Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

1 hour ago, adamoafc said:

If it is him surely a short term solution and makes Fondop redundant as I’m sure despite Garner being 5”11 was a target man and won loads in the air in years gone by but that may have changed. 

If Nuttall is completely persona non grata the we have no big lump cover for Fondop should he get injured. Don't think Garner (or another target man) would necessarily mean the end for GN9.

14 minutes ago, Norewgian Gunnar said:

If players go on loan and earn less do the club owning the player not make up the balance of contracted salary. If so we would still be saving money

If a player goes on loan he still receives his full salary from the parent club; it's a contract of employment.  The parent club will receive a contribution (full or partial) from the borrowing club.

Edited by Sparkleking

7 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Barnet have signed Luke Freeman. Some signing for this level that

Points to Kanu probably moving on...

Must have had problems - been without a club for six months

I guess Mellon didn't rate the forwards currently on our books due to the fact he signed 2 stikers. Surely Willoughby and Reid will be moving on. Moving Nuttall on might be more tricky one feels.

26 minutes ago, Norewgian Gunnar said:

If players go on loan and earn less do the club owning the player not make up the balance of contracted salary. If so we would still be saving money

If you have ever played football manager you will know that loaning a player will come with the caveat of paying a certain percentage of the players wages so let's say Willoughby goes to Fylde on loan for the rest of the season they might only be able to pay 20% of his wages and we pay the rest which we might agree too aslong as he doesn't play against us. We make a small saving and make sure he can't do any damage to us either.

• Like 1

Good pedigree and has played at a much higher level. Slightly surprised we have signed another striker though and not sure how you fit Norwood, Dallas, Garner, Fondop in to the side.

It’s crazy how football works, before we signed Norwood we were all absolutely buzzing with our strikeforce of Nuttall, Reid, Willoughby and Fondop. We then obviously signed Norwood who of course is an upgrade on those but to then sign Dallas and Garner in the same season shows a couple of things:

1. Our pulling power at this level.

2. How much money we are pissing away on surplus players.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

That should signal the end for Reid as well as Willoughby & Nuttall. Even Fondop will be lucky to get a sniff!

Many reckon Fondop is a useful impact player off the bench so I  think he'll still have a part to play this season. 

In the longer term, Dallas is only on loan so I  can't see MM  starting next season with only two veterans up front in Norwood and Garner. Expect to see big Mike gone and two younger strikers in.

14 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Think this'll be a good signing, plenty of experience and aggression which we lack at times. Should hopefully be an improvement on Fondop 

The older version of Josh Stones, whose workrate and aggression I  thought brought the team to life, particularly Norwood.

I’m probably putting two and two together and making XI but they normally announce signings’ squad numbers in the articles. I assume that means Garner’s number is currently occupied and shortly to be vacated. 

4 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

I’m probably putting two and two together and making XI but they normally announce signings’ squad numbers in the articles. I assume that means Garner’s number is currently occupied and shortly to be vacated. 

Let’s hope it ain’t 30!🤔