MATCH: vs Barnet (H) 12/11/22

Just now, BP1960 said:

Refs are the worst ever when a fans team are  losing, the best ever when they are winning.

All in all they are as good as what's available in a job not many want to do. 

Not for me. I hate it when we time-waste as well and refs can't see the blindingly obvious episodes.

I know it's a thankless task but Saturday's was very, very poor and seemed as lethargic as we were in play and they were when the ball was dead.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Andy-latic said:

I honestly believe Nathan Sheron is the worst player we’ve had at Latics in the last 20 years. I know that’s a bold shout because we’ve had a lot of crap, but I’ve been watching him closely last few weeks and he genuinely wouldn’t get a game in my Sunday league team.

He makes poor Boo boy Jack Stobbs look like Maradonna.

He’s terrible isn’t he. 

Just had a watch back of the highlights on the official. Rooney for the first goal, WOW. Hogan gets turned for pace but there’s still plenty of chance to snuff out the danger. Rooney is pretty much alongside Hogan and in a central position. He then jogs back and drifts out towards the touchline, away from the space that’s being attacked (and the unmarked Barnet player who’s waiting for a pull back). He could easily of helped prevent that goal with a switched on brain and a bit more heart.

11 minutes ago, Sloshed Joe said:

Just had a watch back of the highlights on the official. Rooney for the first goal, WOW. Hogan gets turned for pace but there’s still plenty of chance to snuff out the danger. Rooney is pretty much alongside Hogan and in a central position. He then jogs back and drifts out towards the touchline, away from the space that’s being attacked (and the unmarked Barnet player who’s waiting for a pull back). He could easily of helped prevent that goal with a switched on brain and a bit more heart.

Rooney shouldn't be in that position though, he's a reputation as as attacking midfielder, an area we are desperately short in. 

Our closest opportunity (Clarks backheel) didnt even make the reel!!. Watching those two goals back show enough frailty without the Maynard no challenge ..... the second was in slow motion ... with possibly the most accidental header I have ever seen ,. 

28 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Rooney shouldn't be in that position though, he's a reputation as as attacking midfielder, an area we are desperately short in. 

Agreed, but he found himself in that position so I’d expect him to bust a gut to help the team not concede, rather than trot over to the touchline out of the way. His brother was an attacking player but would fly around the pitch and put a tackle in and work hard for the team. If players were doing that, we’d be moaning about drab 0-0 draws rather than horrendous 0-2 defeats.

2 minutes ago, andy_b_100 said:

Our closest opportunity (Clarks backheel) didnt even make the reel!!. Watching those two goals back show enough frailty without the Maynard no challenge ..... the second was in slow motion ... with possibly the most accidental header I have ever seen ,. 

One of the highlights shown was a cross from Sheron which was headed easily away!!

32 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I suspect Unsworth would of expected Rooney to have helped out there given the professional that he is, isn't that the exact same reason Vaughan has been banished to Outer Mongolia for failing to get back in against Alty?. Rooney does it week in week out, he's very good at pointing in to space rather than closing it down.

Can someone please tell me how our team is based around Rooney, he shuffles around pointing like an 80 year old geriatric in a care home, he is yet to score or create a goal and seems almost undroppable, is Unsworth just selecting him until he manages to have some influence on a game as I don't see what he offers, along with Maynard it's as bad as it gets in there and they are probably two of your top earners to boot, massive downgrade on Missilou/Whealen who many thought were dog shite.

On 11/12/2022 at 9:00 PM, LightDN123 said:

Rooney is a moaning piece of shit who has offered absolutely nothing every single game. I have no idea what is up with this plonker. 

If we played him in his preferred position he might offer something to the team.

1 hour ago, andy_b_100 said:

The bottled challenge by Maynard sums this team up. I had a bit of rant at him then got told off by a fan who told me to sit down and be quiet. It was my second game of the season but to see someone back out of a challenge and they get a goal is poor.

I remember David Currie backing out of a 50 / 50 at Old Trafford infront of an open goal. 

I’ve still got s tiny scar from being hit by 2 p coin thrown from the United Rd End!😂💙

2 hours ago, Lukers1 said:

The bottled challenge by Maynard sums this team up. I had a bit of rant at him then got told off by a fan who told me to sit down and be quiet. It was my second game of the season but to see someone back out of a challenge and they get a goal is poor.

I remember David Currie backing out of a 50 / 50 at Old Trafford infront of an open goal. 

I’ve still got s tiny scar from being hit by 2 p coin thrown from the United Rd End!😂💙

The only possible defence is that he was on a booking the lad still had an awful lot to do and travelled hell of a long way before putting it past Norman who should of done better and closed the angle down on his near post.

