Retained list

1 hour ago, Lukers1 said:

Rooney is being touted  around, bad egg the club apparently…

I wouldn't say that it's disastrous if he goes but it would be disappointing.  Having a creative spark in the squad is useful especially when Unsworth's natural inclination seems to be structure and defence first. 

That said we should have the budget at this level that means we don't need to take gambles on potentially bad influences.

9 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

😳

l said this once when my kebab was late and got it a laugh, but was swiftly and sternly followed by a warning never to try it in public or l could end up as kebab myself!!!!

I doner who was offended but I thought it was quite funny.

There's a thyme and a plaice for jokes and we all need a laugh.

1 hour ago, Handsy said:

When do we think we will hear if any new contracts have been signed. The retained list was issued on 1st May I know players will have been away  but what’s the normal time scale 3 or 4 weeks ? Or longer

I would imagine the ideal is to go into pre-season knowing with some certainty the likely composition of your squad. When does pre-season start, around 1 July? With the contract offers I guess we want them signed asap, the players may want to tease it out. If someone comes in for them that will give them greater bargaining power on the contractual terms.

2 hours ago, Handsy said:

When do we think we will hear if any new contracts have been signed. The retained list was issued on 1st May I know players will have been away  but what’s the normal time scale 3 or 4 weeks ? Or longer

suppose it depends how good the offer is! Green and Yarney seem to be hoping for either more money or a bigger club.

if they dont already play for us then from July onwards, l would have thought.

l'd imagine the staff are all working like beavers night and day.

I did mean the current players Monty  the club must of set a deadline  for  when they want an answer just wondered how long we give them to reply  as obviously if they don’t sign replacements need to be sorted 

• Like 1