Who's next after Unsworth walks?

16 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

He was asked by Matt and Andy on the podcast the other week what attributes he had that made him their man. I listened to it 3 or 4 times and I'm still not sure Royle answered the question...

They didnt exactly push him though,

I enjoyed it but it was hardly an LBC drilling of a politician, virtually every question suggested on Twitter (that they had asked for) wasnt asked 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

They didnt exactly push him though,

I enjoyed it but it was hardly an LBC drilling of a politician, virtually every question suggested on Twitter (that they had asked for) wasnt asked 

Are you talking about the Royle interview or the interview that the phone-in did with Unsworth...?

19 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Are you talking about the Royle interview or the interview that the phone-in did with Unsworth...?

The Unsworth one, but Royle wasnt exactly put under pressure either 

I appreciate i was answering the question with the wrong interview!

24 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

An alcoholic Rick Holden?

No thanks 

I don’t necessarily think he literally meant all of them. More of a “for example…”

I’d certainly have Ritchie and Redfearn ahead of the incumbent 

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

I’m starting to worry how bad things will have to get before they make a change. 

I suspect that what a few have said on here may turn out to be true i.e. we have gone in so deep, so quickly with the "ex-Everton" crew that it's almost impossible to pull the plug (and certainly not without handing out a pile of cash to people who don't deserve it). I suspect DU will be kept on this season and I do think we'll avoid relegation (simply because we'll keep on acquiring players in silly numbers and some combination or other of them will keep us up - i.e. more by desperation/chance in player numbers rather than via any particular coaching/management skill applied).

However, come the end of the season when we have survived BUT had to put up with the playing dross Latics are providing in a dire league, I think season ticket sales will plummet and the owners will finally realise DU has no future. 

The owners now know that they have the wrong man but, obviously, trusted what they were told. A 3 year contract looks a nightmare at this moment in time (particularly if that has been replicated with others he brought with him). 

The utterly dreadful performances under DU have spoiled what should have been a joyous time for us.

2 hours ago, wiseowl said:

I do think we'll avoid relegation (simply because we'll keep on acquiring players in silly numbers and some combination or other of them will keep us up - i.e. more by desperation/chance in player numbers rather than via any particular coaching/management skill applied).

I’m convinced he’ll take us down if he stays. 

10 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Don't think it will ever get that bad but my concern is that he leads us to an 18th placed finish and everyone says how well he's done to keep us up.

My man and podcast guru @BPAS(Andy, not Matt) reliably informs me that Unsworth will leave us for a higher club in 3 years time after taking us back to League One. I'm awaiting evidence to back it up but he's convinced...

3 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Don't think it will ever get that bad but my concern is that he leads us to an 18th placed finish and everyone says how well he's done to keep us up.

My man and podcast guru @BPAS(Andy, not Matt) reliably informs me that Unsworth will leave us for a higher club in 3 years time after taking us back to League One. I'm awaiting evidence to back it up but he's convinced...

I've no doubt his 'zen-ness' is wearing thin.

14 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

if we finish 18th he needs sacking.

I feel Latics will avoid the drop, as some of the teams currently at the top have done so in the past. Unsworth is attempting to replace practically the whole team, which is a huge task whilst attempting to get any kind of stability and cohesion within the playing squad. Like some others, I am convinced the investment and faith placed in the new set-up will not be casually tossed aside in the hope that yet another new manager will do the business. We're going through this to the nail biting season's end, in my opinion.

If he did go, I wouldn't lose any sleep, that's for sure.
Just can't see it happening.

been dragged back in by welcome to wrexham and their fans trett Parkinson like we treat Rhino. at least with us Rhino is unproven.

theyre so inbred.

theres also an episode where their mob twatted one of their own fans on his own absolute scum. the lad who got folded could only say 'l hope it doesnt scare off Rob n Ryan.'

thats altuism if ever l saw it.

25 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

😳 I honestly don’t know what people are seeing- The evidence is overwhelming. 

All you get in debate is- give him time, or wait till he’s gets his own players in. 

To get time - you need to win a few or show something, anything-  that things are improving. They’re not. 

He’s got his own players- and the performances are exactly the same as the ‘they’re not good enough lot’. 

People can’t make reasoned argument for keeping him- because there isn’t one. 

12 minutes ago, League one forever said:

All you get in debate is- give him time, or wait till he’s gets his own players in. 

To get time - you need to win a few or show something, anything-  that things are improving. They’re not. 

He’s got his own players- and the performances are exactly the same as the ‘they’re not good enough lot’. 

Yes we know, you’ve made the same point a hundred times….you needn’t keep repeating it!!

13 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Give it a few more games, iffy performances against Gateshead and Torquay, and back to back thrashings from Notts County will see him off. I’m sure of it. 

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Bang on! We keep him we are down! No question a new manger will shoot us up the league! We are in deep deep trouble, with unworthy. He is clueless! This team has potential but we are slowly rotting. 

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Yes we know, you’ve made the same point a hundred times….you needn’t keep repeating it!!

Here he is. FFS. 😁

I honestly wish I didn’t have to 55, but  people like you can’t give me or anyone else with a similar view a reasoned argument for keeping him.  

Here’s my view for sacking him- just in case you missed it. 

He took over with new owners, who have given everything he wanted. 

He took over a club in 14th we’re now second bottom. 

He’s won 1 in 13.

We set up in every game not to lose. 

We hardly score. 

He publicly slated the players he inherited, and now publicly slate’s his own signings. 

He plays different formations, and the performance and result never changes. 

He’s been given fantastic backing on signings with no upturn in results. 

No matter which 11 of the 40 at the club start; the performance and therefore result never changes. Which means we’ve either got 40 shit players, or they’ve stopped listening. 

He talks nonsense in interviews- my favourite being that during the week everything is going well, and when we lose again- he’s not surprised. 

He hasn’t improved one player. 

We haven’t had one good 90 minutes. 

He buys players, and then plays them out of position. 

Those are off the top of my head, I could go on.

Your view has been - you’re ok with losing for a while yet, or in 12 months we’ll all look back and see we were being overly negative. The first one is bizarre, and the second is guesswork. 

If you want to keep him because you are hoping that stability will eventually pay off- fine. But hope isn’t enough is it. Otherwise he gets a completely free pass, where losing is irrelevant because we’re hoping he’ll eventually come good. Which of course is nonsensical because it’s based on nothing. 

So what are you currently watching that justifies your hope??? 

8 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Give it a few more games, iffy performances against Gateshead and Torquay, and back to back thrashings from Notts County will see him off. I’m sure of it. 

He's tomorrow night to contend with first, 

Not looking like we'll be out of the bottom 4 come Boxing day, lose heavily at Bore-ham and that could be that.

Archived