MATCH: vs Barnet (H) 12/11/22

1 minute ago, Yorkyp65 said:

I don't like berating the manager as the players in the club are terrible but with ten minutes to go and1-0 down we take Abrahams off and leave a clearly hobbling Fondop on and hoof the ball up to him .This is unforgivable. A couple of seasons ago York City kept saying we are too good to go down and did nothing to halt the slide .A couple of seasons in the national league north followed .We are in for a culture shock next season going to places like Farsley Celtic and Bradford park avenue. 

Yep. I saw Fondop get injured during half time warm ups. 

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Lukers1 said:

I’m fortunate to be able to sponsor the club as I have my own business and as a fan with times are hard I’ll still put money into the club when I could spend it on my family.

It’s all about opinions, that’s why it makes this forum epic. The back room staff is top heavy, I like David, I’ve spoken to him quite a bit and he’s devastated, he’s human. I didn’t mean to be condescending to my fellow posters, he’s been backed but something is clearly wrong, hence why we are sniping at each other. The club bought into DU and he’s been given a free reign and times not on his side. No one ever thought on the day of the Dorking match we’d be in the bottom 4 after the pomp and ceremony, this league as we were warned had bitten us all on the ass.

One flaw is that it’s a massive step below from the Everton academy and we can’t simply move that set up into the armpit of football, we are being found out.

DU needs help and fast, hence why I suggested an experienced number two who knows this league. If that means they all walk; then so be it, no one is bigger than the club and with this squad we should be sat safely in midtable.

Fair enough mate, I think we're all frustrated and have different ways of expressing it. I've not seen any success in all the 26 years I've supported the club and I'm at the end of my tether and close to jacking it in tbh. Didn't mean to be a wanker 👍

We have an autistic foster child staying with us at the moment and he's a mad Man Utd fan but I talked him into jumping on the new owners bandwagon and we got a season ticket each .At the start he absolutely loved it but after today he said he doesn't want to go again .I hope after a few days he will reconsider but i will have to convince him that most of the crowd there today will be feeling exactly the same .

Bearing in mind Unsworth on his own earns more than Shez and Tommy combined this could prove to be a hell of a costly mistake.The biggest worry is he’s actually made us worse and we play 20 yards too deep,hence why our build up play is so labored.If this continues the board will have a rather big decision to make.

17 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

This squad should not be bottom four of the conference! Can’t believe we are in this position. 

I know that football isn't played on paper, but looking at the squad and their CV's I completely agree that it should not be in the bottom four or anywhere near it.  That's even bearing in mind the deadwood that's also in the squad.

Add this to the fact that the board has brought in new signings on the pitch and the coaching infrastructure off it and the buck has to stop with Unsworth.  Short term and proving that he has the chops to be a manager is his number one priority for the foreseeable future.

I'm genuinely gutted that it's going so wrong at the moment.  After so many years of the off-field nonsense undermining the on-field matters, we finally get things in place and the performances on the pitch go completely and utterly wrong.

37 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

I was absolutely over the moon with the takeover and ended my lengthy attendance boycott immediately it was announced. I`ve watched football for a long time and it's clear Unsworth is not up to managing. I accept Shez was not for the medium/long term but we have subsequently appointed the wrong man for the job.

Mr Rothwell, nobody likes a manager merry-go-round but you're going to have to ruffle a few feathers and dispense with Unsworth ASAP. Peter Clarke's here now - negotiate with him/his club and let him cut his teeth in management. Unsworth is a disaster and it's so plain to see. We need action sooner rather than later, otherwise the unthinkable may become reality.

Ye, let's gove it to someone with absolutely zero management experience. Ridiculous 

On another note, Gardner should never wear the shirt again. Add him to that list

5 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Ye, let's gove it to someone with absolutely zero management experience. Ridiculous 

On another note, Gardner should never wear the shirt again. Add him to that list

In my opinion, Clarke would make an excellent manager. You still advocate sticking with Unsworth? Seriously?

I think we all heading towards the same page on Unsworth - even his own signings don't seem to be onboard. 

Couple of notable mentions today:

Tolitt - why does he never pass left, when there's a team mate in oceans of space? Utterly bizarre..

Gardner - I'm a fan, but the two free kicks into the box in his cameo are a fairly distinctive sign of where he's at in his career, I think...

I actually quite like Sheron and Fondop. Abrahams seemed well up for it on his debut, but just two weeks later it's like the club's drained the life out of him. 

The rest, I'm not sure how much of a future they have in the game...

19 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I know that football isn't played on paper, but looking at the squad and their CV's I completely agree that it should not be in the bottom four or anywhere near it.  That's even bearing in mind the deadwood that's also in the squad.

Add this to the fact that the board has brought in new signings on the pitch and the coaching infrastructure off it and the buck has to stop with Unsworth.  Short term and proving that he has the chops to be a manager is his number one priority for the foreseeable future.

I'm genuinely gutted that it's going so wrong at the moment.  After so many years of the off-field nonsense undermining the on-field matters, we finally get things in place and the performances on the pitch go completely and utterly wrong.

I'm wondering if DU is thinking he and his coaching team aren't actually cut out for this level of football and return back to managing under 21s?

2 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

In my opinion, Clarke would make an excellent manager. You still advocate sticking with Unsworth? Seriously?

The point being, Clarke has no managerial experience and, add to that he is a defender himself and I suspect the outcome would be little different. As shit as it is, Unsworth is going to have to make it right otherwise his fledgling career as a manager will stall at the first attempt.

Fuck knows how we get out of this, there is no quick-fix that's for sure but he has to desist with one up front, it just doesn't work and if he can't see that then he might as well pack it in now.

