Unsworth

20 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Opinions on games are infinitely more valuable when they come from people who were there .

The modern notion that everyone's opinion is equally valid and valuable is utter, utter bollocks.

Most conspiracy theories are even bigger bollocks.

There were some seriously weird results last weekend. Hands up who thought Wrexham and Notts County would both concede five and Barnsley would score seven having lost a striker that most of their fans wanted to keep.

It's absolute Garbage isn't it. What people like that fail to grasp is that within a debate certain arguements are stronger than others and carry more evidence and are more aligned to reality.

One of the paradox's of social media is while it has given everyone a platform to speak its also created a world where people will find their own evidence to suit their opinion, rather than looking at the evidence then forming an opinion based on that.

Edited by GlossopLatic

On 8/12/2023 at 10:36 AM, Guy Branston Pickle said:

There was an upturn in performances last season, no doubt. When the pressure was off. But people are entitled to have concerns after last weeks performance. It wasn't just a hiccup, it was one of the most pathetic displays I've seen from any Oldham side. A lot of people, myself included, are doubtful he can take us to the next level. With the Norwood signing, automatic promotion should be the aim.

The pressure was very much on us and the manager at the turn of the year, we were staring down the barrell of regional football and the manager was coming very much under pressure from the stands, thats when results turned we got better from that point. So you're wrong to suggest that results only got better when the pressure was off.

Last week was concerning no doubt but not enough on enough to shift the needle to suggest we wouldn't be pushing for promotion this season. Yesterday's result doesn't mean we are going to walk the league either. We probably won't beat too many teams by 4 goals very often, we will also have more bumps in the road and games where we underperform, wouldn't be surprised if our form was up and down for the first month or 2 of the season. But overall since the turn off the year we have been going in the right direction, and come the end of the season the numbers in W column are going to far outweigh the numbers in the L column. 

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

It's absolute Garbage isn't it. What people like that fail to grasp is that within a debate certain arguements are stronger than others and carry more evidence and are more aligned to reality.

One of the paradox's of social media is while it has given everyone a platform to speak its also created a world where people will find their own evidence to suit their opinion, rather than looking at the evidence then forming an opinion based on that.

Just because I found it funny…

https://x.com/jdgefc/status/1689736363308916736?s=61&t=QJd5i4Srur3A9h3awhcDsA 

l'm starting to think he isn't aware of about 5% of stuff he says bc he's tryna fill a silence with a general idea. sometimes the wrong word or impression comes out/accross as he is either excitedly or nervously or angrily tryin to articulate himself.

like Sir Bobby Robson(pbuh), Martin O'Neill, Jackie Charlton sometimes do/did.

Come on, most of us would have picked that team, Green back for Tollitt and Lundstrom back will improve things. Didn’t mind a straight swap of Fondop for Nuttall, I might have brought Gardner on to provide creativity probably for Shelton, he can often disappoint though. That’s on the players tonight, they couldn’t work out how to break down a well organised unit, thought Halifax were a decent team

45 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Come on, most of us would have picked that team, Green back for Tollitt and Lundstrom back will improve things. Didn’t mind a straight swap of Fondop for Nuttall, I might have brought Gardner on to provide creativity probably for Shelton, he can often disappoint though. That’s on the players tonight, they couldn’t work out how to break down a well organised unit, thought Halifax were a decent team

That’’s kind of the point though isn’t it? Anyone could have picked that starting line up but the Manager is paid to figure out what to do if things aren’t working out…that’s where they earn a big part of their money

Unsworth and Ebrell appear to have no idea what to do which makes them no more a football manager than you or me

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

That’’s kind of the point though isn’t it? Anyone could have picked that starting line up but the Manager is paid to figure out what to do if things aren’t working out…that’s where they earn a big part of their money

Unsworth and Ebrell appear to have no idea what to do which makes them no more a football manager than you or me

100%.Managers select the team and tactics and game plans.

Unsworth and his assistant are two feckin duckles.  They have had long enough now to show something.  Too many happy clappers yet again when it’s clear to the eye these boys haven’t a clue. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

What was it about this 442 with 4 defenders, 4 midfielders and 2 strikers that made it the wrong 442

Nothing wrong with 442 but the point I'm making is that  the 4 in midfield  were soon sort out by the opposition and should have been changed by Unsworth. They were out played and Unsworth  should have have made changes .No service at all to our strikers and dropped back for their first which was just waiting to be taken advantage  off.

Technically tonight was more 442 than Saturday. Saturday was more 4222 with tollit and Dickenson as almost two wide attacking midfielders. Tonight was more rigid with those 2 predominantly staying wide. Anyway it doesn't matter because, believe it or not, formation isn't the only thing that makes a team good or bad...

• Like 1

Just listened to D.U.

He doesn't live in my world.Tonight we were shite.He says we created loads of chances. Well I didn't see them.

We had no midfield again. Yes we have injuries so why not just admit it.

First half we were crap so why not try something different and bring on fresh players. He always waits till we go behind.Why can't He ever do something positive.This man is clueless and has to go.

• Like 2