Unsworth

4 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Plenty being soft as shit. Grown man tells grown man to fuck off. Nothing in it

😂 Dear me. 

Do you talk to the man street the same as you do to a customer? Er, no. 

It’s a professional manager who can’t take being told by a fan ‘Zero shots on target’ 

8 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Plenty gets twisted every time he speaks

Wrong again. 

There’s only one man who runs and sulks after defeat - instead of doing interviews. 

Theres only one man who contradicts himself literally every time he speaks. 

Theres only one man whose stop doing pre match interviews. 

There’s only one man getting precious in the press and calling fans out. 

There’s only one man can hack being told zero shots without reacting. 

12 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Nobody is saying he shouldn't cop stick

Riiiight. But that completely contradicts what you’ve said though. If he should expect stick- then why react to it?

Either he accepts it’s not good enough, or he thinks we are all cunts for having the temerity to criticise. 

Which one is it? 

15 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

He can tell whoever he wants to fuck off if he's getting personal abuse, crack on

Agreed, but if 5, 10, 15 people shout random personal abuse at him- (which is wrong) what’s he going to do, react to everybody individually- while he’s supposed to be watching the game. It’s nonsense. 

18 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Fans been lost anyway up to now, he's interested in trying to win matches not have the Fans love him.

Yeah, and whose fault is that? 

I don’t give a toss if he’s a nice guy, but wins football matches with some regularity. But he can’t do that either. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, League one forever said:

😂 Dear me. 

It’s a professional manager who can’t take being told by a fan ‘Zero shots on target’ 

Wrong again. 

There’s only one man who runs and sulks after defeat - instead of doing interviews. 

Riiiight. But that completely contradicts what you’ve said though. If he should expect stick- then why react to it?

Either he accepts it’s not good enough, or he thinks we are all cunts for having the temerity to criticise. 

Which one is it? 

Agreed, but if 5, 10, 15 people shout random personal abuse at him- (which is wrong) what’s he going to do, react to everybody individually- while he’s supposed to be watching the game. It’s nonsense. 

I don’t give a toss if he’s a nice guy, but wins football matches with some regularity. But he can’t do that either. 

If Claire thinks he’s a cunt and she likes everyone !

7 hours ago, Steve_R said:

People always look on games in hand as a positive, but if we lose our game in hand over Gateshead on Tuesday, they’ll actually go above us and we’ll be back in the bottom four.

in our case games in hand could turn out to be a bad thing.

Two in the hand is worth shit on the pitch

Weird world. Years ago if a bloke in the pub had said the manager's gone he'd have been asked how he knew and been told to stop being a dick when he answered that t=he'd just made it up.  Now the same bloke takes five seconds to put it on twitter and it somehow becomes credible.

Edited by Dave_Og
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, League one forever said:

😂 Dear me. 

Wasn't just told zero shots on target. Got dogs abuse. No matter what line of work you're in if you have that crowd of people giving you abuse nobody is going to expect a different reaction. It's not like he has one customer on the phone asking why a refund hasn't gone in is it. 

Wrong again. 

He said Harry Vaughan should have tracked back. That got twisted into all sorts.

He said in post match interview the pitch is a leveller. That was twisted into him blaming the pitch 

Because its human nature

Which one is it? 

You can't accept it isn't good enough without being willing to be called a fat cunt at the same time

22 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Wasn't just told zero shots on target. Got dogs abuse. No matter what line of work you're in if you have that crowd of people giving you abuse nobody is going to expect a different reaction. It's not like he has one customer on the phone asking why a refund hasn't gone in is it. 

He said Harry Vaughan should have tracked back. That got twisted into all sorts.

He said in post match interview the pitch is a leveller. That was twisted into him blaming the pitch 

Because its human nature

You can't accept it isn't good enough without being willing to be called a fat cunt at the same time

Are you David? On one end you have people who are Unsworth out and he can do no right, I will give you that (I admittedly fall into this group). Likewise, on the other end you seem to back him no matter what, which is equally as blind sighted. 
To me, he’s a football manager and he has to win games. If he’s not winning, then he has to be improving. He’s had so much backing, the most I’ve seen in years. I don’t buy into the squad is not good enough, you could put a squad together of players who have been promoted from this league and certainly those who have played higher for most their careers. 
He is tactically inept, he’s not shown signs of any on field improvement, he he’s made no attempt of having a connection with the fans - quite the opposite and his win ratio is nothing short of dross. Get out the club and move on. 

