Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

14 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Or plastic

Oh wait…

Every club was a new club once...  Well run new ones take the place over time of badly run old ones and that is a trend that has hugely accelerated over the last couple of decades

2 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Why are you assuming our Championship attendance wouldn't rise similarly?

I'm not assuming that at all I'm stating the figures, our attendances would go up significantly if we got to the Championship you're right (wouldn't that be a fun journey)

Just that we'd have to increase the stadium capacity by about 40% minimum to have a chance of hitting parity with other club's in that division,

Our resident Blackpool fan will tell us all how tough it will be to stabilise at that level.

Edited by GlossopLatic

We spent 20 years in the championship/1st/Premiership and I’m optimistic that we could maybe repeat that feat!

We’ve often said our future youth is the lifeblood of the club.
The young athleticos have raised the club’s profile massively and continued success on the field would increase interest further.

If we can spend this season up and around the top 3 I am in no doubt we could have crowds up around 8 or 9 thousand and substantially more against the bigger and more local sides!

A new 5k seater main stand would certainly solve the stadium capacity issue.

27 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

A new 5k seater main stand would certainly solve the stadium capacity issue.

Probably at least twice the cost of the JRS (£8m was that?) though and that's before factoring in the difficulties of undertaking the construction of it on a residential street

Edited by Dave_Og

9 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Probably at least twice the cost of the JRS (£8m was that?) though and that's before factoring in the difficulties of undertaking the construction of it on a residential street

It's only residential on one side.

Boom!

24 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

It wouldn’t have any corporate boxes or suites, just a basic stand with maybe offices. Shouldn’t cost anywhere near that amount!!

We could also close it for a year at least and still retain an 11000 capacity.

Edited by oafc1955

28 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

It wouldn’t have any corporate boxes or suites, just a basic stand with maybe offices. Shouldn’t cost anywhere near that amount!!

We could also close it for a year at least and still retain an 11000 capacity.

Plus changing facilities, medical rooms etc.  I don't think there are any of those in the JRS.  If you want a 5,000 seat stand - more or less twice the capacity of the current main stand (2,512 I think) you've got one heck of a challenge to get it on the same footprint and I can't see the local residents relishing one significantly higher

14 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Plus changing facilities, medical rooms etc.  I don't think there are any of those in the JRS.  If you want a 5,000 seat stand - more or less twice the capacity of the current main stand (2,512 I think) you've got one heck of a challenge to get it on the same footprint and I can't see the local residents relishing one significantly higher

New houses were built overlooking the Chaddy stand which I think is 

much higher, and they haven't much of a scenic view.

I wonder which was built first, the houses opposite the main stand, or the stadium?

Edited by BP1960

6 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Houses were built overlooking a Chaddy stand which I think is  much higher, and they haven't much of a scenic view.

I wonder which were built first, the houses opposite the main stand, or the stadium?

The stadium as exemplified by this recent post on a Facebook group about old football grounds.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/844940199360108/permalink/1678283876025732/?sfnsn=scwspmo&ref=share

9 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

New houses were built overlooking the Chaddy stand which I think is 

much higher, and they haven't much of a scenic view.

I wonder which was built first, the houses opposite the main stand, or the stadium?

The stadium I would think, but that doesn't mean the current residents wouldn't be entitled to a view on a major construction project across the road.

12 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I think it was their intention to eventually have the changing rooms at the corner of JR/JF stands.

The current stand only occupies about  60% of the available space and maybe a lower paddock of safe standing could be the way forward?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

think it was their intention to eventually have the changing rooms at the corner of JR/JF stands.

The current stand only occupies about  60% of the available space and maybe a lower paddock of safe standing could be the way forward?

Yep, sounds possible.  Still a big job though

8 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

The stadium I would think, but that doesn't mean the current residents wouldn't be entitled to a view on a major construction project across the road.

No but they would be entitled to not lose value on their property or face excessive and unsafe disruption.

The first is not very likely the second may require significant planning. Although removing / lowering the bollards from the end of Boundary Park Road would definitely help with that.

5000 seems ambitious for the footprint on only hearing the number, but the current stand only using about 60% of the area is a great point. also the ground really needs a standing section.

it would need to accomodate the changing rooms.

it's one for the future anyway, theyve spent quite doin up the changing rooms, the lounge, the players lounge et cet

12 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Does this mean BP1960 is getting a reserved sticker on his seat?

If he sticks to his plans...

12 hours ago, peanuts2 said:

A bedroom ? 

Not sure the Rothwells are looking for a sleeping partner...

11 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

Are there any height restrictions?

Just been told not to go beyond the Boundary.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

Yarney signs for Tranmere!

1 year deal after being on trial at a few different clubs.

He'll probably say it's worked out how he wanted it to but I'm not so sure.

Good luck to him either way!

Still wish we had the equivalent of Kitcb on the right hand side. It’d balance the team and increase our attacking options allowing us to keep teams guessing.

It was the missing piece from Jan onwards and it’s a shame we’ve not sorted it so close to the season. Looks like we’ll either have to play Sutton, Hobson or Shelton at RB. Or Green at RWB. None of these options are ideal.