Unsworth Out

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Just an observation. 

We all want him to get on the front foot more and attack the game. But it’s clearly not in his principles. Imagine him going all out attack and getting rinsed 3-0. 

… as opposed to playing all defensively and getting battered 4-0?

• Like 1

A few questions on DU

Why did we start the game so languid last night after a 5-1 victory is this bad preparation?

The balance of the team is woeful no width no overlapping full-backs, consequently crosses being put in from 30 or 40 yards out, so easily defended.

Centre midfield totally ineffective, baffling why Gardner has not been brought on.

Tactics it was clear from the kick-off last night that things needed changing, only conclusion can be DU has not got the tactical awareness to adapt in game.

Freeman is clearly not fit why was this not addressed pre-season?

Has DU improved any of our players?

Does DU motivate our players?

We cannot judge the forwards as the service to them is dire.

The squad is not fit for purpose to win the league i think we can already forget that.

In DU interview he is doing himself no favours we had enough chances to win the game, and he is delusional.

Lots of questions time is running out surely!

1 hour ago, mickjagger said:

A few questions on DU

Why did we start the game so languid last night after a 5-1 victory is this bad preparation?

The balance of the team is woeful no width no overlapping full-backs, consequently crosses being put in from 30 or 40 yards out, so easily defended.

Centre midfield totally ineffective, baffling why Gardner has not been brought on.

Tactics it was clear from the kick-off last night that things needed changing, only conclusion can be DU has not got the tactical awareness to adapt in game.

Freeman is clearly not fit why was this not addressed pre-season?

Has DU improved any of our players?

Does DU motivate our players?

We cannot judge the forwards as the service to them is dire.

The squad is not fit for purpose to win the league i think we can already forget that.

In DU interview he is doing himself no favours we had enough chances to win the game, and he is delusional.

Lots of questions time is running out surely!

The team was set up the same as Saturday so why would DU change it from the "kick off"?  I thought we were positive from the off and played some decent stuff. Their goals were a good strike from outside the box which probably could have been closed down earlier and a scramble from a set piece.  Neither had anything to do with tactics, they are things that happen in games.  Agree Gardner should have come on second half to change the dynamics and probe more from midfield but I thought we were more likely to go on and win the game in the second half.  Overall, thought we played ok. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Whitts said:

The team was set up the same as Saturday so why would DU change it from the "kick off"?  I thought we were positive from the off and played some decent stuff. Their goals were a good strike from outside the box which probably could have been closed down earlier and a scramble from a set piece.  Neither had anything to do with tactics, they are things that happen in games.  Agree Gardner should have come on second half to change the dynamics and probe more from midfield but I thought we were more likely to go on and win the game in the second half.  Overall, thought we played ok. 

Agree that we played ok but still feel that, once he saw how Halifax had set up, he could have changed things 🤔

19 minutes ago, Whitts said:

Cheers Dave, what are we worrying about then. 

As for thinking we were more likely to win the game what have you been smoking, we literally continued to play in the same way with the same type of players, continued to give the ball away and unforgivably in my book were out thought, out worked and out battled, playing okay isn't acceptable nor does it have anything in common with this winning machine we keep being promised. 

With our top two budget and top two crowds I expect so much more, let's not beat about the bush here this is Unsworths team now the bullshit and excuses need to stop and those apologising and defending him are part of the problem, not one home grown player in that matchday squad neither which doesn't bode well going forward, recruitment has been dire with players brought in at the eleventh hour in problem positions who now look like they are running through treacle as they are four weeks away from being match fit, not Freeman's fault but he looks like he's about to break down after being asked to play two home games in four days, Dickenson the same, working his way back to match fitness whilst we bob around at the bottom of the NL.

It's not fucking good enough and I've listened to the podcast this morning and in Matt Dean's own words he describes last seasons squad at the start as absolutely diabolical, I agree but we still had more points on the board with that team of raffle winners after three games and most certainly will after five games given we travel to Chesterfield and Boreham Wood next, Shez wasn't backed but was deemed surplus to requirements with a better points return, work that out.

I wish our fans would stop going on about what happened since Christmas it literally counts for the square root of fuck all, all it may have done is bought Unsworth some time but he's proving yet again that he is not up to the job, tactically inept and a chancer who will sit there with his muppets blaming every other fucker as another season passes by, unforgivable in front of 8000 fans on a Tuesday night.

I also don't like the way he treats players Fondop, Reid, Willoughby, Gardner and Hobson must all be thinking what they have to do to get some minutes, any one of those would walk in to any other team in the NL, he doesn't involve them he freezes them out and then expects them to do a job, why doesn't he give them more time when we are either getting battered or cruising at 3-0 at home to Aldershot, in both instances he should have made more use of his bench, that's on top of the way he's managed players like Vaughan, Sutton and Rooney, be able to add Hobson to that list soon as another player he has ruined and you can see why we are in a bit of a mess and could be bottom three in a couple of Saturdays time.

I hope Bowyer was there last night as reported, we need a manager to match the ambition of the club and somebody who can take us forward, Unsworth is proving that he just isn't that man, problem is he's probably skint the Rothwells out, if I were them i wouldn't be giving him another penny.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

I wonder if we could afford the England's women's team manager. Her tactical awareness is brilliant. 

Of course we couldn't, but she is very impressive, including her use of subs.

It's a funny old game isn't it - because whilst I agree she's a very very skilled and clearly accomplished manager, today I felt like we got away with one. We bossed that game for a while, certainly first half, but their goal was coming and if not for a brain-fart from their defender to gift us the 2-1 lead I think they were on top and we'd lacked a change 5/10min in to the second half, when they were on top.

But hey, who cares? WORLD CUP FINAL BABY!