Those on Twitter calling Barnet a "tinpot" club would do well to remember they were in the FL not so long ago and were recently only saved from relegation to NLS due to the Covid pandemic fucking up the season. Things could have been so different for them. 

Biggest problem I have with the 'management team' is there inability to change anything out on the pitch, they must give the players instruction and they go out there and stick to it almost religiously, problem is the other dugout just out think us, very quickly today you could see Barnet commit four men to attack everytime they picked up the ball two wide men and two through the middle which kept our defence tucked up, we are so slow to transition it's painful to watch - other teams are back in our defensive third in no time almost unchallenged whereas we very rarely get over the half way line and are almost too scared to commit anyone forward, as has been said we go out not to lose but invariably end up doing just that and are shit to watch in the process, we are now becoming an embarrassment yet still haven't brought one quality midfielder to the club all season.

Oh and Haughton bagged again today.

47 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Fair enough mate, I think we're all frustrated and have different ways of expressing it. I've not seen any success in all the 26 years I've supported the club and I'm at the end of my tether and close to jacking it in tbh. Didn't mean to be a wanker 👍

We all want the same sir, never once did I think of you as a wanker, it’s all up for debate.

We all need to stick together, fans and club alike, we find ourselves in a perilous position .😐 

16 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I think we all heading towards the same page on Unsworth - even his own signings don't seem to be onboard. 

Couple of notable mentions today:

Tolitt - why does he never pass left, when there's a team mate in oceans of space? Utterly bizarre..

Gardner - I'm a fan, but the two free kicks into the box in his cameo are a fairly distinctive sign of where he's at in his career, I think...

I actually quite like Sheron and Fondop. Abrahams seemed well up for it on his debut, but just two weeks later it's like the club's drained the life out of him. 

The rest, I'm not sure how much of a future they have in the game...

His own signings haven't all really had the time to gel together and playing Abraham on his own up front is never going to work. I don't buy into this idea of our club being some kind of jinx on players. We have a bloated squad of average to below average players, sprinkled with a few decent ones. Somehow, the club has got to find a way to offload them and bring in more of a decent calibre.

On paper, I was happy with the appointment. I want it to work. The backroom staff seemed spot on too. It's absolutely wank though and saying that we should give him time doesn't make necessarily make you a more level headed fan. We're shit and are getting shitter. There was enough in this squad not to be as shit as we were when he took over. He's signed more than half a team since he's been here. 

As with most fans, signs of improvement would buy a manager my time. There's been none. Something's gonna have to give either way in the next few games. We're going down without a change or improvement. 3 or 4 more games with the same story and he's going to have to go. It's shit and we can't afford to go down again; irrespective of how much we all want stability.

1 hour ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

No need to apologise for being frustrated. I’ve personally not consciously seen us finish above 15th! I was young when we made the playoffs. It’s annoying and people asking for patience doesn’t help when I’ve been patient for far to long. 

2 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

On paper, I was happy with the appointment. I want it to work. The backroom staff seemed spot on too. It's absolutely wank though and saying that we should give him time doesn't make necessarily make you a more level headed fan. We're shit and are getting shitter. There was enough in this squad not to be as shit as we were when he took over. He's signed more than half a team since he's been here. 

As with most fans, signs of improvement would buy a manager my time. There's been none. Something's gonna have to give either way in the next few games. We're going down without a change or improvement. 3 or 4 more games with the same story and he's going to have to go. It's shit and we can't afford to go down again; irrespective of how much we all want stability.

Spot on. 

35 minutes ago, Wardie said:

The point being, Clarke has no managerial experience and, add to that he is a defender himself and I suspect the outcome would be little different. As shit as it is, Unsworth is going to have to make it right otherwise his fledgling career as a manager will stall at the first attempt.

Fuck knows how we get out of this, there is no quick-fix that's for sure but he has to desist with one up front, it just doesn't work and if he can't see that then he might as well pack it in now.

Those on Twitter calling Barnet a "tinpot" club would do well to remember they were in the FL not so long ago and were recently only saved from relegation to NLS due to the Covid pandemic fucking up the season. Things could have been so different for them. 

John Dreyer who was Dino's assistant here is at Barnet now. I think AL made a big mistake letting them go when I thought the seeds of a decent team were emerging.

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

John Dreyer who was Dino's assistant here is at Barnet now. I think AL made a big mistake letting them go when I thought the seeds of a decent team were emerging.

Totally agree, I was shocked when he was shown the door.

39 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Biggest problem I have with the 'management team' is there inability to change anything out on the pitch, they must give the players instruction and they go out there and stick to it almost religiously, problem is the other dugout just out think us, very quickly today you could see Barnet commit four men to attack everytime they picked up the ball two wide men and two through the middle which kept our defence tucked up, we are so slow to transition it's painful to watch - other teams are back in our defensive third in no time almost unchallenged whereas we very rarely get over the half way line and are almost too scared to commit anyone forward, as has been said we go out not to lose but invariably end up doing just that and are shit to watch in the process, we are now becoming an embarrassment yet still haven't brought one quality midfielder to the club all season.

Oh and Haughton bagged again today.

And there's always an opposition midfielder with acres of room to operate, today it was Barnet's number 8.

Why is this lack of closing down continuing?

Bobbins again

Unfortunately I reckon Unsworth's near enough in last chance saloon. We've some tricky fixtures coming up and if he doesn't add a couple of wins by NY and achieve what would be 3 from 18 or 19 fixtures then we'll have no option but to cut losses

The need would be for seasoned firefighter to come in

Until then Unsworth has some quietish weeks to work on the training ground with his reshaped squad and so the run to Christmas will be telling on that front too. 6 weeks to sink or swim 🧐

Archived