BPAS PODCAST: 16th Jan '23, S3:E22: A Bit of a No Show

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Clifford said:

If you think 3 managers by January in a season is a sign of a good owner / board then you may need medical attention. 

What about someone who thinks 3 wins in 20 is a sign of a good manager?

Just now, JoeP said:

What about someone who thinks 3 wins in 20 is a sign of a good manager?

They clearly didn't think that was good enough. As good owners they decided to invest further in the playing squad. 2 of those wins have come in the last 4 league games.

Time will tell but it may be that things are turning round from recent league form. Previous hasn't been good enough, a return to that and he'll be in trouble.

Our recent history has a number of sackings we have made where you think, we shouldn't have done that in hindsight. Warnock, Moore, Bunn, Sheridan (at least one of them) even Wellens and Curle you could argue we ended up worse off.

1 hour ago, Clifford said:

If you think 3 managers by January in a season is a sign of a good owner / board then you may need medical attention. 

Or lining the replacement for the first one up before a balls even been kicked and starving him of any kind of competitive budget, is that the sign of a good owner?

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Or lining the replacement for the first one up before a balls even been kicked and starving him of any kind of competitive budget, is that the sign of a good owner?

They didn't buy the club until just before the season started. Sheridan chose to spend his big wages on Gardner and Porter. No one else to blame there. 

Football is football, Mr Sheridan touted himself for jobs elsewhere while with us. No different. 

Just now, Clifford said:

They didn't buy the club until just before the season started. Sheridan chose to spend his big wages on Gardner and Porter. No one else to blame there. 

Football is football, Mr Sheridan touted himself for jobs elsewhere while with us. No different. 

They were here from April/May and paying the bills not long after so were more than a little snidey with the way they went about it with regards to Shez but as with the previous owners they will do things their own way and at they end of the day it's their pockets they'll hit if they continue to employ chumps. I'm not arsed if we have four managers this season so long as we end up with one who can take us forward, 20 odd games is a pretty fair period of time to judge someone on and Unsworth has failed, it really is that simple.

Found it quite amusing that Andy referred to Andrew Strauss about not getting too carried away with a win or too down with a loss, it's something i've said we as a fanbase have done for far too long but it was only the previous week that Andy was shouting I told you so and talking about walking through League 2 back to League 1 after a 5-1 win at Dorking who are part time and had only managed 3 training sessions together since Christmas.

7 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Found it quite amusing that Andy referred to Andrew Strauss about not getting too carried away with a win or too down with a loss, it's something i've said we as a fanbase have done for far too long but it was only the previous week that Andy was shouting I told you so and talking about walking through League 2 back to League 1 after a 5-1 win at Dorking who are part time and had only managed 3 training sessions together since Christmas.

:lol:

Nothing like a good ol quote out of context Michael. Keep up the bitterness. :D

6 hours ago, League one forever said:

😂 

Yeah, it’s weird isn’t it- games in August, September, October, November don’t count really. . . 

Our season starts now. 😂😂

If his overall form continues in those ten games we’ll roughly win two, draw a couple and lose 6. And we’ll be right in the shit. 

People keep trying to discount the Notts County home game

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

They were here from April/May and paying the bills not long after so were more than a little snidey with the way they went about it with regards to Shez 

Does anyone know for certain Shez was in the dark

4 hours ago, Clifford said:

They clearly didn't think that was good enough. As good owners they decided to invest further in the playing squad. 2 of those wins have come in the last 4 league games.

Time will tell but it may be that things are turning round from recent league form. Previous hasn't been good enough, a return to that and he'll be in trouble.

Our recent history has a number of sackings we have made where you think, we shouldn't have done that in hindsight. Warnock, Moore, Bunn, Sheridan (at least one of them) even Wellens and Curle you could argue we ended up worse off.

You didn't go to the game last Saturday did you? I was all for giving Unsworth time but the performance was a joke. They just looked like a cobbled together team of amateurs. 

50 minutes ago, disjointed said:

You didn't go to the game last Saturday did you? I was all for giving Unsworth time but the performance was a joke. They just looked like a cobbled together team of amateurs. 

No it's a pathetic tournament not worth my time. Maybe the players had that attitude to things? I've seen the last 2 league games and seen good signs. 

13 hours ago, Clifford said:

No it's a pathetic tournament not worth my time. Maybe the players had that attitude to things? I've seen the last 2 league games and seen good signs. 

So why did we enter the competition then. Was that a poor decision?

If our players have an "attitude" to anything - they should be sacked!

I'd have to question the motivation of any player (or fan?) that didn't want the opportunity to play at Wembley in a Cup Final. Let's face it this is our best opportunity given the competition in the FA Cup and the League Cup.

Maybe that's a view it's easy to take as a fan, maybe the players saw it as an additional game they'd rather not play. If that is the case there's a failure of motivation. Interesting contrast with the England cricket team. Before Stokes and McCullum they couldn't wait to get off the field of play, on the recent tour of Pakistan they did everything in their power to stay on the ground and win games. Not quite the same but I think there's something about mindset. 

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

Just watched this weeks phone in. Just wanted to say thanks to Matt, Dave and Andy for the content they give us Monday and Wednesday each week. Best phone in yet with Marc. Thanks a lot for the content. 

Agreed - real treat to listen to. Thanks to the lads. One thing though can we ban the naked bloke?!:sick01:

Archived