Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

1 minute ago, nzlatic said:

And he's a back up player. I don't think that Hope leaving if Dallas came in solves the problem. We'd have too many forwards who'd expect to be starting. 

Nobody should expect to be starting. All should hope to be - and working hard to get the nod.

It's very much a squad effort and with injury, loss of form, suspension, all could play a part. Plus DU has hinted at flexible tactics, so players could be in/out depending on opposition or state of game.

7 minutes ago, Shrek said:

4 outfield subs. He can play left wing, right wing, up top in a 2 and any of a 3, and I'm sure Curle had him wing back at one point! Great option off the bench at this level if he's not starting. 

Tollit like Rooney and Fondop can play one position. Not good enough to command that stop so IF we sign this lad Tollitt needs sending to Halifax. 

thats a good point its not 5 subs is it in reality is it, its only 4. bit slow on that one me, have to admit!

Just now, Crusoe said:

After years of suffering mediocre players, especially attackers, it’s a bit baffling that there’s now concern at having too many good players.

l think its an adjustment thing. l'm defo over it now anyway, get em signed!!

54 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Some people are very confident that he's signed. IF he has, then we have a very exciting attacking line-up, with options:

Willoughby/Reid

Ward/Tollitt          Nuttall/Fondop.      Dallas/Green

Lundstron/Sheron   Shelton/Gardner

Kitching/Couto  Hogan/Oil tanker  Hobson/Sutton  AN Other

Norman/Hudson

Just need a RB (or two) and a CB (with McGahey leaving at some point).

This is starting to look really, really good.

swap the players in the 9 & 10 positions and lm on board. that's my fave formation, but there's potential 'one up front' pissboil..

4 minutes ago, Boyyou said:

Nobody should expect to be starting. All should hope to be - and working hard to get the nod.

It's very much a squad effort and with injury, loss of form, suspension, all could play a part. Plus DU has hinted at flexible tactics, so players could be in/out depending on opposition or state of game.

You know what I mean though. It's a squad game to an extent but if you had Nuttall, Reid, Willoughby and Dallas those are 4 forwards who will be among our high earners. Would they be getting enough game time to be happy and motivated?

Excellent and very novel problem for us to have mind!

4 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

You know what I mean though. It's a squad game to an extent but if you had Nuttall, Reid, Willoughby and Dallas those are 4 forwards who will be among our high earners. Would they be getting enough game time to be happy and motivated?

Excellent and very novel problem for us to have mind!

Don’t be surprised to see

Dallas - Nuttall - Willougby

as a front 3 in some games. They’ll all get plenty of minutes.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

And he's a back up player. I don't think that Hope leaving if Dallas came in solves the problem. We'd have too many forwards who'd expect to be starting. 

Yeah, Warnock used to say - you can never have enough strikers, and I think there’s some merit in that. But I take your point - there is a concern some will spit their dummy out as none of them are squad filler type signings. 

I love Big Mike- but he can go.

Luamba - is at Barnsley on trial- so may go. 
Hope will have takers because he’s a good pro. 

That would leave. 

Kurt

Nuttall

Reid

Possibly Dallas. 

That is a class front four, and is a lot easier to manage and give them game time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

already been doin it. it goes well with aeroplane moves for some reason, which could maybe prove problematic.

mick26 is finished on here if this doesnt happen isnt he!!!

:peepwall: Any announcements yet? Hope it's not a random right back now!!!

Gulp!!! I might have seen Charlie Raglan 😳.

Edited by mick26