MATCH: vs Southend (A) 05/08/23

6 minutes ago, Butter said:

We were beat when I saw that line up. We must be an absolute dream to play against. Concede so much space, sit back. A midfield with very little creativity. No pace on the counter.

Everything wrong there. Take the game to them, have a go! They’ve been in absolute turmoil and we’ve rocked up there with a back 5 like a side scrapping for a point in a relegation scrap.

His pragmatic, dull negative mindset needs to f*ck off as much as our central midfield of Shelton and sheron. Sign a right back too instead of leaving a young cb out to dry there.

100% this. Poor Sutton looks shot.

3 minutes ago, Butter said:

His pragmatic, dull negative mindset needs to f*ck off as much as our central midfield of Shelton and sheron. Sign a right back too instead of leaving a young cb out to dry there.

Yep!!…He signed a very good striker in Norwood but to be fair Aguero wouldn’t make much of a difference with that supply line!

8 minutes ago, Butter said:

We were beat when I saw that line up. We must be an absolute dream to play against. Concede so much space, sit back. A midfield with very little creativity. No pace on the counter.

Everything wrong there. Take the game to them, have a go! They’ve been in absolute turmoil and we’ve rocked up there with a back 5 like a side scrapping for a point in a relegation scrap.

Spot on. 👍🏻

1 minute ago, 100milesaway said:

Yes it has.   Last season we were mostly shite, not only that, but when we did get results we were still awful to watch. 

And we have started this season WORSE that before. Even though we have spent lots and lots of money, in order to go BACKWARDS.

And when you have travelled 500 plus miles ,and spent hundreds of pounds, to watch what amounted to a load of crap you are ENTITLED  to boo. 

90 minutes and we've gone backwards have we yeah? Deary me.

24 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

No, that is too reactionary, things will definitely improve over the next half season or so.

I’m praying you’re right , but shipping 4 goals and scoring none with the red and yellow cards tells me something is wrong . 

14 minutes ago, Butter said:

Absolutely, everything that should have been corrected from last season

55 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

Given that he had trained with us prior to signing, he knew exactly what he was in for.

Dollar bill yaw

Tbh, he looked more relaxed when Sutton and Nuttall went off

lve jus realised the Oldham version would start 'l grew up on the crimeside/three streets from Limeside/stayin alive was no jive'

21 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Stop being a dick Rob, you don't even go so why are you so bothered about posting for bites, I'll take you seriously and your opinion when you actually support the team.

Your opinion didn't count while boycotting then? Is it back to needing to attend games to be a supporter?

1 minute ago, True Tic said:

True, but they still scored three, if feel better (slightly ) if we had drawn or gone down to a stuffy goal or something but 4 nil? 

It is a terrible result and a massive wake up call for everybody. I'll be very surprised if it is a 100 points for promotion season like last season so these kind of results are probably going to crop up over the course of the last nine months.

7 minutes ago, Rootshallbloke said:

The referee had his red card out without a further thought after seeing the tackle. Tells me that he agreed with my view. Mind you, opinions are always subjective.

Yeah… refs are never wrong are they. Neither he nor you saw the two replays. 

Met a fair few latics in the pub before the game. All were a credit to your club.

I didn't expect a result like that today but in truth it was thoroughly deserved. It could have been more.

I felt the red was harsh but you make a tackle like that away from home and with the crowd on the refs back and it's usually going to be a red.

We were excellent today and deserved the win.

A fan told me before the game the Norwood is on 4k per week. I'd be fuming. His effort levels were abysmal and he looked disinterested.

Good luck for the season. You have a lot of new faces and it takes time to gel. We have a limited but very together bunch and a great management team.

IF we get taken over and sign more players then I'd expect us to be up the top with you and chesterfield.

All the best. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

It is a terrible result and a massive wake up call for everybody. I'll be very surprised if it is a 100 points for promotion season like last season so these kind of results are probably going to crop up over the course of the last nine months.

True, but when they crop up on the first day of the season it spells trouble.  In our first game, we have undone months of positivity, and masses of confidence building throughout the club. Poor Frank must wonder what he has to do.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Butter said:

The run from from January last season was largely a result of the opposition missing shit loads of chances.

Southend did that today...except went on to score four.

Looking ahead to Aldershot, Sutton will be suspended so assuming we have our current squad, 5 at the back won't be possible

So likely a Kitching Hogan Raglan Hobson back 4

I'd love to see a Willoughby Norwood Green front 3 with Dickenson in the midfield 3 

However I'm expecting 442 with Nuttall and any other ST there 

3 minutes ago, Shrimperama said:

Met a fair few latics in the pub before the game. All were a credit to your club.

I didn't expect a result like that today but in truth it was thoroughly deserved. It could have been more.

I felt the red was harsh but you make a tackle like that away from home and with the crowd on the refs back and it's usually going to be a red.

We were excellent today and deserved the win.

A fan told me before the game the Norwood is on 4k per week. I'd be fuming. His effort levels were abysmal and he looked disinterested.

Good luck for the season. You have a lot of new faces and it takes time to gel. We have a limited but very together bunch and a great management team.

IF we get taken over and sign more players then I'd expect us to be up the top with you and chesterfield.

All the best. 

After the troubles that your club have had, and are still having you deserve to do well. An amazing effort, well done and good luck to all involved in getting your club back.

• Like 3

I know everyone will be licking their wounds tonight about our teams result- but spare a thought for Erysey will you- no one has seen him on the forum all summer, but he’s here now and he’s foaming at the mouth with his fellow fans after one game.

He’s gonna make himself ill. 

#prayforeyrsey. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

True, but when they crop up on the first day of the season it spells trouble.  In our first game, we have undone months of positivity, and masses of confidence building throughout the club. Poor Frank must wonder what he has to do.

It only spells trouble if you are determined to make a big deal out of it...

Just now, League one forever said:

I know everyone will be licking their wounds tonight about our teams result- but spare a thought for Erysey will you- no one has seen him on the forum all summer, but he’s here now and he’s foaming at the mouth with his fellow fans after one game.

He’s gonna make himself ill. 

#prayforeyrsey. 

As long as I'm not as hysterical as the #oneresultdeterminestheseason crew...

Fingers crossed Lundstram is fit to start next game as we had no one who could carry the ball forward and run at players from midfield. Dickenson looked better than the other 2 crabs to be fair to him and linked up well with Norwood and Big Mike. 
Slightly concerned about how Southend got in behind us with pace. Individually Hogan, Raglan and Hobson are very good for this level, but Yarney had that extra bit of pace to stay with quick forwards.