Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

7 hours ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

"Chesterfield face competition from Oldham Athletic in signing striker Andrew Dallas" - Derbyshire Times.

Has Unsworth come out in the media to confirm or deny this story yet??

Disgraceful if not.

And it's also disgraceful if he has and whatever he said isn't still 100% factually accurate 6 months down the line.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wiseowl said:

He simply MUST get us off to an excellent start and maintain the momentum. He has no excuses (i.e. about the past regime etc.) to fall back on this time, that's for sure.

No he MUSN'T. An excellent start would be great of course, but wouldn't guarantee anything.

It's perfectly possible we could be 10th after 10 games, 6th after 20 games, 3rd after 30 games and 1st after 46 games. Patience could be absolutely key to next season.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

No he MUSN'T. An excellent start would be great of course, but wouldn't guarantee anything.

It's perfectly possible we could be 10th after 10 games, 6th after 20 games, 3rd after 30 games and 1st after 46 games. Patience could be absolutely key to next season.

patience isnt available. theres a noisy minority who are borderline excited to be booooooo dickwads who were always right and we shuda jus listened to them all along 🙄

its probably more important 'the fanbase' is ready to drown them out if its 0-0 after 5mins or one of the new guys slices a pass out for a throw

14 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Disgraceful if not.

And it's also disgraceful if he has and whatever he said isn't still 100% factually accurate 6 months down the line.

He says he's going to play Will Sutton there instead...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

If that happens you just know there will be a piss boil on here of absolutely ginormous proportions!

I think if we are 10th at Christmas he'll probably get replaced, I dont think we will be mind and anything in and around the top half dozen would be seen as acceptable with the squad, budget and resources available, if we were tenth he would be under huge pressure and rightly so.

Edited by yarddog73
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I think if we are 10th at Christmas he'll probably get replaced, I dont think we will be mind and anything in and around the top half dozen would be seen as acceptable with the squad, budget and resources available, if we were tenth he would be under huge pressure and rightly so.

Who? Sutton?

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

If that happens you just know there will be a piss boil on here of absolutely ginormous proportions!

There probably will, but if we look shite after10 games it will probably be justified. People have been banging on about our improvement in the second half of the season so there’s no reason why we should go backwards in the first ten games.

In reality, the only table that matters is the one after 46 games, so as long as we’re top then he’ll get no chance mlaints from me!

I love the irony of certain posters on here who slate fans for wanting to be right about Unsworth - but conveniently forget they were saying the same thing at Christmas last year, but have now suddenly become enlightened. 😂😂

You know who you are, and you’re no different to anybody else. 😁

If he starts poorly- he’s rightly comes under pressure. 

If he starts well- he isn’t. 

At Christmas I wanted him gone. 

At the end of the season I didn’t/don’t. 

It is and always will be about results. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I love the irony of certain posters on here who slate fans for wanting to be right about Unsworth - but conveniently forget they were saying the same thing at Christmas last year, but have now suddenly become enlightened. 😂😂

You know who you are, and you’re no different to anybody else. 😁

If he starts poorly- he’s rightly comes under pressure. 

If he starts well- he isn’t. 

At Christmas I wanted him gone. 

At the end of the season I didn’t/don’t. 

It is and always will be about results. 

you need to dig upwards 🤣🤣🤣

isnt that exactly the point? 

those few who have entrenched themselves so deeply they are being stubborn and wont change simply bc they are totally unable to say they were wrong and never have been? ignoring the results and abusing his weight or making up personality disorders just to be knobheads?

it isnt a David Unsworth specific problem, they are angry bitter people who feel superior by shouting rubbish at youth players.

2 hours ago, nzlatic said:

Disgraceful if not.

Your sarcasm beggers belief

3 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

More speculation without evidence.

My post was a response to @diggleblue saying that DU thinks he is a Messiah. Neither he nor you have provided evidence to back up this allegation. I went on to point out that, if that is how DU sees himself, then it was pretty odd that he would start out in the National League (not least given his connections in the game).

Whether or not DU was a shoo-in for the Latics job given his friendship with the Royles is irrelevant. He is here now and, like every manager, will stand or fall on his results. Puerile speculation about his state of mind, or how he got the job, gets us nowhere. As plenty of others have said, we need to get behind the team. Optimism is called for - not negativity, nor overconfidence.

I meant a mesiah in his belief in his own coaching ability, not as a manager. I believe he over coaches his players instead of allowing players to express themselves. This in my opinion will always cause conflict within a squad.eg Rooney,Tollitt,

Happy to be wrong.

3 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

I meant a mesiah in his belief in his own coaching ability, not as a manager. I believe he over coaches his players instead of allowing players to express themselves. This in my opinion will always cause conflict within a squad.eg Rooney,Tollitt,

Happy to be wrong.

To be fair Diggle - I don’t think either work hard enough for Unsy. He wants grafters not drift in and out potential game changers 

3 hours ago, jsslatic said:

It's simple.

If Sutton starts the first game at RB, Unsworth is a clown and must be sacked.

If Sutton doesn't start the first game at RB, Unsworth is a liar and must be sacked.

Christ.

I like these options. 

6 hours ago, wiseowl said:

He started here because a) nobody else wanted him as manager and b) his friends sorted him out with a nice, lucrative contract here.

A lot of people are getting very giddy about the new season and I hope the groundswell of optimism is spot on. Of course we have had a more structured pre-season but, after the chaos of the past few years, that's hardly an achievement is it; it should be the norm henceforth.

For me DU still has huge question marks over him, others seem to think he's suddenly a good, proven manager. He's not and HIS performance next season is absolutely crucial. He simply MUST get us off to an excellent start and maintain the momentum. He has no excuses (i.e. about the past regime etc.) to fall back on this time, that's for sure.

You still boycotting until DU is gone, or do I remember rightly rhat you buckled under the weight of a few wins?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Life was a lot simpler when people were happy with a weekly update in the Chron.

Interesting point that. 

Do you you prefer them days of little contact with anybody or the social media age? 

I don’t know anybody on here, but I really enjoy having internet Latics fans to talk to.