MATCH: Scunthorpe United (A) 10/04/23

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, daniel said:

Was struggling on Friday, hopefully just cramp, but could be a doubt perhaps? 

Wouldn’t surprise me, I was being tongue in cheek to be honest but you never know being his old club and that 🤞

3 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Weird to think that we could be the team to send them down.

As poor as this season has been on the pitch, Scunny are an indicator of what could've happened this season if we hadn't have sorted the off-field worries.

Indeed. When their takeover happened they got in a young manager who’d seen a lot of success in the leagues below and signed a bunch of players some promising loans, some experienced players at this level and some from the level below. 

Although you can’t really make exact direct comparisons this is a similar model to what many thought we should do a few months ago. Their form has barely improved at all whereas we were just ahead of them at the time but have pulled away. 

3 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Weird to think that we could be the team to send them down.

As poor as this season has been on the pitch, Scunny are an indicator of what could've happened this season if we hadn't have sorted the off-field worries.

If we hadn't sorted the off field worries we probably wouldn't have a club given the strength of the protest and lack of money coming in to the club, it saddens me to see clubs like Scunny go down and their fans deserve better as we did, they've been let down by the authorities in the same way we were and will be back one day I'm sure if they can't avoid the drop again this season.

10 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

If we hadn't sorted the off field worries we probably wouldn't have a club given the strength of the protest and lack of money coming in to the club, it saddens me to see clubs like Scunny go down and their fans deserve better as we did, they've been let down by the authorities in the same way we were and will be back one day I'm sure if they can't avoid the drop again this season.

You’ve spelled “given the serious mismanagement by the Lemsagams and their senior club advisor” wrong. 

31 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Neither club was let down by the authorities. What do you think the authorities should do that they can actually control?

There will be a fair chunk of this team here next year. They have to be beating teams like scunny the state they are in. They will be up for it as desp need the points and the bookies rarely wrong. We are just slightly better, that’s all. 

44 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Neither club was let down by the authorities. What do you think the authorities should do that they can actually control?

I think the red flags for the authorities should of been when Mo failed the fit and proper test, just because they can't control it doesn't make it right.

A draw [could be any score-line] until the 94th minute...I have to work today, so expecting my misery to be further compounded by the shit tactics, last gasp equaliser/winner and the usual Unsworth "It wasn't me" post match interview.

I wish the season had already finished.

50 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I think the red flags for the authorities should of been when Mo failed the fit and proper test, just because they can't control it doesn't make it right.

There are an awful lot of people, not saying you're one, that think that the answer to any problems in any field of human activity is more regulation. It isn't.

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

There are an awful lot of people, not saying you're one, that think that the answer to any problems in any field of human activity is more regulation. It isn't.

10 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Realist. And I've worked in regulation for thirty years!

An ideal, every day case in point is in the workplace where you get one twat who goes running to management with a minor winge. This is because they don't have the balls to

approach the person they have the beef with. So then the typically weak management has to introduce some kind of rule or ban which pisses everybody off. I used to see this so often and it really used to boil my piss. 🥵. I hated weak inept management and cowards.

Archived