What is your most unpopular Latics opinion or belief?

When we got promotion to Div1 and then become founder members of the Prem, I would have liked the owners to have sold the club

to someone with big money. Maybe then we could have a few more years of the good life. I would imagine that the club would have

been quite saleable at that time.

16 minutes ago, redlion said:

When we got promotion to Div1 and then become founder members of the Prem, I would have liked the owners to have sold the club

to someone with big money. Maybe then we could have a few more years of the good life. I would imagine that the club would have

been quite saleable at that time.

Were clubs like us attractive then? Nowhere near the money in it that there is now. Nobody saw that coming

5 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Hahahaha. This is fun. It's like having therapy.

I want to add how much I detest that minority of people who criticise Joe Royle's record by citing that little cameo he did as a favour to see the season out, ignoring the most wonderfully glorious years in the club's history. 

I really hesitate with this one, as I'm in a very small minority, but I hate all tangerine kits. I hate tangerine. I had a retro one. I looked like a giant satsuma. I actually prefer the all blue and all red (yes, red) kits of the early 1990s. We love tangerine - not we don't, most do, but not everyone.....

okay, I'll get my coat now.

Surely you looked like a giant Tangerine? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Canada_latic said:

No worries, it's almost like who's your favourite James Bond based on who you grew up with or favourite Star Wars movies. If anyone is interested it's Roger Moore and Empire Strikes Back. 

I have another one,  the term Club Legend is used far too loosely.

Roger Moore was too old to play Bond,

Creepy if you ask me, although I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for 'The spy who loved me'

Have to say that The last Bond has turned out to be the best of all and he's a short arse,

Loved all the original star wars.

Back to kits, we could just say sod it and go Green Bovis for old times sake 🤢

44 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Roger Moore was too old to play Bond,

Creepy if you ask me, although I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for 'The spy who loved me'

Have to say that The last Bond has turned out to be the best of all and he's a short arse,

Loved all the original star wars.

Back to kits, we could just say sod it and go Green Bovis for old times sake 🤢

I get your point about him being old and a bit creepy towards the end of his time. Especially a 'View to a kill'. My favourite of his was 'Live and let die' and 'Man with the golden gun'. Although special mention for 'Moonraker' best bond girl name ever. Daniel Craig was a good bond. Back to kits l used to call that the bogey green kit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Were clubs like us attractive then? Nowhere near the money in it that there is now. Nobody saw that coming

No there was nowhere near the money. I think the amount of money has spoiled football, for me at least.

It's just a thought I had at the time. We were a very popular club, always on TV and in the news.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, trickyrickyholden said:

Surely you looked like a giant Tangerine? 

Possibly, but, on reflection, I looked like one of those big oranges. It made me feel body shame, and for that reason I will always hate it.

Daniel Craig is easily the best Bond and Skyfall the best Bond film. Roger Moore was indeed too old and a bit sleazy, although he was great as the Saint

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Possibly, but, on reflection, I looked like one of those big oranges. It made me feel body shame, and for that reason I will always hate it.

Daniel Craig is easily the best Bond and Skyfall the best Bond film. Roger Moore was indeed too old and a bit sleazy, although he was great as the Saint

All the old Bond films are poor. Not a good one until the recent Daniel Craig ones. Star wars is bloody awful as is Breaking Bad for good measure

1 hour ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

That we should bring back the blue and red hoops home kit for next season...

...with the old style Chaddy the Owl who wore it.

Loved that shirt, the badge was very Barcelona-esk,

You'll have to pay alot more than a pony to get an original one nowadays 😉

4 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Yeah, pathetic wasn’t it. Especially compared to what happened since. 

Not pathetic but end of the day we luckily won the league. We never dominated that season as Burnley have this season for example.  

Edited by O.A.F.C.