• Like 7

40 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Are you David? On one end you have people who are Unsworth out and he can do no right, I will give you that (I admittedly fall into this group). Likewise, on the other end you seem to back him no matter what, which is equally as blind sighted. 
To me, he’s a football manager and he has to win games. If he’s not winning, then he has to be improving. He’s had so much backing, the most I’ve seen in years. I don’t buy into the squad is not good enough, you could put a squad together of players who have been promoted from this league and certainly those who have played higher for most their careers. 
He is tactically inept, he’s not shown signs of any on field improvement, he he’s made no attempt of having a connection with the fans - quite the opposite and his win ratio is nothing short of dross. Get out the club and move on. 

Amen

58 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I've said about twenty times he should be sacked. Just bores me seeing people twist words and what's happened and spout absolute shite. 

3 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

The lad who did it - posted on here. 

Unsy reacted to

‘Unsworth, zero shots on target!’

Fuck off. 

That’s how it went according to him. 

You keep conflating dogs abuse, which I’ve said is wrong, with reasonable criticism- which you accept he shouldn’t be above. 

So, to clarify. 

Personal dogs abuse is wrong. 

But if someone shouts-

Not good enough Unsworth or Zero shots on target. Does that warrant telling your own fans to fuck off?? 

He singled out Harry Vaughan- and funnily enough he never played for him again. That’s not twisting anything- that’s what happened. 

He did say it was a leveller but why bring it up? We don’t don’t play on the deck, and it’s a league game. Not a giant club against a minnow. It was more nonsense, again I’m not twisting what he said. I’m questioning its validity. 

Two different things.

He hasn’t once shown any humility, he blames everything before himself- and takes no accountability. But, I do understand that if you’re getting personal abuse it must be very difficult to be rationale. 

Edited by League one forever
  • Like 2

We can't stop you abusing Undsworth, but we can stop you abusing each other. Please be kind, it's a tough time and we all want what's best for the club. Heated exchanges and differing opinions are one thing, outright childish insults are another.

And we all know I hate moderating shit, so be nice!

Ta. 

• Like 1

More on FuckoffGate.

LaticMarc, in t'other thread,   says he heard it all:

"The supporter, who sits near me, was the first to swear saying "fuck off, Unsworth, zero shots" in a loud voice. Unsworth clearly heard, turned in the direction of the supporter and said "you fuck off". This led to a few more expletives from said supporter and a few more "zero shots" comments."

Just sayin like.     For me  "Man swears at football match" must be the biggest non story of all time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Punce said:

More on FuckoffGate.

LaticMarc, in t'other thread,   says he heard it all:

"The supporter, who sits near me, was the first to swear saying "fuck off, Unsworth, zero shots" in a loud voice. Unsworth clearly heard, turned in the direction of the supporter and said "you fuck off". This led to a few more expletives from said supporter and a few more "zero shots" comments."

Just sayin like.     For me  "Man swears at football match" must be the biggest non story of all time.

Not that it matters, but one of the two are telling porky pies.

1 minute ago, JohnnyPimp said:

What I cannot get my head around, is how a bloke who has spent his whole life in and around professional football, can seemingly be so inept at deploying tactics, man management and fan engagement.

🤷‍♂️

You and most of us

It's not like he's been playing at pub team level is it?

6 minutes ago, JohnnyPimp said:

What I cannot get my head around, is how a bloke who has spent his whole life in and around professional football, can seemingly be so inept at deploying tactics, man management and fan engagement.

🤷‍♂️

The Everton fans may be able to tell you.

3 hours ago, JohnnyPimp said:

🤷‍♂️

I know where you’re coming from. 

But he’s not the first bloke to be looked after by his club when his playing days over, and then when given the chance to fly- failed miserably.

He had no pressure on results at Everton, and could mess around with tactics because it didn’t matter. Plus he only had to deal with expectant parents, not the baying crowd. 

We can go on and on about it, but ultimately he’s actions and words suggest he doesn’t have the acumen or emotional intelligence- when it actually matters. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, League one forever said:

I know where you’re coming from. 

But he’s not the first bloke to be looked after by his club when his playing days over, and then when given the chance to fly- failed miserably.

He had no pressure on results at Everton, and could mess around with tactics because it didn’t matter. Plus he only had to deal with expectant parents, not the baying crowd. 

We can go on and on about it, but ultimately he’s actions and words suggest he doesn’t have the acumen or emotional intelligence- when it actually matters. 

Not to mention his complete arrogance,no humility, can never blame himself,and complete lack of rapport with our long suffering loyal fans.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, JohnnyPimp said:

🤷‍♂️

Nooooobody gives a flying fuck about fan engagement. If he was the nicest guy ever and we were performing like this everyone would still want him gone.

Also if he was on video practicing volleying cats over the main stand and telling old ladies to fuck off before each game but we were in the playoff places nobody would want him gone

Results is ALL that has ever mattered

• Like 1