BPAS PODCAST: 16th Jan '23, S3:E22: A Bit of a No Show

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good listen again. Split on the DU walkout. On one hand, it means we didn't have to listen to any more of his bullshit. On the other hand, it does throw Ebbrell under the bus a bit. Not great management.

Clarke seems to get a free pass on the podcast and his red is put down to frustration with his team mates. At 41 years of age, he should not be talking himself into the book twice in 30 seconds. Take two weeks wages off him. 

Got 7 on LM - some tough ones in there, including one that Ste got right...

31 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Good listen again. Split on the DU walkout. On one hand, it means we didn't have to listen to any more of his bullshit. On the other hand, it does throw Ebbrell under the bus a bit. Not great management.

Clarke seems to get a free pass on the podcast and his red is put down to frustration with his team mates. At 41 years of age, he should not be talking himself into the book twice in 30 seconds. Take two weeks wages off him. 

Got 7 on LM - some tough ones in there, including one that Ste got right...

25 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Clarke got sent off for sheer frustration in the FA Cup defeat at Doncaster after a penalty was wrongly given against him

Heard him talking to someone in the gym about the sending off and he ended by saying "I should know better"!!!

I think I do trust the board to make the right decision. Some have said he's unsackable due to his relationship with the Royles while the Rothwells and other board members no doubt Trust and respect Darren and Joe on their footballing background I can't see them standing by while their investment deteriorates. Their is I think a learning curve going on here at board level and I think while they have experience in business they haven't run a football club which is not like any other business they've seen. I think they will learn, they have the right intentions and will be prepared to change direction should the need arise.

I'm probably 55 to 45 saying get rid of him I'm not going to lead the campaign to get rid of him. I'm not going to boycott as atleast one person has said, that's the absolute last resort we should take, Im boycotted out after the last few years I have zero intention of protesting. I'm also abit tired of falling out and arguing with other fans aswell truth be told particularly when you see some of the above posts. I use the ignore facility if someone becomes too much but anyway I digress. 

I just feel rather dissapointed that this isn't working out. We can't keep chopping and changing managers but we also can't keep a manager when we keep losing games, and a manager who can't fall back on the excuses of previous managers who have not had the same backing at board level that Mr Unsworth has enjoyed. I think currently he has built 3/4 of a team that if used properly could be a team challenging for promotion next season if we make 3-4 key signings in the right places. For the first time in years I'm actually very happy with the forwards we have to choose from but if the only service they get are long hopeful balls forward with no support from Midfield then they are fucked to start with. If we gave the right service Fondop Reid and Nuttall have all proved they can score. In the right team I think Timmy Abraham can flourish too. A few other players may benefit too if the shackles were taken off this team. 

If we do change manager then the desicion on who to replace him will be crucial as we can't get this wrong again it will put the project further back and it will become harder and harder to get that illusive progress everyone at the club craves for.

12 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

I think I do trust the board to make the right decision.

How/why? 

Every big decision so far (it's early days, there haven't been many yet) has, so far/on all available evidence, been the wrong one.  

Do you mean you hope they'll make the right decision? 

If so, so do I but that's all we've got. 

22 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

How/why? 

Every big decision so far (it's early days, there haven't been many yet) has, so far/on all available evidence, been the wrong one.  

I'm not so sure about that. Parting with Sheridan was definitely the right decision...

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I'm not so sure about that. Parting with Sheridan was definitely the right decision...

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Sheridan will always be loved but it was time for him to go - and he knew it too.

Nah. We'd have been about 10th now had he stayed.

And moaning like fuck about it.

2 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

How/why? 

Before I answer that more thoroughly what are the big decisions you believe they have got wrong? at the moment I can only really think of 1 and even then their was logic to making it in the first place.

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Before I answer that more thoroughly what are the big decisions you believe they have got wrong? at the moment I can only really think of 1 and even then their was logic to making it in the first place.

Shez, Unsworth and all the signings.

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

To adage an old phrase 'friendship and business don't mix' and this old boys club mentality is what's killing us, we need to move on and stop rewarding failure, you can't have a manager at the club pals with the CEO and his dad, it would be great if everything was going swimmingly but it now becomes even more awkward than when Unsworth was watching us and Shez was a sitting duck. 

I know that's the one you are referring to but that decision alone and the way it was facilitated is the reason we are in this huge fucking mess now.

4 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

Shez, Unsworth and all the signings.

What about the decisions to;

- Create a Data Analytics/Analyst Division

- Recruit a Head Scout and a team of scouts to work for him

- Introduce a B-team to provide a pathway into the 1st team for Academy Graduates

- Recruit a Head of Physiotherapy & Psychology 

- Stadium improvement projects leading to better fan experiences

- Purchase businesses renting commercial space to divert all future profits into the football club budget/funds

- Professional staff infrastructure improvements to include control over athletes diet

None of which includes the biggest decision of all, to purchase the land and stadium, which will inevitably lead to further infrastructure improvement projects & larger budget/funds

27 minutes ago, BPAS said:

What about the decisions to;

- Create a Data Analytics/Analyst Division

- Recruit a Head Scout and a team of scots to work for him

- Introduce a B-team to provide a pathway into the 1st team for Academy Graduates

- Recruit a Head of Physiotherapy & Psychology 

- Stadium improvement projects leading to better fan experiences

- Purchase businesses renting commercial space to divert all future profits into the football club budget/funds

- Professional staff infrastructure improvements to include control over what athletes diet

None of which includes the biggest decision of all, to purchase the land and stadium, which will inevitably lead to further infrastructure improvement projects.

OK. Any of that that's already in place either isn't working yet or is contributing towards our perilous league position. 

And the rest isn't in place and might never be.

😂🙅‍♂️

Archived