Retained list

When did Hope get a new contract? He signed for 2 years initially and nothing announced. 
Very surprised to see us having talks with Luamba, seems a waste of a wage to me. 
Still a fair few from the contracted players i’d like to leave, like Leutweiler, Burgess, Gardner and Windass who are surplus to requirements.

4 minutes ago, Hemel latic said:

No real surprises, perhaps Luamba aside despite his undoubted promise.

Getting this sorted early is professional and compassionate, let's everyone know where they are and begin planning for the future.

Could be  Luamba. Burgess and Windass will go out on loan.

5 minutes ago, ceskylatic said:

I thought Yarney had already agreed an extension until the end of next season.

He has. We’re just looking to tie him down to another season.

Also offering Junior a deal entitles is to some compo I think if he signs elsewhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, welshgaz said:

Also offering Junior a deal entitles is to some compo I think if he signs elsewhere.

Very good point on Luamba, didn’t think of that. Hopefully he’s been offered absolute peanuts as he’s nowhere near good enough. 

13 minutes ago, welshgaz said:

I'd say it's still a worry that Yarney isn't listed in the under contract section though.

Could just be a mistake from whoever wrote the article, but we all know when it's Latics anything can go wrong 

55 minutes ago, daniel said:

Very good point on Luamba, didn’t think of that. Hopefully he’s been offered absolute peanuts as he’s nowhere near good enough. 

Unless he was on absolute peanuts to begin with we can’t offer him absolute peanuts to get compensation. Needs to match his current deal for us to get compensation.

McGahey, Leutwiler, Windass, Burgess and possibly Hope need moving on out of the Contracted in players. I am sure Unsworth as told them they're surplus to requirements and instruct their agents to earn their money. Luamba isn't good enough.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Lags said:

McGahey, Leutwiler, Windass, Burgess and possibly Hope need moving on out of the Contracted in players. I am sure Unsworth as told them they're surplus to requirements and instruct their agents to earn their money. Luamba isn't good enough.

Absolutely. Who on earth gave them such long contracts? Terrible decisions. They're all crap. 

• Like 1

Sure Lags is right that a few will have been encouraged to look elsewhere. 

As for Luamba, he turned 20 only a few days ago and, as he is undoubtedly on only modest wages, I don't think it's a bad shout to give him another 12 months. At 6ft 2 and reasonably quick, he's likely to  have shown a bit of promise in training. A bit more coaching and a good loan spell in mens football, then decide.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Lags said:

Agreed   get them off the wage bill cos they wont get a game.

I wouldn't be surprised if we have been trying to get a few of those of the wage bill for sometime. We might have to either pay them off or meet a few clubs half way and say let them pay 50% of their current contracts for the next 12 months while the other club pays the other half.

13 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Absolutely. Who on earth gave them such long contracts? Terrible decisions. They're all crap. 

In the case of McGahey and Leutwiler - Mo due the fuck up at the start of last season. What should have been one year contracts have become three year ones.

22 minutes ago, johnboy said:

yarney was given a i month non contract in the first instance.it was then upgraded to a regular contract until the end of the sason.its all on the website archive

Incorrect. Signed until end of 2023/2024.

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2023/february/02022023-yarney-extends-deal/

Follow Luamba on Instagram and he’s putting in extra session out of his own pocket it seems with a private coach, he’s young and willing won’t be on very much at all so I think he’s worth another 12 months with an initial 6 month loan in the NLN possibly. 

• Like 1

Mmmmmm. I take it from that, we aren’t prepared to pay anyone off who hasn’t featured. 

Burgess

Windass

Luetwiller

Magehy 

If the four in negotiations all sign as well that gives us a squad of 22. Which means bar maybe 2/3 signings, he’s largely going with what we’ve got this season to push for promotion next year. 

Big call. .