Who's next after Unsworth walks?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fans  were chanting for Sherridan but as much as I supported Shez I feel that we must now search round at this level for managers who can get the best from what they have.Up to now that means any of the teams managers bar Yeovil.

These players are under performing and that has to be up to Unsworth.His record is a disaster and if he had any  pride he would resign and walk.There is no bond at all between the fans and him as there should be.

10 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

The fans  were chanting for Sherridan but as much as I supported Shez I feel that we must now search round at this level for managers who can get the best from what they have.Up to now that means any of the teams managers bar Yeovil.

These players are under performing and that has to be up to Unsworth.His record is a disaster and if he had any  pride he would resign and walk.There is no bond at all between the fans and him as there should be.

He can’t create a bond with the fans if we are losing every week. This is the second new team in 4 months….he has to be given until the end of January at the very least.

I was all for giving him the games up until new year but that second half today was a disgrace. There were some signs of progress at Maidstone but I’m afraid that’s only because they were the second worst team we’ve played. This is heading for disaster territory and I fear we’re sleepwalking to yet another relegation. His 3 year contract is looking to be a worse decision as each week goes by.

Askey in ASAP please.

40 minutes ago, Handsy said:

I’d give him 3 more games if we ain’t got two wins  his time should be up

Why? Because we are bound to beat somebody sometime? Of course we are because we're in a poor league. We are supposed to be building for the future, though, not a team to sniff around the relegation places of non-league!

Unsworth is not the man required - and a blind man with a stick can see it.

That was poor. He claimed the first half was good - it really wasn't - two bang average teams creating nothing. They upped the tempo early in the 2nd half, saw they could play through us, and bang, 2-0 down. I still don't think we can expect to be winning many games given what's come before, but from the ones I've seen recently (Halifax, Alty, Barnet, today) we're not improving at all. I'm beginning to think the board may need to act sooner rather than later.

He ain’t walking nor will get the sack unless Rothwells overrule the Royles.  Too much money spent on this new coaching set up to give it up.  Whilst enough points available, DU will be given January to strengthen from the league and the season to “consolidate and build”.

He’ll be in charge come May regardless of results

Can’t see the board paying off DU’s three year deal plus Ebbrell & Jeffers too.  Also can’t see the Royles admitting a mistake.  

DR has bigged up DU in every interview when asked and the backing financially doesn’t suggest they’ll sack him this side of January.  

He’ll secure draws and the odd win - unless his luck massively changes - and that will give him the breathing space.

9 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

DR has bigged up DU in every interview when asked and the backing financially doesn’t suggest they’ll sack him this side of January.  

He was asked by Matt and Andy on the podcast the other week what attributes he had that made him their man. I listened to it 3 or 4 times and I'm still not sure Royle answered the question...

Archived