MATCH: Gateshead (H) 14/02/23

2 hours ago, b0ndl1ne said:

With you on this. 

I do worry about Clarke not playing though, it increases the chances of his legs getting ‘old’ overnight so to speak

Don’t worry yourself about that. “Getting old overnight” isn’t a real thing except an injury can do that.  If he is training regularly he is less likely to suffer that injury. 
Players need matches to get “match fit”. Older players are more likely to pick up another injury during those matches where they are getting match fit. We still have to many players in this “older” category.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, C.O.JONES said:

Agreed and Tollit should be on the left in front of Kitching, Abraham on the right with Rooney and Sheron in the C.M. and Gardner watching the pies warm up.

Timmy's not looked great playing wide right earlier in the season. I'd sooner he came on for, or started instead of Reid.

1 minute ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Timmy's not looked great playing wide right earlier in the season. I'd sooner he came on for, or started instead of Reid.

No he isn't great but he does keep the full back occupied out wide whereas others don't bother.

23 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Timmy coming on at right wing at home to Gateshead in the cup last time was part of the reason we got stuffed in the second half.

Already getting dominated in the middle and this change just made us so imbalanced and compounded the problem.

He's an impact sub against tiring legs for me. Reid and Nuttall should be the two up top.

On 2/13/2023 at 3:25 PM, 100milesaway said:

Don't know about that,  but was there anyone up the floodlight pylons fitting some new bulbs ?so we can actually see what's  going on,  then maybe our keeper might catch a cross, and not give our opponents a free gift.

23 hours ago, mick26 said:

Well there was someone the other week working on the lights between JRS and Jimmy Frizzell stand so hopefully they'll move on to the ones nearest the Chaddy End.

Hey up, maybe they've brought a few lightbulbs and a ladder with them!

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Norman

Sutton

Yarney

Clarke or Hogan

Kitching

Shelton or Gardner 

Rooney

Sheron

Tollitt 

Reid

Nuttall 

Yep looks good. Hogan and Gardner to start for me after last week. 

Also tempted to start Timmy over Tollitt but may be a bit attacking minded!

18 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I don't think I've ever struggled to keep track of the score

It's definitely not difficult.
I used to love the old scoreboard that had a crying player on it every time there was a booking. :D 
It would be good to have a traditional one again.

33 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Yep looks good. Hogan and Gardner to start for me after last week. 

Also tempted to start Timmy over Tollitt but may be a bit attacking minded!

I actually think Abraham would contribute more defensively than Tollit!!

Archived