Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

19 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

There was a really good post from a Tranmere fan on here just after Brabin joined about how good he is at recruiting players and how big a part of their success under Mellon it was. Given the relative success Mellon has had already (points wise if maybe not consistent performance wise) with a fairly average squad I've got full faith that they'll recruit the correct players to seal a playoff position. They'll know full well where our deficiencies are.

This is where I'm at. Like what they've done so far and the one signing made was exceptional. Share your confidence that they know where we need strengthening. I'd much rather they were patient, do their due diligence on signings and sign the right players rather than saddle us with more squad padding.

I guess out of contract players, like Danny Lloyd (if he is a target), are ripe for 6 month short contracts at this stage of the season and also a good time for loan signings too.

I didn't realise Brabin was Peter Taylor to MM's Clough, thanks.  

Morecambe have replaced Walker with Gwion Edwards who I think may have been mentioned earlier in the thread (possibly as a potential signing rather than actually being linked with him)

5 minutes ago, Oldham_till_i_die said:

Alex Reid is back with the squad.

Josh Stones’ training kit is currently  occupied, but not by Stones…

I think Reid back training is good news. Good from a playing perspective, he has pace which we don't have in abundance. Good from a management perspective too, slap his wrists get him back on the job. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Morecambe have replaced Walker with Gwion Edwards who I think may have been mentioned earlier in the thread (possibly as a potential signing rather than actually being linked with him)

You're right @Gaz_Oafc, he did get a mention. I also saw him mentioned by Tom Williams, an analyst on twitter, as a potential signing for a L1 club (I think) so they may have done well there.

18 minutes ago, Oldham_till_i_die said:

no, walker takes number 28. There is no contracted player for number 24, yet it is in use.

So Walker having number 28

brings back memories of David  Eyers, who if my memory serves was his number when he was here.  Lets hope he is as good as him.😇

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 100milesaway said:

So Walker having number 28

brings back memories of David  Eyers, who if my memory serves was his number when he was here.  Lets hope he is as good as him.😇

Eyersy is his agent ( may have been mentioned previously ).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

apparently Edwards was in box last Hartlepool game

5 hours ago, Oldham_till_i_die said:

Alex Reid is back with the squad.

Josh Stones’ training kit is currently  occupied, but not by Stones…

Could he be Bruised but not broken? 

in Teatimes post match he is asked whether 352 is the answer and he answers in a telling tone that it is for these players, but he is doing it reluctantly until he can replace them and go 433 or 4231 etc.

l got all of that from the tone of his voice, go check it out..

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2024/january/06012024-mellon-post-dorking/

Edited by Monty Burns
helpfully added the link