Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

Need to get another centre half in and they seem confident they will.

Right back is still the number one gap we have. We can't rely on Sutton / Sheron / Shelton as 1st choice. 

Add one each of the above at a quality better than we have now and we won't NEED anything else.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I wouldn't bother going for Ripley. Which of the 3 would you then leave out?

Leutwiler won't play for us again, Hudson looks like next seasons No 2 so if Ripley came in then Norman would have to make way, it's not going to happen but it's what I'd like to see and as much as I think Norman is more than adequate for this level Ripley would be a definite upgrade.

13 hours ago, GKing521 said:

Just one more signing to come in the near future it sounds like.

I think we need about 3 more really, 4 if we’re showing Yarney the door.

Not entirely confident at the moment.

“Near future” being next week if you’re going off Suzanne Geldard’s tweet, which is mid June. So that’d be 8 signed since the end of the season I think including the youths. 

Not bad with still a couple of weeks to go before pre season starts. 

Get those through the door we need to and hopefully more incoming. 

Yarney would be a decent signing but let's be brutally honest 4 seasons back he would be considered bang average. Whilst in NL let's have him only if he's desperate to play here. 

2 hours ago, nzlatic said:

“Near future” being next week if you’re going off Suzanne Geldard’s tweet, which is mid June. So that’d be 8 signed since the end of the season I think including the youths. 

Not bad with still a couple of weeks to go before pre season starts. 

Only 2 signings of any discernible value within that 8 figure you’ve mentioned, it has to be said. 

The only reason I’m expressing concern is because we’ve been led to believe that we had the majority, if not ALL of our business lined up ready to go since the latter stages of last season.

I’ve not seen much to suggest that so far. Unfortunately, the National League is a total bastard of a division and we need more quality if we want to stage an assault on the play offs, never mind the title.

11 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

Only 2 signings of any discernible value within that 8 figure you’ve mentioned, it has to be said. 

The only reason I’m expressing concern is because we’ve been led to believe that we had the majority, if not ALL of our business lined up ready to go since the latter stages of last season.

I’ve not seen much to suggest that so far. Unfortunately, the National League is a total bastard of a division and we need more quality if we want to stage an assault on the play offs, never mind the title.

You're slipping back into "black dog" syndrome pretty quickly.  😱

If we sign Ward from Gateshead I think a right back and a centre half is all we need, perhaps two if Yarney doesn't agree terms.

I'd be more concerned with getting without three or four than incomings at present.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

You're slipping back into "black dog" syndrome pretty quickly.  😱

If we sign Ward from Gateshead I think a right back and a centre half is all we need, perhaps two if Yarney doesn't agree terms.

I'd be more concerned with getting without three or four than incomings at present.

I do think I may be going slightly overboard to be fair. It is still early June.

Hard to shake off pessimism as an Oldham fan.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

I do think I may be going slightly overboard to be fair. It is still early June.

Hard to shake off pessimism as an Oldham fan.

Naaa, here's how you do it.

Write the words "pessimistic Oldham fan" on a piece of paper, screw it up and throw it in the bin.

Insta-optimism

11 hours ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

Unsubstantiated rumour on Twitter linking us with right back Josh Emmanuel after his release from Grimsby Town at end of June. 

Edit - apparently it was from a footballer who also read it on Twitter so probably bollocks 🙄

played most of his career at L1 or Championship level. He’ll probably be out of our range but what a signing he’d be.

I’ve heard the Cropper one mentioned elsewhere so probably more gettable.

Not sure about the long throw. Thought they used Jesse Debrah for that. Still,  a good prospect and I would be perfectly pleased IF signing rumours are true. Being greedy, wouldn't say no to him and Debrah!!

Edited by Boyyou