Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

4 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Lot of absolute hysteria on Willoughby based on nothing but assumptions and the fast he’s had less game time in PSF’s. 

I’m sure he’ll be on the bench first match with Fondop. I expect he’ll get his chance.

Lot of absolute hysteria on a number of fronts on this board at the moment.

Differences of opinion expressed in a reasoned way, fine, but I think a number of people need to calm down. It's going to be a long season.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Differences of opinion expressed in a reasoned way, fine, but I think a number of people need to calm down. It's going to be a long season.

If you think it's hysteria on here, you want to see Twitter.

43 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

The only hysteria I see is coming from those who get offended by others having an opinion and discussing football on a football forum, shall we just shut debate down then? I'm confused why anyone would get offended by anything written on here, surely it's what the platform is for?.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

The only hysteria I see is coming from those who get offended by others having an opinion and discussing football on a football forum, shall we just shut debate down then? I'm confused why anyone would get offended by anything written on here, surely it's what the platform is for?.

What's actually happening is some people on here and on twitter make an extreme point, usually by making stuff up or by using twisted logic, or by taking a rumour as fact and proof that Unsworth is now and forever will be shite.

Others then call that out and say it's a bit unreasonable.

Then we have posts like this saying "so we aren't allowed to have debate anymore are we?".

I'm pretty sure you'd be hard pushed to find a post on here where someone has posted a reasoned appraisal of a player or the manager that's then been jumped on and shut down.

• Like 6

Just to put a bit of reality on this the last time Fondop scored double figures in the league was with Chesterfield 2019 when he managed 10. A  scoring feat he managed on two more occasions once in the ECFL Premier Division in 2014 , and again in the Isthmian League Premier Division in 2015 . So all in all we are trying to pair two from our current crop of strikers who all have there own unique qualities wether it be big, strong , quick, skilfull, . The main problem I currently see is you could not bet your house on one of the scoring consistently and bagging 20 plus goals this season . I hope I am wrong but just cant see it . I think they will all have a part to play this year if allowed, some more than others . This is why I hope the Norwood rumours are true as this will add a couple of traits missing in our strikers consistancy and killer instinct.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

We have a squad of 20, 11 will start and 9 will miss out. We can’t change that.

All I see are discussions about the merits of who will start and who won’t, it’s as simple as that! 

32 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I only get offended when I see of when the word is have. I'm a sensitive soul 

• Like 1

Notts County and Wrexham both had a striker who scored for fun and I don't think we have one like that. Yes, we have 4 who may or may not bag 15 if we're lucky. Will that be enough? Hence no surprise we were interested in Dallas. 

8 minutes ago, Fervid said:

Time will tell 

He's got a bit of pedigree, is only 21 and still has no club. Spent 6 years at City and then a season at Port Vale, so he's familiar with the area. Even if it's a guess, it's a good one. I'm off to Twitter...

Edited by bigfatjoe1

16 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

He's got a bit of pedigree, is only 21 and still has no club. Spent 6 years at City and then a season at Port Vale, so he's familiar with the area. Even if it's a guess, it's a good one. I'm off to Twitter...

Saw something on twitter where Vale fans (well one anyway) were slating him for laughing at them!!! He'd love it here 😂.

33 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Where on earth did the Norwood rumour come from? Surely that’s more unlikely than the Dallas rumour 

Some Barnsley fans started it last week and Wrexham have supposedly been after him and one of their ITK's supposedly said that he was coming here - not been confirmed really by anyone linked to us

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, samgoafc said:

Some Barnsley fans started it last week and Wrexham have supposedly been after him and one of their ITK's supposedly said that he was coming here - not been confirmed really by anyone linked to us

I heard it from a lot closer to home than Barnsley or Wrexham so know we've definitely been trying for him. Still think he'll probably go to Wrexham or another EFL club and the money could be better spent on another midfielder and a right back.