34 minutes ago, Ackey said:

It's a funny old game isn't it - because whilst I agree she's a very very skilled and clearly accomplished manager, today I felt like we got away with one. We bossed that game for a while, certainly first half, but their goal was coming and if not for a brain-fart from their defender to gift us the 2-1 lead I think they were on top and we'd lacked a change 5/10min in to the second half, when they were on top.

But hey, who cares? WORLD CUP FINAL BABY!

This is a great example of how we can all see a game differently. To me, England were in control for most of the game and easily deserved to win by more than 1 goal. Australia scored a worldy and that gave them a lift, but we didn't wobble much and put the game to bed impressively. Hemp in particular looks a really good player but all the team played well and the defence was outstanding. 

It was a superb win, against a hostile crowd and a ref who was certainly influenced by the home crowd on more than one occasion. And I don't think Wiegman got the timing of her subs wrong at all.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Cheers Dave, what are we worrying about then. 

As for thinking we were more likely to win the game what have you been smoking, we literally continued to play in the same way with the same type of players, continued to give the ball away and unforgivably in my book were out thought, out worked and out battled, playing okay isn't acceptable nor does it have anything in common with this winning machine we keep being promised. 

With our top two budget and top two crowds I expect so much more, let's not beat about the bush here this is Unsworths team now the bullshit and excuses need to stop and those apologising and defending him are part of the problem, not one home grown player in that matchday squad neither which doesn't bode well going forward, recruitment has been dire with players brought in at the eleventh hour in problem positions who now look like they are running through treacle as they are four weeks away from being match fit, not Freeman's fault but he looks like he's about to break down after being asked to play two home games in four days, Dickenson the same, working his way back to match fitness whilst we bob around at the bottom of the NL.

It's not fucking good enough and I've listened to the podcast this morning and in Matt Dean's own words he describes last seasons squad at the start as absolutely diabolical, I agree but we still had more points on the board with that team of raffle winners after three games and most certainly will after five games given we travel to Chesterfield and Boreham Wood next, Shez wasn't backed but was deemed surplus to requirements with a better points return, work that out.

I wish our fans would stop going on about what happened since Christmas it literally counts for the square root of fuck all, all it may have done is bought Unsworth some time but he's proving yet again that he is not up to the job, tactically inept and a chancer who will sit there with his muppets blaming every other fucker as another season passes by, unforgivable in front of 8000 fans on a Tuesday night.

I also don't like the way he treats players Fondop, Reid, Willoughby, Gardner and Hobson must all be thinking what they have to do to get some minutes, any one of those would walk in to any other team in the NL, he doesn't involve them he freezes them out and then expects them to do a job, why doesn't he give them more time when we are either getting battered or cruising at 3-0 at home to Aldershot, in both instances he should have made more use of his bench, that's on top of the way he's managed players like Vaughan, Sutton and Rooney, be able to add Hobson to that list soon as another player he has ruined and you can see why we are in a bit of a mess and could be bottom three in a couple of Saturdays time.

I hope Bowyer was there last night as reported, we need a manager to match the ambition of the club and somebody who can take us forward, Unsworth is proving that he just isn't that man, problem is he's probably skint the Rothwells out, if I were them i wouldn't be giving him another penny.

You can't claim the second half of last season counts for nothing whilst suggesting the starts to this and last season do.

Nobody is being frozen out, you can only play 11 at once.

If and it's still a big if, but if we only get 1pt or even 0pts from the next 2 games then surely it's time to pull the plug. He won't just have had 5 games he will have had almost a full 12 months and if we are sat in the relegation places after all the investment, then i don't really believe it would a knee jerk reaction as Matt Dean was suggesting on the pod this week. I didn't think he was the man to lead us to a promotion and I actually thought it may be around October, November with us sat mid-table that might lead us to getting rid but surely if we are in the relegation places in 2 games time, it's time for him to go. My issue is, who is making that call? If it's down to DR rather than the Rothwell's then is he going to stand by his man? Remember, he was given the job with no interview process and the other question is, who would be selecting the next manager? No more jobs for the boys, we need a real process, you can have all the stats and recruitment structure in place but the most important position you ever recruit for is the 1st team manager. Who is qualified to make that decision within the club? If DR wants to throw a hissy fit should they decide to get rid of Unsworth then he can go too for me. 

28 minutes ago, PeteG said:

If and it's still a big if, but if we only get 1pt or even 0pts from the next 2 games then surely it's time to pull the plug. He won't just have had 5 games he will have had almost a full 12 months and if we are sat in the relegation places after all the investment, then i don't really believe it would a knee jerk reaction as Matt Dean was suggesting on the pod this week. I didn't think he was the man to lead us to a promotion and I actually thought it may be around October, November with us sat mid-table that might lead us to getting rid but surely if we are in the relegation places in 2 games time, it's time for him to go. My issue is, who is making that call? If it's down to DR rather than the Rothwell's then is he going to stand by his man? Remember, he was given the job with no interview process and the other question is, who would be selecting the next manager? No more jobs for the boys, we need a real process, you can have all the stats and recruitment structure in place but the most important position you ever recruit for is the 1st team manager. Who is qualified to make that decision within the club? If DR wants to throw a hissy fit should they decide to get rid of Unsworth then he can go too for me. 

I was nodding in agreement about the recruitment of a first team manager, but then I remembered it was your mates who appointed that idiot Keith Curle...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I was nodding in agreement about the recruitment of a first team manager, but then I remembered it was your mates who appointed that idiot Keith Curle...

No mates of mine appointed Keith Curle, I can assure you of that. I know exactly who was responsible for that decision. I'd have never got rid of Harry Kewell or a number of his predecessors for that matter.