 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I’ve just listened to Unsworth’s post match assessment. 
I don’t know how he manages to stay positive given the performances recently - Rhinos do have thick skin I suppose..,

He has no choice. 

The public hammering there were getting had to stop, before he lost them completely- if he hasn’t already. 

33 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Did I mention interference...?

You didn't.

I guess I was thrown because your response was to a question about interference.

We all agree there's no interference, then.

Good stuff. 🤝

2 hours ago, wiseowl said:

The signing has baffled me, mr mcfluff. At almost 41 years old, it's not "one for the future" playing wise is it? Presently, I`ve no idea what's going on - all I know is that we are  haemorrhaging cash with absolutely nil dividend results wise. That cannot continue much longer.

Yet you've got people calling for him to splash the cash

2 hours ago, True Tic said:

Makes me think the same, strange signing. Might find himself in charge pretty soon at this rate because Unsworth isn’t happening 

can see the next manager being Franny Jeffers if he doesent jump or get pushed out with rhino

Can't understand the unwillingness to play some attacking football.

I could totally get it if the deeper, defensive approach was yielding some points and solidifying us, but it's not even close. Why not just have a go? Absolutely nothing to lose.

For what it's worth, I don't think changing manager is the right thing to do, particularly with the backroom set up being overhauled, but I've got little confidence in him keeping us up, never mind turning us into challengers.

3 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I thought Barnet were bloody good, by the way...

There are some good teams in this division, much better than some in league 2. Having said that every team looks good playing us, I think it’s more how poor we are!!

6 hours ago, peanuts2 said:

can see the next manager being Franny Jeffers if he doesent jump or get pushed out with rhino

That would be disappointing.

I'd hope we'd invite applications, interview and try and find the next Lee Johnson.

If that process is fruitless, go for Greening from Scarborough..

32 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

There are some good teams in this division, much better than some in league 2. Having said that every team looks good playing us, I think it’s more how poor we are!!

Now coached by John Dreyer, former assistant with Dino here.

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

I said this in a previous post. The quality of football is surprisingly good, which could be an aspect of modern coaching and fitness techniques. Barnet have been in the NL for four years, I think and have been perilously close to slipping further down. 

True enough that Latics' appalling quality probably helps but also illustrates how tough this league is. It ain't going to be easy to get out of but not impossible. Another relegation though..

7 hours ago, Wardie said:

I said this in a previous post. The quality of football is surprisingly good, which could be an aspect of modern coaching and fitness techniques. Barnet have been in the NL for four years, I think and have been perilously close to slipping further down. 

True enough that Latics' appalling quality probably helps but also illustrates how tough this league is. It ain't going to be easy to get out of but not impossible. Another relegation though..

I think it's because it's a bottleneck with only 2 going up - one of those a playoff lottery. There's always one darkhorse who just click, like Barrow and Sutton in previous seasons, then there's a fair few ex-League clubs spending big to escape, like County, Wrexham, Notts etc. 

I'd say the standard at the top of the NL is better than the bottom of L2 with its 2 relegation spots serving as a bottleneck in the opposite direction.

Edit - You can't have a "big club entitlement" too. Crowds and history don't earn points I'm afraid. Some sides, grounds, setups etc. might appear "tinpot" and you may have never heard of them but they can still beat you and will be up for the challenge with you being a big name. Trust me. We've been beat by Bradford Park Avenue, Gainsborough Trinity, Vauxhall Motors and the like. Dark days. 

I thought we were ok for the first 10 mins then after that we were second best to almost every ball. Our desire to commit needless fouls in dangerous areas when we are proven vulnerable from then baffles me. Abraham as a lone striker with no Latics player within any sort of passing range is a guarantee of no goals for and for all his effort he is not a a player to use with his back to goal ... he fell in the offside trap far too many times. Maynard .. apart from the I dont fancy that 50-50 challenge which led to the goal (all be it that the striker mazed his way past three blue shirts to score) did nothing at all along with new blood Peck..... if you watched them it would be difficult to see which one was the rookie. Rooney spent the second half 'walking around' like he was at tandle hill. It doesn't matter what your tactics are if half the team dont fancy it before and during the game. Meanwhile Tollitt goes for glory when teammates are better placed... is this because of what he sees in training. I reckon I was at double figures where the crown were pleading with players SHOOT. 

Currently were a team that constantly looks under the bed and in the wardrobe looking for (and finding) relegation monsters there even though we know that there is no such thing. 

Finally ... the officials I have seen with my own eyes this season are ... lets say .... piss poor. It didn't and wouldn't have affected the scoreline but that does not make it right, they are unlike the league we are in are tinpot !!! 

I honestly believe Nathan Sheron is the worst player we’ve had at Latics in the last 20 years. I know that’s a bold shout because we’ve had a lot of crap, but I’ve been watching him closely last few weeks and he genuinely wouldn’t get a game in my Sunday league team.

He makes poor Boo boy Jack Stobbs look like Maradonna.

1 hour ago, andy_b_100 said:

Finally ... the officials I have seen with my own eyes this season are ... lets say .... piss poor. It didn't and wouldn't have affected the scoreline but that does not make it right, they are unlike the league we are in are tinpot !!! 

Many years ago in my Sunday League days we played one game at Bromley's ground.  No idea why or which league they played in then, but their ground and facilities were a massive step up on what we were used to at our regular venue of Tooting Bec Common.  We also had a referee from Conference level and he was also a massive step up.  He missed nothing, got everything right, including offside decisions with no linesmen.

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Many years ago in my Sunday League days we played one game at Bromley's ground.  No idea why or which league they played in then, but their ground and facilities were a massive step up on what we were used to at our regular venue of Tooting Bec Common.  We also had a referee from Conference level and he was also a massive step up.  He missed nothing, got everything right, including offside decisions with no linesmen.

I take it wasn't the same clown we got on Saturday then!

Barnet were timewasting from minute one (I'm sick of missing the results service on Five Live! 😠) and he made no attempt to speed them up which culminated in Tollitt being booked for firing the ball at one of them.

Their constant walking away with the ball when conceding a free kick was never checked and as bad as we were the ref was as just as poor.

2 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

I take it wasn't the same clown we got on Saturday then!

Barnet were timewasting from minute one (I'm sick of missing the results service on Five Live! 😠) and he made no attempt to speed them up which culminated in Tollitt being booked for firing the ball at one of them.

Their constant walking away with the ball when conceding a free kick was never checked and as bad as we were the ref was as just as poor.

If it was the same fella he'd probably be in his late 70ps.  May account for it... :)

Just now, Dave_Og said:

If it was the same fella he'd probably be in his late 70ps.  May account for it... :)

Refs are the worst ever when a fans team are  losing, the best ever when they are winning.

All in all they are as good as what's available in a job not many want to do. 

Archived