Email Notifications

3 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

Help please 

I’ve started receiving email notifications that there are new posts in OWTB. 
Why and how can I stop them ? 
Thanks 

I’ve started getting annoying ads every time I click a topic. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

Help please 

I’ve started receiving email notifications that there are new posts in OWTB. 
Why and how can I stop them ? 
Thanks 

Account - Account Settings - Notification Settings - Followed Content … then check the ‘Do not send me notifications’ checkbox 👍

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, daniel said:

I’ve started getting annoying ads every time I click a topic. 

The ads have been a pain for a while, appreciate we need to cover costs. 

Could we potentially have a wip around to gather some funds and remove the ads ? 

I would be willing to chip in to that. 

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

So have I although I'm guessing Matt and Co need to pay for the upkeep of the site somehow so I'll live with it.

We are skint, and the dollar is about £1.20.

We've absolutely tried our best to keep ads down to the lowest we can possibly have without overload and intrusion - although we've just recently added OWTB Member+ Tier in the subs bit which is £3.50 a month, this removes all ads and also gives us a boost. Bronze tier no longer exists, all members who were on that plan and renewing must opt out if they don't want to continue, all existing Bronze members will be automatically moved into the Member+ tier and will enjoy ad free OWTB at the old price until their plan needs renewing

You can find it here...

https://www.owtb.co.uk/subscriptions/

The emails are can be easily managed as @TheBigDog mentions above. We do not send out email adverts - the only emails that should be generated by the site are those which the user has opted in to, which are usually new posts on subscribed forums or topics.

If there are any problems, please let us know.

Thx,

Matt.

Also, if you simply just want to donate, you can do that too right here...

Thanks to everyone again for their continuing support.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, Matt said:

We've absolutely tried our best to keep ads down to the lowest we can possibly have without overload and intrusion - although we've just recently added OWTB Member+ Tier in the subs bit which is £3.50 a month, this removes all ads and also gives us a boost. Bronze tier no longer exists, all members who were on that plan and renewing must opt out if they don't want to continue, all existing Bronze members will be automatically moved into the Member+ tier and will enjoy ad free OWTB at the old price until their plan needs renewing

You can find it here...

The emails are can be easily managed as @TheBigDog mentions above. We do not send out email adverts - the only emails that should be generated by the site are those which the user has opted in to, which are usually new posts on subscribed forums or topics.

Thx,

Matt.

I’ll sign up to this ! 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Matt said:

You can find it here...

Thx,

Matt.

I didn't realise this! I wondered what had happened to the bronze thing I'd signed up for in the past. 

I've just reactivated the subscription. Will it auto renew every month or will I need to do it manually? I couldn't see an option for this in the orders/subscriptions page.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I didn't realise this! I wondered what had happened to the bronze thing I'd signed up for in the past. 

I've just reactivated the subscription. Will it auto renew every month or will I need to do it manually? I couldn't see an option for this in the orders/subscriptions page.

I'm fairly certain it auto-renews, I'll keep an eye on it.

Thanks everyone for the uptake.

• Thanks 1

On 6/4/2023 at 12:25 AM, JohnnyPimp said:

Types Matt from his laptop in the Maldives.

Subscribed btw - cheers guys.

We don't type anymore. We dictate to one of the minions who types it out for us. 

• Like 2