What is your most unpopular Latics opinion or belief?

Unsworth in.....

.....oh come on we all know where this is going every thread ends up in a debate to should we/when should we sack the manager.

But for the sake of the point of the actual topic and the intent it was started with is this:

Our away following aren't all that special alot of other club's take big numbers away from home and alot of people who go on them just do so for a day on the piss anyway.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

That a large section of the fanbase is entitled...

Can you expand on this for once? How is a fanbase that has seen their club finish in the top 6 twice in almost 35 years, and not finish top half in 15 years, "entitled"?

Are they entitled for wanting better than the absolute bare minimum that they've seen for 3 decades?

It's not an unpopular opinion, it's just utter bollocks 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Can you expand on this for once? How is a fanbase that has seen their club finish in the top 6 twice in almost 35 years, and not finish top half in 15 years, "entitled"?

Are they entitled for wanting better than the absolute bare minimum that they've seen for 3 decades?

It's not an unpopular opinion, it's just utter bollocks 

Difference between wanting better and deserving better which many seem to fall down on.

No credit is ever given to the opposition for just being better on the day, it is always "We shouldn't be losing to these" "Totally unacceptable" etc etc

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Difference between wanting better and deserving better which many seem to fall down on.

No credit is ever given to the opposition for just being better on the day, it is always "We shouldn't be losing to these" "Totally unacceptable" etc etc

Anyone who thinks losing a 2 goal lead at home with 10 minutes left to a side with 10 men isn't unacceptable has basically given up completely, haven't they?

Plus, it's a fans forum. If you want balanced reporting watch Soccer Saturday ffs

Edited by Guy Branston Pickle

1 minute ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Anyone who thinks losing a 2 goal lead at home with 10 minutes left to a side with 10 men isn't unacceptable has basically given up completely, haven't they?

Plus, it's a fans forum. If you want balanced reporting watch Soccer Saturday ffs

Strap in Guy. 

He’ll take you on a magical mystery tour. 😁

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

I don't see the result of any sporting contest as unacceptable to be honest, think it is a wildly overused turn of phrase...

54 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Our away following aren't all that special alot of other club's take big numbers away from home and alot of people who go on them just do so for a day on the piss anyway.

In some ways I agree with this. One thing that always used to get trotted out when people were banging on about how good it is after a decent away following was ‘as a % of our home support.’

Not heard it once this season as our home gates are among the best in the division so its nowhere near as impressive.

Confused ideas about what = a community. The club has always relied on supporters from outside the narrowly and inaccurate old town boundaries. The club is a community in itself and has never (in living memory) relied on a town that gives it minimal support at best.

That we're part of Lancashire. It's nearly 50 years since much more realistic boundaries were created. Get over it.

That there exists a mystical tie with Frankfurt. I can't stand German robotic football. I even supported Rangers for the first and only time when they played Frankfart.

That the Main Stand is some kind of listed building when, in reality, it's a slum that should've been pulled down along with other slums in the 1960s.

Great topic. Gets a lot of your chest.

• Like 2

Hahahaha. This is fun. It's like having therapy.

I want to add how much I detest that minority of people who criticise Joe Royle's record by citing that little cameo he did as a favour to see the season out, ignoring the most wonderfully glorious years in the club's history. 

I really hesitate with this one, as I'm in a very small minority, but I hate all tangerine kits. I hate tangerine. I had a retro one. I looked like a giant satsuma. I actually prefer the all blue and all red (yes, red) kits of the early 1990s. We love tangerine - not we don't, most do, but not everyone.....

okay, I'll get my coat now.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Hahahaha. This is fun. It's like having therapy.

I want to add how much I detest that minority of people who criticise Joe Royle's record by citing that little cameo he did as a favour to see the season out, ignoring the most wonderfully glorious years in the club's history. 

I really hesitate with this one, as I'm in a very small minority, but I hate all tangerine kits. I hate tangerine. I had a retro one. I looked like a giant satsuma. I actually prefer the all blue and all red (yes, red) kits of the early 1990s. We love tangerine - not we don't, most do, but not everyone.....

okay, I'll get my coat now.

I with you on the preference of kits. I don't mind the tangerine or the blue & white variations. But my favourite kits and for me latics will always be associate with Blue and Red. I grew up on it. That for me is latics.

Edited by Canada_latic

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I get flack for wanting the club to return the traditional 1950s kit. I'm considered, probably rightly, a dinosaur. ☹️

https://images.app.goo.gl/hEieLYQC3UZLjdoS9

1st kit has to be Blue and white without question

With Tangerine and Blue Away.

Definitely no RED near anything! Sorry Canada 😉

3 hours ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

1st kit has to be Blue and white without question

With Tangerine and Blue Away.

Definitely no RED near anything! Sorry Canada 😉

No worries, it's almost like who's your favourite James Bond based on who you grew up with or favourite Star Wars movies. If anyone is interested it's Roger Moore and Empire Strikes Back. 

I have another one,  the term Club Legend is used far too loosely.