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

The only possible defence is that he was on a booking the lad still had an awful lot to do and travelled hell of a long way before putting it past Norman who should of done better and closed the angle down on his near post.

I get that but you have at lest challenge for possession. 

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Tough to blame the keeper when it's fired in from 2 yards away after he's walked through everyone else

On 11/12/2022 at 8:10 PM, longtimeblue said:

As with most fans, signs of improvement would buy a manager my time. There's been none. 

Agree. I always use Sheridan 2006 as a prime example of this. We lost our first few games and were near the bottom of the League, but we could all see things were heading in the right direction and it was no shock that, once Porter got fit, we flew up the table.

There's been no sign of progress or a plan, and performances appear to be getting worse. I'm quite neutral about sacking him - I'd lose no sleep if he went tomorrow but I'm not too fussed that he stays. That's probably due to the fact I know he's going nowhere so no point getting too worked up about it...

32 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Agree. I always use Sheridan 2006 as a prime example of this. We lost our first few games and were near the bottom of the League, but we could all see things were heading in the right direction and it was no shock that, once Porter got fit, we flew up the table.

There's been no sign of progress or a plan, and performances appear to be getting worse. I'm quite neutral about sacking him - I'd lose no sleep if he went tomorrow but I'm not too fussed that he stays. That's probably due to the fact I know he's going nowhere so no point getting too worked up about it...

You keep saying he's going nowhere and inclined to agree with you, however, everyone has their breaking point and if worse case we lose say the next 4 or 5 games, I can't believe the Rothwell's won't step in and tell the Royles regardless of their friendship he has to go. After all, it's their investment that will suffer if we get relegated.

20 minutes ago, PeteG said:

You keep saying he's going nowhere and inclined to agree with you, however, everyone has their breaking point and if worse case we lose say the next 4 or 5 games, I can't believe the Rothwell's won't step in and tell the Royles regardless of their friendship he has to go. After all, it's their investment that will suffer if we get relegated.

They'll pick up a couple of wins over the next 5 or 6 games and everything will be fine. He's said his remit was to keep Oldham in the Vauxhall Conference and they'll have no problems staying up. He's on a 3 year deal, they won't be sacking him. I'm convinced Unsworth will be here longer than Mr Rothwell Snr...

6 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

They'll pick up a couple of wins over the next 5 or 6 games and everything will be fine. He's said his remit was to keep Oldham in the Vauxhall Conference and they'll have no problems staying up. He's on a 3 year deal, they won't be sacking him. I'm convinced Unsworth will be here longer than Mr Rothwell Snr...

Well i agree that Rothwell Snr won't be around in 3 years time

20 hours ago, PeteG said:

Well i agree that Rothwell Snr won't be around in 3 years time

His kids Luke and Sue and their partners seem to be the ones driving this, it's probably quite a clever move using Frank as the focus but I wouldn't look too much in to the role Frank is playing it's very much a family affair, Alan Hardy appears to be having a bit more involvement as well on a day to day basis, not everyone's cup of tea but it's another sign the club is moving forwards.

On 11/15/2022 at 4:10 PM, Lee Sinnott said:

That's probably due to the fact I know he's going nowhere so no point getting too worked up about it...

You know? 

Or.

You think? 

If you know- then your privy to things I’m not. 

If you think- then you’re back to ‘we should finish top 3 in league two’ (with no strikers) territory. We got relegated if you remember. 😉

I agree Frank may/will pass it on in time, but the idea we will continually back a losing manager is for the birds. 
Imagine the pissboil if he’s won 2 in 20? It would be untenable. 

2 hours ago, League one forever said:

You know? 

Or.

You think? 

If you know- then your privy to things I’m not. 

If you think- then you’re back to ‘we should finish top 3 in league two’ (with no strikers) territory. We got relegated if you remember. 😉

I agree Frank may/will pass it on in time, but the idea we will continually back a losing manager is for the birds. 
Imagine the pissboil if he’s won 2 in 20? It would be untenable. 

Well, his family were saying at the Chester game that he's had assurances that he's got at least 18 months...

5 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Well, his family were saying at the Chester game that he's had assurances that he's got at least 18 months...

You kept that quiet. 😂

I’m sticking to my view, promises are made all the time in football, and I can understand why they have said that to him- because they’ve gone balls deep on him. But another 2 months of this shite and he’ll be gone. 

2 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

You will get at least 18 months, but not if you continue to not win football matches . If we fail to win in our next 5, he’s gone. I’d give him the next two games personally. 

And how long the next guy?

• Matt unfeatured this topic

Archived