MATCH: Southend United (H) 18/04/23

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

They looked alright when we played them back in August. But we're currently on a run of 1 defeat in 7, good at home and should be looking to win...

Their last 11 games W3 D1 L7 - but all 7 defeats were in March - since then their record is W3 D1, so they have turned it around somewhat…

If we play like we did on Saturday, we’ll lose. 

4 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

The team that started on Saturday should start again.

They have more to play for than us but there's no reason why we can't take the game to them and win (not that we will).

I'd say the main reason is we haven't won 3 league games in a row since (I think) April 2019 under Pete Wild, but surely such a terrible record has to end sometime!

4 hours ago, BP1960 said:

This is a stronger  test for sit deep Dave, if we let these run at us we will be in real trouble.

As Brian Clough once said in an interview, “It only takes a fraction of a second for the ball to cross the line.”  

Sitting back is courting disaster.  Not many teams score when in their own half.

13 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I'm usually out on a Tuesday but lying i bed after a minor op I may watch tonight.  Must be the drugs but I can't even find a link to sign up!

I find the National League site is best

Just now, dannyboy55555 said:

Would be refreshing to see Forshaw on the bench at least tonight.

Not happening…it’s highly unlikely, but if Torquay and Aldershot win tonight and we lose we are still not safe!

51 minutes ago, dannyboy55555 said:

Would be refreshing to see Forshaw on the bench at least tonight.

I doubt if he would even if safe, he'd stick by his favourites on the bench like Chapman.

36 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Forshaw maybe train with the first team go on bench last match other than that theres no rush

They are yet to offer Forshaw a deal, so doubt he will be the first youth player on the bench. Can’t remember who DU said they had offered deals to. 

Archived