Unsworth Out

After just 6 games, we have already lost as many games as either Wrexham or Notts county lost in a full 46 game season.

After Unsworths first 12 months in charge, we are worse of than when he arrived. His style of play is yawn inducing. 

I have seen over 90% of our home matches from this season and last, and have been excited by 1 and a half of them. Aldershot and Wrexham.

We look like a team that is shackled by formations and tactics. And it simply doesn't work, the fans can see it, the owners can see it, yet still, the manager can't.

The manager has been given lots of scope to bring new players in, but, the latest 3 we are told over the weekend, are not  fit enough to play 2 games in 3 days, and probably won't be until the season is about a quarter way through.

Furthermore, the fans have already shown their disapproval , by either not attending a bank holiday fixture, with no other games played in our area. The atmosphere of expectation and renewed hope has evaporated after just 3 home games. 

The football has been awful, the fans quiet, and the stadium void of atmosphere. And already the booing and chanting to remove the manager are reverberating around the ground.

I just feel so sorry for Frank and his family, they have bust a gut to to ensure that the ground, the structure of the club and everything in the background is in place for us to prosper, yet the product that matters most, the actual football, is very poor.

Can Unsworth survive? it's looking unlikely. When things get to the level of anger that ensued after Monday's game, it would take a string of impressive results, and far more of an attacking policy from the management to make things happen on the pitch that will excite the fans, and get them bouncing again.

If miracles do happen, one needs to arrive at BP soon.

• Like 12

Good post, people will argue that Wrexham and Notts County had longer to build which is true but what I have seen in the last twelve months isn’t much in the way of progress on the pitch. Apart from the odd decent win we’ve stuttered our way through last season,  with an improvement at the end only to be stuttering again this time around. I think we will struggle again on Saturday, hope I’m wrong. If the next year reflects the last one under DU we will be mid table again. I’ve said after each game this new season that the next will be better, and bar one we’ve been awful. I’ve lost faith that Lundstram will change us, it’s the tactics , appalling ball retention. Two more poor results and something has to be done surely . 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 100milesaway said:

We look like a team that is shackled by formations and tactics. And it simply doesn't work, the fans can see it, the owners can see it, yet still, the manager can't.

I’ve said this since the start of his tenure😮

• Like 1

I would be sounding Wild out now and I reckon he’d walk here given the opportunity.

It may well be expensive to get shut of Unsworth & Ebbrell and bring in Wild but if we start climbing the table playing decent footy it will have been well worth it!

If he could get us challenging up at the top of this league we’d probably be getting nearly 8k every week and sometimes more!!

It would pay for itself in no time.

+1200 x £15 x 20=£360k.

Sorted!!!

Edited by oafc1955
  • Like 1

Quote from the pundits after Rangers getting knocked out of CL last night.

Probably not that different from where we are to be honest, but the book stops with the manager as he brought in the players.

"We are at the back end of August; these guys should be starting to show why they were brought to the team," said Sportsound pundit and former Rangers forward Neil McCann.

"It's probably the fault of the players that they're not doing it yet, but Michael has to nail down a formation and say: 'Right, these are the guys I'm choosing and this is how I'm going to play.'"

"A manager's dream is a team that picks itself," added McCann's former Ibrox team-mate Steven Thompson. "Right now, Beale doesn't know his best team and it's going to take a while to work that out.

"It's a lottery at the minute and it's a problem he's going to need to work out quickly because in the meantime, there are massive, massive games coming up."

2 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

I would be sounding Wild out now and I reckon he’d walk here given the opportunity.

It may well be expensive to get shut of Unsworth & Ebbrell and bring in Wild but if we start climbing the table playing decent footy it will have been well worth it!

If he could get us challenging up at the top of this league we’d probably be getting nearly 8k every week and sometimes more!!

It would pay for itself in no time.

+1200 x £15 x 20=£360k.

Sorted!!!

I think we could probably do with getting this Pete Wild theory out of our head...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Why?

Because Paddy probably talks to him weekly if not daily and will know better than most what Pete's thoughts on this are, I'm not friends with Pete although I know some people who are, I may be wrong but he comes across to me as loyal and principled, he is ambitious and driven and has literally worked his way up from the bottom, he is unlikely to let emotion get in the way of his plans and I suspect appreciates the fact he has an EFL job (based mainly in Manchester by the way) that he isn't going to give up any time soon to jump into the cauldron that is BP, he's a fan and attends games when he can but his loyalties lie with Barrow and we should respect that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, penrhyn said:

Because he knows how bad the fans are , And besides he is still learning his trade , If we do replace Unsworth we need someone with a proven promotion winning track record .

Sounds like Warnock fits the bill. 

11 minutes ago, Lags said:

It was mischievous at best but certainly fitted the description required. He's a mercenary type so might return if asked and he nothing else on.

I wouldn’t want him. He messed up when he was here previously and was responsible for getting us relegated from the Championship. We were three points from safety when he took over and he almost dismantled the team and wrecked any chance we had of staying up. No thanks.

• Like 1

All respect to Wild and  I like the guy there are dozens of managers with equal ability around untill they/he gets a promotion on their/his cv they fall into the category of nearly men.Not what we would require should we need a change. Tosh or not!!