Unsworth

17 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Nooooobody gives a flying fuck about fan engagement. If he was the nicest guy ever and we were performing like this everyone would still want him gone.

Also if he was on video practicing volleying cats over the main stand and telling old ladies to fuck off before each game but we were in the playoff places nobody would want him gone

Results is ALL that has ever mattered

I can guarantee if he was volleying cats (or any animal) he could win the Champions League and I’d want him publicly eviscerated and hung from the floodlight pylons 

3 minutes ago, dannyboy55555 said:

Correct. Back from the edge i think. That said his post match interview was still delusional. Like we'd won the league.

Not sure back from the edge. Before last night, we had lost 1 league game in 5. He was never going anywhere. Agree on post match comments - very strange...

10 hours ago, kowenicki said:

2nd half saved his job. If we’d lost tonight the sections of the crowd would have been after him. Half time was quite a brutal reaction.  

Accidently dropping on the Rooney- Gardner combination which provided more attacking intent may well have saved his job. I just wonder if Shelton will be brought straight back if he's fit for the next game and we will revert back to the first half performance?

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Accidently dropping on the Rooney- Gardner combination which provided more attacking intent may well have saved his job. I just wonder if Shelton will be brought straight back if he's fit for tge next game and we will revert back to the first half performance?

Well it's only two weeks ago people were saying Shelton is what we've been missing all season...

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Hasn't done much, nor did he in the first half. 

He went off after only 16 minutes. I thought he had a decent game against York. Not so much against Aldershot but the ball was permanently sailing over his head.

29 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Well it's only two weeks ago people were saying Shelton is what we've been missing all season...

Play him right back in most games, centre mid with Sheron if Gardner doesn't suit / isn't 100%. 

36 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

He went off after only 16 minutes. I thought he had a decent game against York. Not so much against Aldershot but the ball was permanently sailing over his head.

The midfield was far more pacy after Shelton went off, DU has stumbled upon this and hope he realises that's what's required in future 

36 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

The midfield was far more pacy after Shelton went off, DU has stumbled upon this and hope he realises that's what's required in future 

Another one saying stumbled. He could have put Chapman on, even Timmy wide and brought Rooney in. Instead he put on a lad whose barely played. Lets give him credit. 

From his interview post match it seems he's had Rooney and Gardner training hard and having to work to get into the side. From what I hear that isn't what Rooney did at his last club. Good signs that he's able to get players showing a good attitude to things.

Perhaps why those who have been bombed out have been bombed out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

I don't agree, Gardner didn't provide pace just a different mind set, he was more positive than Shelton but that could of been more to do with Unsworths instructions than players ability, I certainly wouldn't be either writing Shelton off or proclaiming the next coming of Dan Gardner on an hours football from last night.

34 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I don't agree, Gardner didn't provide pace just a different mind set, he was more positive than Shelton but that could of been more to do with Unsworths instructions than players ability, I certainly wouldn't be either writing Shelton off or proclaiming the next coming of Dan Gardner on an hours football from last night.

Pace of thought. He doesn't need to check the balls still there before he passes it as he can play.

I am worried he'll be out injured again very soon and we are back to square one. Hopefully he's come back 100%.

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

This.

People missing the fact Gardner gave the ball away quite a bit last night for some inexplicable reason. one was s suicidal pass that we were lucky wasn’t converted by Dag.

Ironically, the best goal of the evening came from an awful attempted cross from Gardner that was easily cleared. Luckily it fell straight to Sheron. 

48 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

This.

People missing the fact Gardner gave the ball away quite a bit last night for some inexplicable reason. one was s suicidal pass that we were lucky wasn’t converted by Dag.

Ironically, the best goal of the evening came from an awful attempted cross from Gardner that was easily cleared. Luckily it fell straight to Sheron. 

Chapman and Shelton have no drive, hence the  previous pedestrian midfield performances. At least when Gardner is fit he shows zest and ups the tempo.

He makes mistakes, but we have previously had players frightened of making mistakes - leaving us with  a negative team.

Gardner and Rooney changed that last night for the better.

I get you don't like Gardner and relish posting his faults, but praise for changing the game last night should be acknowledged.

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 4