48 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

If you read the match report on the Barrow website it looks like we created next to nowt and that Barrow had total control.

Can anyone who went give us an unbiased view?

Sounds like Rhino ball to me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

If you read the match report on the Barrow website it looks like we created next to nowt and that Barrow had total control.

That’s not how the local bbc radio commentators made it sound. Sounded like an even game with both sides competing and creating chances. 

7 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Think the stats had us with more possession, more shots (less on target) and more corners.

Sounds like we did ok but Southend is the game to start looking good.

30 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Big Mags beaten from a shot outside the box again...

Pulled off some amazing saves as well though, didn't he?

He's a good 'keeper.  Lets not start picking on yet another individual when there's no need...

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

Pulled off some amazing saves as well though, didn't he?

He's a good 'keeper.  Lets not start picking on yet another individual when there's no need...

Agreed. And if your keeper does have a weakness (which you'd expect at this level) then being beaten by long range shots occasionally should be one of the easiest things to protect him from. He seems to handle crosses, shot stopping, one on ones, penalties pretty well.

28 minutes ago, Hemel latic said:

Did you see a keeper in the National League last season that you'd take over Magnus Norman?

I didn't and on that basis among others I'm dead happy with our number one.

Ashmore at Boreham Wood was the best one I saw.

Norman is capable of brilliance at times but concedes too many what I would consider regulation goals.

I appreciate I am in the minority in this assessment.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Magnus defo has a problem from distance aye but he is by far the best we have had for absolute yonks and maybe even the best in the division overall. 

easy gets us 10pts on his own.

I’ve just caught up on the fact he’s only 26 years old, an ex-Fulham youth of 8 years and has played almost half of his professional games for us.

Only going to get better, isn’t he?

2 minutes ago, JohnnyPimp said:

I’ve just caught up on the fact he’s only 26 years old, an ex-Fulham youth of 8 years and has played almost half of his professional games for us.

oh yes  👍🏻

seems really eager to learn and GK is the worst postition to be too arrogant to accept that constant learning is essential, so no worries on that front. it won't help him in terms of perception that he already looks 36 years old but l stopped caring about perceptions a longgg time ago!

5 minutes ago, JohnnyPimp said:

Some do, some don't.

Was Wayne Rooney better at 28 than he was at 18 for example?

I know injuries can happen at any time and are unpredictable but maybe Rhinoball makes players like Lundstram more susceptible to picking up knocks. The player already commented on how he was being asked to play differently - more high intensity pressing off the ball. Hope he makes a quick recovery.

47 minutes ago, Sloshed Joe said:

I know injuries can happen at any time and are unpredictable but maybe Rhinoball makes players like Lundstram more susceptible to picking up knocks. The player already commented on how he was being asked to play differently - more high intensity pressing off the ball. Hope he makes a quick recovery.

the physical care of players under The Rhinostructure has imoroved massively and would far outweigh any negatives.

• Like 1