What is your most unpopular Latics opinion or belief?

7 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Never agreed with anything you said more. Should we do the poznan when we score, then sing that tequila shite Tranmere do as well and anything else we can nick off other clubs

It might not be original but it's an improvement to signing "everywhere we go" or The Great Escape like we did not so long ago. 

7 minutes ago, O.A.F.C. said:

It might not be original but it's an improvement to signing "everywhere we go" or The Great Escape like we did not so long ago. 

Everywhere we go can also do one! Bring back the classics. Blue flag flying high. Andy ritchie's magic. And the catchy come on oldham

33 minutes ago, O.A.F.C. said:

We weren't when work started though

We would have already agreed on the work with the contractor abd we were going to have to do it at some point at any point which would have come out of whatever transfer budget would have been available at the time.

Anyway in the spirit of the thread it's about unpopular opinions so I'll agree to disagree. 

Surprised we haven't all fallen out abit more on this thread considering people are putting out their more alternative/controversial opinions. 

5 hours ago, O.A.F.C. said:

Yeah but as mentioned many other 2nd tier clubs still had terracing. But I accept Glossop's point. 

Many of the second tier clubs had just come up so had tree seasons to go all seater or like bolton they played the we are moving to a new stadium / awaiting planning permission for redevelopment card to put it off .little nugget heard a few years ago was one of the people who was most vigorous in pushing for all seater stadiums on the FA board just happend to be a major share holder in a plastic seating company and made a fortune from this period . 

39 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

They weren't at the level we were at when the legislation was made.

Fair enough but it seems harsh considering instead of the parachute payments that are now made to relegated clubs, we had to have ground redevelopment work that wasn't necessary. 

12 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

and the level below. within a certain deadline we beat by about two years.

the rush/botch summer job on the chaddy was almost pointless and l say almost just to be charitable. we would have stayed up with the Chaddy End*

The seats in the Lookers paddock was in the same. From memory the first few rows were still missing from the Charlton game.

Thinking back to that season, after our good start I blame Paul Gerrard getting sent off at Southend as the turning point.

56 minutes ago, O.A.F.C. said:

Fair enough but it seems harsh considering instead of the parachute payments that are now made to relegated clubs, we had to have ground redevelopment work that wasn't necessary. 

It was harsh. Yet another one of the sliding doors moments that we're always on the wrong side of

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

We are in the NL and it will be at least 10 years or more before we even think about the Championship….if we replaced or refurbished the Chaddy could we go back to standing terraces?

That's a very negative view. Stockport are in the automatic promotion places as it stands. They could well be one step from the Championship next season. I don't see why we shouldn't have similar ambitions. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

That's a very negative view. Stockport are in the automatic promotion places as it stands. They could well be one step from the Championship next season. I don't see why we shouldn't have similar ambitions. 

? Your example: Stockport, have taken 15 years to get where they are!!!😳

You also haven’t answered my question!😆

55 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

? Your example: Stockport, have taken 15 years to get where they are!!!😳

You also haven’t answered my question!😆

It's not 15 years since they got a decent owner. I'd be against any changes to the stadium that would preclude us from moving up the divisions. 

53 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

It's not 15 years since they got a decent owner. I'd be against any changes to the stadium that would preclude us from moving up the divisions. 

This is Notts Co’s 4th season and Chesterfield’s 5th and they’re both throwing money at it!

Having a standing terrace wouldn’t affect us until the Championship by which time safe standing will almost certainly be in operation anyway.

18 hours ago, JoeP said:

I don't dislike Rochdale.  Or Tranmere.

We're all fighting the good fight...

me neither. or stockport.

city leeds blackburn bolton united are our rivals!!! 🙄

huddersfield earned themselves a rivalry and bury put a right good effort in but the other two are like scotland and wales in a way, just give their hair a tussle on your way out to do something else!!!

like l said, lm stuck in the 90's.

15 hours ago, O.A.F.C. said:

Yeah but as mentioned many other 2nd tier clubs still had terracing. But I accept Glossop's point. 

we were all seater well before we needed to be and we should have spent some of it on players. it shouldnt even be an unpopular view but it obviously is.