Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

1 hour ago, steveecky said:

Stockton could be the next Nuttall, cost lots for little reward. Sooner we spent money on two full backs to better cover those positions

based on what??? they play 'up front' and you had never heard of them before??

ok Alf, once youve finished doing the club accounts and 'scouting' any chance can you go sit down for a bit and leave the Football to the Football people?

baffles me people see things so binary.

ffs.

Lots of talk of Norwood going back to Barnsley on Twitter. Surely there’s nothing in that and it’d cost em far too much money for us to even contemplate it? Seems a bizarre rumour, but i’ve seen it a few times now. 

9 minutes ago, daniel said:

Lots of talk of Norwood going back to Barnsley on Twitter. Surely there’s nothing in that and it’d cost em far too much money for us to even contemplate it? Seems a bizarre rumour, but i’ve seen it a few times now. 

seems to work on the basis that he angrily told Raglan his pass was shite  and he didn't smile so he's goin Barnsley.

Norwood still has 12 months left on his driving ban hasn't he? He was already living in Manchester whilst playing for Barnsley and the commute was proving difficult. Big part of the reason he came here in the first place.

9 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Norwood still has 12 months left on his driving ban hasn't he? He was already living in Manchester whilst playing for Barnsley and the commute was proving difficult. Big part of the reason he came here in the first place.

He's worked out that he'd rather go back to the difficult commute than play in a team full of raffle winners. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Saw a random name thrown out on Twitter James Gibbons. Right back and Conlons brother in law 

Well he’s not catching at Bristol Rovers so he could be available?

2 hours ago, daniel said:

One guy posting the same unfounded wishfull thinking is lots of talk ? You will beliving ibby & faz next 

2 minutes ago, peanuts2 said:

One guy posting the same unfounded wishfull thinking is lots of talk ? You will beliving ibby & faz next 

In fairness I don’t have twitter or whatever it’s called so not sure how it works, just going off a few screenshots i’ve been sent. 

On 1/14/2024 at 2:51 PM, BradKnowles1 said:

Saw a random name thrown out on Twitter James Gibbons. Right back and Conlons brother in law 

Gibbons has had a lot of injuries and bookings for his aggressive style of play, but could be a possibility.

Can play left back too.

Edited by BP1960

31 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

Berry scores winner for Chesterfield tonight. Shame we didn't listen to BP and that he rejected us possibly because of the shit D.U was producing.

He's started four games all season. Let's not get ahead of ourselves... 

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, OneSizeFitz said:

He's started four games all season. Let's not get ahead of ourselves... 

I guess you don't know the talent Chesterfield have out wide. 

Now tell me you wouldn't want a player who scored their winner tonight.

Edited by BP1960

8 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I guess you don't know the talent Chesterfield have out wide. 

Now tell me you wouldn't want a player who scored their winner tonight.

He’s not really done much at chetsefield. 2 goals in 19 games with no assists is pretty poor for someone who cost close to 100k.

hes 23 surely he wont play much for them when they go up 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BradKnowles1 said:

He’s not really done much at chetsefield. 2 goals in 19 games with no assists is pretty poor for someone who cost close to 100k.

hes 23 surely he wont play much for them when they go up 

I notice you didn't comment on the quality of his goal (which Is typical of his style of play) on the highlights and you are distorting the facts, he hasn't played 19 full games, his minutes on the pitch equate to roughly 6 full matches - with 3 goals scored in that time, quite good for a winger IMO.

I back my judgement, you clearly hope I'm wrong.

23 is no age, you'd have written off Davis Eyres playing for Rhyl in non league at 25yo on that basis.

If you took the trouble to do some research you'd know Chesterfield fans rate Berry highly and he will go on to far better things.

When you've actually seen him play live I'd take your comments more seriously.

Edited by BP1960

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

that doesnt make sense

ST recommended several young players, but DU wanted 'experience'. We know how that turned out.

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I notice you didn't comment on the quality of his goal (which Is typical of his style of play) on the highlights and you are distorting the facts, he hasn't played 19 full games, his minutes on the pitch equate to roughly 6 full matches - with 4 goals scored in that time, quite good for a winger IMO.

I back my judgement, you clearly hope I'm wrong.

23 is no age, you'd have written off Davis Eyres playing for Rhyl in non league at 25yo on that basis.

If you took the trouble to do some research you'd know Chesterfield fans rate Berry highly and he will go on to far better things.

When you've actually seen him play live I'd take your comments more seriously.

You’ve blocked me so won’t see this… but I would suggest that you might be a bit less prickly. 
@bradknowles had a valid opinion . Your last para was unnecessary. 

• Like 2

I did see your post. He's never seen Berry play live and distorted the game time facts to suit his narrative.

It's also wrong to write off a player ar 23yo.

In my opinion it's not valid and I'll say so.

I blocked you because like Mcfluff you appeared to adversely question every comment and not give any credit.

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 1